Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 79796 times)

« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »
I'm ticked off because deviant art is plagued by yaoi pictures. Every time I go to the front page, one of the "favorite" pics of the day is a drawing of one guy on top of the other, and the funny thing is I highly doubt that they'd be in to each other in the first place (I know, Captain Obvious over here)! I'm also ticked off because just about every pic on the site is an anime picture. I don't really have a problem with anime (though I'm not really a fan) but just for once I'd like to see something different on the front page.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a homophobic/homosexual hater when I say that I don't like yaoi pics.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »
Don't worry, you didn't offend me. XP I know many people who shout "DO NOT WANT" when they see something like that.

I don't really enjoy a lot of "that kind" of yaoi myself, I think all sexually suggestive pics (male-female and otherwise) should be "mature content", but, you know, I believe it's because of tons of underaged girls not being able to see their precious bishonen in suggestive scenes because they're too young, so they make their own, and decided that their content should be viewed by all.

"that kind"?

Yeah, I'd like it a lot better if the characters were of a....different...body type, but why go into details? This is the Fungi Forums, not the Penthouse Forum. =D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2007, 01:32:25 AM »
What ticks me off is that my scanner is busted, meaning I can't show everyone my awesome Raiden/Dante yaoi pictures! Jeez! And don't get me started on my Harry/Ron fanfic...
every

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »
I'm more annoyed by the portrayel of some Mario characters on that site. Specifically, Peach, Rosalina and Ashley.

The Peach artwork is completely dominated by one SigurdHosenfailed, most of which are just Peach standing around making the same facial expression and fulfilling some strange fetish for the week.

Rosalina barely has any artwork, but the same guy already has her in a foldout looking like something out of Maxim.

Ashley seems to be aged by Tartlets and given a bust larger than her head. I like looking at cute Ashley not overly sexualized, legal Ashley.

That last one probably sent shivers down your spin but nonetheless, my point stands. Mario characters aren't meant to be physically attractive.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »
Mario characters aren't meant to be physically attractive.

every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2008, 05:25:06 AM »
"Wiimote." Just don't... please don't say it. It sounds like a term your obnoxious aunt from the neighboring state (the kind with the odd feathery hat, at least one golden tooth, thick purple eyeliner and a black wart on the right cheek (I don't have one of these as far as I know)) would make up before Thanksgiving dinner and laugh to herself about the whole time making countless bad jokes while everyone else exchanges looks of "¬_¬." That or a term an eleven-year-old Sony fanboy would use to spite Nintendo fans, like "Ohh, look at the Wiirdos waving their Wiimotes awound," or something like that.

It's not like "Wii Remote" is "antidisestablishmentarianism," and I find that people who say "Wiimote" put too much stress on both syllables, while "Wii Remote" comes faster with stress on just "Wii," or "Wii" and "mote." The "Re" acts as a bridge to get you to the end quicker, even just by a little bit. Or, if you just put stress on the "Wii" in "Wiimote," you end up sounding as if you have a speech impediment and cannot pronounce "remote" correctly. It's shortening of an already short term.

The official term is Wii Remote. You can make stuff up for things that do not have official terms, such as the blue flickering Wiiglow, indicating you've gotten a Wii-mail.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2008, 08:12:05 AM »
I wish we could go back to a time when it was just a "controller"...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »
I usually just refer to it as the remote.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2008, 12:58:32 PM »
I say Wiimote. "Wii" and "Re" sound too similar for me to pronounce one after the other. And I actually like the term "Wiimote" better, because it's not a regular remote.

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2008, 02:55:34 PM »
What I hate is Windows. They make computers they say are the best, but they crash on the first day. And they make a new computer every 3 months. You get a windows vista, windows makes a new computer 3 months later with awesome games and software only that computer can use. You have to get a new computer twice a year just to do those awesome things only the newer computers can do
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »
FALSE

IMO the only difference between Macs and Windows is one airs attack ads, and the other doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:21:59 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »
"Windows makes computers"?
"Only new computers can play new games"?

Huh?

No offense, but you sound just like one of my friends. He hears someone's opinion on TV or on the web, and goes around saying it like it's fact. He said that, despite the fact that he's never played it, Zombies Ate My Neighbors sucked because the Irate Gamer said so. I had to restrain myself from murdering him on the spot.
every

« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »
FALSE

IMO the only difference between Macs and Windows is one airs attack ads, and the other doesn't.
The Mac ads don't really attack Windows computers, the dude representing Macs has talked about the fact that he can run Windows operating systems as well in a handful of commercials.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
The Mac ads don't really attack Windows computers, the dude representing Macs has talked about the fact that he can run Windows operating systems as well in a handful of commercials.
I never saw that one, Canada probably has different commercials.

I should ask my friend...he watches those freekin' commercials for entertainment.

And that's another thing. Most* Mac owners are really snotty about their computers. Did you know that Steve Jobs***** made a freekin' movie?

*****I'm pretty sure it was him. Might be mistaken though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:26:02 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »
The Mac TV commercials are horribly pretentious, propagandistic, and full of false information. Much like the majority of Mac users. As for Windows, it doesn't "make computers" and that's also why traditional IBM-compatibles are the best, because you can upgrade them yourself, unlike traditional Macs, and be able to utilize the newest software without shelling out $3000 every couple of years. At this point, everyone should quit using different operating systems because they all run on the same hardware and just focus on making Linux the best operating system.
That was a joke.

Print