Poll

What are your views on war?

It should be fought whenever possible even when it isn't needed
1 (2.9%)
It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side
7 (20.6%)
War ain't pretty, but sometimes it's necessary
19 (55.9%)
PaperLuigi smells
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: War  (Read 39512 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 03:50:01 PM »
The main reason I heard Bush caused 9/11 was that he could start a war over oil to...get more...oil. Or some such.
every

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
Which basically means he failed (if he had anything to do with 9/11 at all) because we have no oil and gas prices are severely high.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 01:30:47 AM »
Money: There was hundreds of billions of dollars of gold stored under the WTC. Bush and his buddies wanted it for themselves.

Power: Because of how there was such a high terrorist alert, Bush has been granted more power than he should have so he can deal with the terrorists.
Well, hate to break it to you, but what gold wasn't recovered was destroyed by the, you know, flames that melted solid steel and destroyed entire buildings. And lawl at you writing "Bush and his buddies".

And like I said, what powers are you talking about? What exactly do you expect him to do with these crazy new powers he's supposedly gained? You're just repeating yourself. Just like all conspiracists.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 01:31:52 AM »
Oh and yeah, as PaperLuigi said already, the whole "He did it to acquire oil from the middle east" is a load of bull crap. Yep, that's exactly why I'm paying $4.25 a gallon for gas now.
= = = = = = =

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 01:45:20 AM »
While I do lean toward several conspiracy theories, the idea that Bush would destroy the Twin Towers just to have more expensive gas and see what I check out from the library (last week I borrowed Endless Ocean, if you must know) is a bit too far-fetched even for me.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 08:04:39 AM »
I used to be totally against the War on Iraq, but I have partially changed my mind. My father thinks that we should just nuke Iraq, my mom has no comment, my brother says if we didn't, al-Quada would set up another attack. My sister has no comment. I kind of agree with my brother. And, I picked:

War isn't pretty, but sometimes, its neccasery.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »
Anyone who thinks we should "just nuke Iraq" is, I'm sorry to say, a total idiot.
every

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »
What did Iraq even do to us, anyway? The whole 9/11 thing was supposedly the Afghanistan guys, so why are we at war with Iraq?
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 08:56:51 PM »
I think war is good, because if there wasn't guns and killing and stuff a lot of my favorite video games probably would never exist.

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »
That is the only good thing about war.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »
I think war is good, because if there wasn't guns and killing and stuff a lot of my favorite video games probably would never exist.

I so wanted to make that point earlier in this topic.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »
*remembers the April Fools Game Informer article about video game companies demanding World War 3 to start because World War 2 had been done to death*

"EA can have France."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2008, 01:48:32 AM »
What did Iraq even do to us, anyway? The whole 9/11 thing was supposedly the Afghanistan guys, so why are we at war with Iraq?

We're not at war with Iraq. Currently, the big issue is that we liberated Iraq from Saddam Hussein, however there are many Muslim extremists who do not want the U.S. to change the nation. Now insurgent groups are trying to rid the place of all U.S. prescence. With a democracy in place in the government, supposedly you may call the invasion a success and thus there's less and less need for military action. But as mentioned, the problem is that insurgents are still attacking. Because of this, the U.S. government faces a dilemma of how fast to withdraw American troops. Too quickly, and the insurgent groups overthrow the infant democracy, making all the past years of fighting pointless. Too slowly however, and it prolongs the war.
So no, we're not at war with Iraq. And no, there's no need to "nuke" Iraq either, as that defeats the purpose of overthrowing Saddam Hussein's dictatorship and forcing a democracy in the first place.
= = = = = = =

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »
Well, I think we've been told that it was either because Osama high-tailed it to there and/or Saddam and his mysteriously unfindable WMDs were there.

The general belief is that... it was for oil (I think I'm going to preface all my statements on threads like this because that I completely lost my ability to know who to believe about a year ago).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print