Poll

What are your views on war?

It should be fought whenever possible even when it isn't needed
1 (2.9%)
It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side
7 (20.6%)
War ain't pretty, but sometimes it's necessary
19 (55.9%)
PaperLuigi smells
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: War  (Read 39515 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2008, 02:45:17 AM »
Also, a lot of reasoning that Iraq was invaded in the first place, it was mainly justified by research showing that Hussein funded Al Qaeda. So if you cut off a main supporter of it, it should go down, right? Well, apparently not. Tough luck. Oh and yeah, there were the faulty claims of nuclear weapons and such, that could possibly be funneled into terrorist groups.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2008, 06:40:06 AM »
Still, that doesn't change the fact that nuking Iraq shouldn't even be considered. Killing millions of innocent civilians and causing years of cancer-inducing nuclear fallout to get to a few terrorists is never the answer.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2008, 10:49:17 AM »
We're considering that?
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2008, 11:04:55 AM »
No, but some people think it's a viable idea, and it makes me angry.
every

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »
Another thing: I remember watching on NBC nightly news a story about an interagator that interviewed Saddam Hussein before his trial. Saddam actually revealed that he had faked possesion of WMD's to impress Islamic nations like Iran (I may be hazy on the details a bit, but I think that was the general gist).

Basically, this means that George Bush had a good reason to invade Iraq, and that it wasn't his fault that he found now WMDs.

No, but some people think it's a viable idea, and it makes me angry.

I agree with that. It's stupid to bomb anywhere with a weapon of that power unless it will have a major affect on the world and will bring peace. That is why - terrible as it was - bombing Japan in WWII was necessary, IMO.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
Just a reminder: Use the quote button () to quote another's post.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2008, 08:40:41 PM »
Oh please. Iraq had NOTHING to do with spreading democracy. Why do you think we haven't invaded Zimbabwe yet?

The U.S. govinmit estimates the value of a human life at ~$100k. multiply that by 4,200 or whatever the U.S. death toll in Iraq is (never mind the death toll of the Iraqis, they aren't real people in the govinmit's eyes anyways) and you get about 420 million. Where did that money go? Or more accurately, who got the money from these "sales" of U.S. soldiers' lives?

Remember, gas was ~1.40 a gallon when Dubya declared war on Iraq. A dollar was worth about 1.15 euros. Now gas is over $4 and the dollar is worth 0.64 euros. But what's 4,000 lives and an economic collapse if your buddies get rich, right?
~I.S.~

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2008, 09:48:30 PM »
You do realize it's the Arabic companies who are inflating oil costs, right? America has no control over foreign prices, so blaming Bush for high oil prices, claiming he's funneling it back to "buddies" in the oil industry here is completely fruitless. Hell, if freakin congress would allow drilling in an American reservoir, gas prices would drop almost instantly.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »
...And people would lose their motivation to find alternate methods of travel. While I don't deny the fact Bush isn't primarily responsible for the rise in gasoline prices, keep in mind how much gasoline the military uses. Who's the Commander in Chief?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11:05 AM »
na, oil is the result of rampant speculation.

Drilling in ANWR or whereever in the US would drop oil prices and have zero effect on the price of a gallon of gas.
~I.S.~

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Hell, if freakin congress would allow drilling in an American reservoir, gas prices would drop almost instantly.

Thank you for making that point.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »
na, oil is the result of rampant speculation.

Drilling in ANWR or whereever in the US would drop oil prices and have zero effect on the price of a gallon of gas.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 02:02:44 PM »

every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 10:45:52 PM »
What is it good for? Absolutely nothin'. Say it againnn!

I apologize if anyone made that joke before in this thread.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2008, 11:27:15 PM »
I was surprised that wasn't a poll option.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print