Poll

What are your views on war?

It should be fought whenever possible even when it isn't needed
1 (2.9%)
It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side
7 (20.6%)
War ain't pretty, but sometimes it's necessary
19 (55.9%)
PaperLuigi smells
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: War  (Read 39514 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2008, 05:09:39 PM »
You know, people die at war.  Violently, too.  It's pretty scary and depressing.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2008, 06:08:57 PM »
And it's morbid forcing you're beliefs and ideas on innocent people and killing them if they reject them. Why do I hate war?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2008, 06:26:09 PM »
War is fought because there are people who want to force their beliefs on other people. Forcing your beliefs on other people is just that. It may cause war, but without two sides fighting each other, it isn't war. It's just oppression. Also, you seriously need to fix your grammar. It's not "you're" as in "you are over there," it's "your" as in "your beliefs."

Also, what the heck is this about?

Now they want to get rid of our gun rights so they can control us and are doing much worse things to this once and still grand country.

And then about a month later you say this:

Guns should be destroyed.

So I guess you're all right with Bush and his apparent "plan" to take over and control Americans?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 06:32:31 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2008, 12:53:41 AM »
That first comic annoys me, not because of the political stance it takes, but by the design of the character in the first cell.

But yeah, um, see, thing is that there are two sides in the Iraqi war, U.S. troops/happy Iraqi civlians, and insurgents (a.k.a. people who liked to be raped by dictators). Reason Bush doesn't want to, and logically shouldn't is because there's still random jerkoffs who just drive into buildings and set off car bombs. That's why it's really much a fruitless campaign, considering terrorist organizations and Iraqi insurgents don't seem to know how to play by the rules. It's kind of hard to fight a war, let alone win it when combatting a faceless enemy. It really is a shame. Modern war is far less interesting and attractive than good old fashioned trench warfare.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2008, 01:18:44 AM »
Happy Xmas (War is Over)
That was a joke.

Print