Print

Author Topic: The Easter Tanooki  (Read 4402 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« on: June 07, 2008, 07:46:38 AM »

What do you suppose the Mushroom Kingdom equivalent of the Easter Bunny would be? Probably this.

I wanted to get this done on Easter, but it came in March this year and I also had a cold at the time. I'm not exactly a great artist, but I thought I'd share this anyway. Might even help brighten someones day.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »
Great job! And, pretty funny, adding a Yoshi egg in the basket.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 09:32:03 AM »
The Easter Bunny always kinda creeped me out. When I was a little guy, I remember telling my parents to lock the doors so that it couldn't come in my house and get me. The next year, on the day before Easter, my parents hired a man in a bunny suit (I hope) to come and run by our front window. I screamed and cried all the way to my room. There is absolutely noting cute or springy about a giant, mutant rabbit breaking into your home and hiding chocolate miniatures of itself for the children to feast upon. The Easter Bunny for me was more like the Easter Predator.

I suppose that this Easter Tanooki is no less creepy.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 01:53:28 PM »
Your parents must have been starved for entertainment.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »
I always personally pictured the Easter Bunny as an actual rabbit with the ability to talk and produce baskets out of thin air, just to combat all those crappy stereotypical depictions of him as a big headed theme park mascot.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
I always depicted him as a cartoony, anthropomorphic rabbit, like Bugs Bunny or Roger Rabbit
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »
^ the above fits how I always imagined him as well.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 05:17:56 PM »
I would of guessed it being a Birdo (Birdetta)
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »
I'm telling kids about him instead of the Easter Bunny when I get older.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 11:35:04 AM »
One time my cat walked through a room with mud on his feet on Easter eve, and my mom used the opportunity to say that the tracks were the Easter Bunny's footprints. I never really believed in the Easter Bunny, but I did hold on to Santa until I was 12.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 07:57:06 AM »
I only ever believed in the real person Santa Clause is based on (St. Nicholas), even when I was a pre-schooler.

Print