Print

Author Topic: An Unsettling Discovery  (Read 9289 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:35:36 AM »
A while ago, I was eating a bowl of SpaghettiOs, when I noticed a small amount of the sauce that had been on the table a minute before. Not one to waste delicious food, I scooped it up with my finger and tasted it. Much to my chagrin, it tasted of blood. Now, the table's surface had been clean beforehand, and I quickly checked to see if I had been tasting a cut on my finger or a mouth injury. I tasted it again, and, yes, blood. So I preformed an experiment. I took a small amount of SpaghettiOs sauce, put it in a bowl, and let it turn cold. When I tasted it, it tasted like blood. SO, SpaghettiOs sauce, when chilled and in small quantities, tastes like blood.

This has led me to conclude that the secret ingredient in SpaghettiOs is people.
every

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:44:18 AM »
I think it's more unsettling that you know what blood tastes like.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:00:03 PM »
... Why wouldn't you know how blood tastes? I'm sure everyone has tasted blood sometime in their lives.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 12:15:31 PM »
Thankfully I don't eat Spaghetti-os, or any type of pasta at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »
I had some beef jerky once that tasted like blood.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
... Why wouldn't you know how blood tastes? I'm sure everyone has tasted blood sometime in their lives.
Vampires are taking over the World as we speak!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 01:22:45 PM »
How can one not know what blood tastes like? When one loses a tooth as a child, is there not at least a little bit of blood?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 01:44:06 PM »
Also, factor in things like cuts, getting punched in the mouth, etc. If you've never tasted blood, you must be really sheltered.
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 02:16:01 PM »
Your logic is spot on!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »
Blood tastes like pennies.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »
I think it's more unsettling that you know what pennies taste like.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 04:18:40 PM »
Copper, people, copper! Besides, smell is linked to taste, which is why I know what ladybugs smell like (ever vaccuum one of those suckers?).

As for Spaghetti-O's, I stopped eating them after I got violently sick after eating them. Of course, I ate many other things that day, and it was probably unrelated, but they're just not that appetizing as it it (I also swore off of Strawberry Shortcake icecream bars at the same time, but I think I've had once since... whenever it was. Maybe about eight or nine years ago).

Also, I tripped and bit my tounge as a kid. Spent what seemed like forever sucking on ice and blood... kinda like salsa, really...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 12:36:27 PM »
It's unsettling that you know what salsa tastes like.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »
Is it bad if this topic made me hungry for Spaghettios?
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »
This has led me to conclude that the secret ingredient in SpaghettiOs is people.
And now... Soylent Spaghetti!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print