Poll

What are your views on war?

It should be fought whenever possible even when it isn't needed
1 (2.9%)
It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side
7 (20.6%)
War ain't pretty, but sometimes it's necessary
19 (55.9%)
PaperLuigi smells
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: War  (Read 39516 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 11:10:13 PM »
Thanks Ambulance Y for arguing a point I never made. I'm not defending the war or supporting it. I was just using that line as an example.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
Understood. I'm only know about that subject because I took "Middle East/North African Conflict" as an elective this year.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »
It's all good. Is that a college class, or are you in high school?
= = = = = = =

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:19:43 PM »
The latter.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »
Huh. Weird. I'm a Politics major in college, and we barely have any courses that event specific, hahaha.
= = = = = = =

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »
My town is privileged with a very nice public school system.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 12:01:59 AM »
I think wars should never have to be fought by any country and that all conflicts should be able to have a peaceful resolution. Unfortunately, this will not be even remotely possible until all countries have equal natural and economic resources. Even then, the various countries would have to be able to put down their religious and ideological differences to be able to stop war.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04:49 AM »
PaperLuigi apparently still hasn't read my first post here because he didn't notice that I had to concede that I thought the USA entering WWII was necessary. It was also terrible because it led to atomic weaponry. Also, as for WWI, it was definitely not necessary. It was just a chain of alliances.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 07:22:43 AM »
My town is privileged with a very nice public school system.

Where might your town be? You're lucky.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 07:55:50 AM »
I think the current war (Iraq) should never have happened.  We aren't the policemen of the world.

But some wars are necessary for protecting our way of life.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
"It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side" Who can define "necessary", anyway? Back-and-forth killing creates more animosity.

"Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

"..."

"I think grown-ups just act like they know what they're doing."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 10:39:40 AM »
I don't think war is ever necessary. If two countries have a disagreement, they should just negotiate in a mature way.
I especially think the war in Iraq is really dumb. The US has no right to tell other countries what to do.

In fact, I think this whole "war on terror" is just an excuse to take away our rights (and to take the Arabs' oil). I believe that the government either planned or allowed the events of 9/11 to happen just so they'd have an excuse to start wars and do stupid stuff like the Patriot Act.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »
War is sometimes necessary, and is also a fact of life. It's not pretty, but sometimes it's the only way.

I don't think war is ever necessary. If two countries have a disagreement, they should just negotiate in a mature way.
I especially think the war in Iraq is really dumb. The US has no right to tell other countries what to do.

If we tried that on Hitler and the Japanese instead of fighting and defeating them, the world might be completely under a single dictatorial rule, and commanded by Germany, Italy and Japan. You can't negotiate with some people - because some people believe they are beyond normal rules and have the right to rule other other countries. Just look at people like Robert Mugabe, Hugo Chavez, and Kim Jong II. Do you honestly think that negotiation with these scum is going to stop them from killing their own people and destroying their countries for the pursuit of military strength and domination?

In fact, I think this whole "war on terror" is just an excuse to take away our rights (and to take the Arabs' oil). I believe that the government either planned or allowed the events of 9/11 to happen just so they'd have an excuse to start wars and do stupid stuff like the Patriot Act.

Oh no, don't get started on conspiracy theories. There is almost no evidence whatsoever that the US themselves did this, and many Muslim prisoners of war have already testified to planning these attacks for the purpose of Jihad. Personally, I think people usually believe this junk just because they want to blame everything on their leaders, as always. It's always the President's fault - the US has no enemies but the ones that are only trying to defend themselves from the insidious rule of Bush the Tyrant. I can't stand stuff like that.

Note: Please realize that the above is my opion as well, and I am not trying to insult anyone in this topic. Thank you.

What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »
First sentence = Fairly accurate.
Second sentence = Fairly unlikely.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2008, 04:48:48 PM »
My reason for believing that is this:
There's no way the towers collapsed from getting struck by planes. They were designed to withstand getting hit by planes. There were explosives in the basement. Several survivors have said that they heard explosives going off in the basement. Of course, you never hear from them on the news because they don't conform to the official story of how it happened.
Also, the owner of the WTC pretty much confirmed it in a PBS interview.
They wanted a war, and they knew that causing a crisis would make it more likely. It's all a part of their plan to take away our rights and create the New World Order.

576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Print