Print

Author Topic: What would the next big Mario game be like?  (Read 34100 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »
Giana Sisters?
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2008, 01:50:37 PM »
Spin Offs - I don't know why all of you hate the Mario sports series. I think they're wonderful.
RPG - I really don't care. New Paper Mario or something would be cool.
Platformer - Yes, tons... thousands.
3D Main Series - I disagree with anyone saying that a main game can wait... No. I don't feel like waiting another 5 or 6 years for the next Mario adventure. I mean, SMB, SMB2, SMB:LL, and SMB3 all came out on the first system... Four!! Now it's SNES = SMW, N64 = Mario 64, GCN = Sunshine, Wii = Galaxy... one per year. Lame. They should have 2 per year. That would work out a little better so we don't twiddle our thumbs 'till Bowser thinks his next plot up.
Misc. - Whew... Luigi's Mansion 2? Eh.... I dunno.
Formerly quite reasonable.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »
Giana Sisters?
Routinely? Or just that one?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »
Still, those old games were made by teams of like ten dudes while modern creations have hundreds of credited people.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »
I dunno about always, though... doesn't Naughty Dog still have only about 90 people?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2008, 06:42:09 PM »
I was thinking that since Mario has reached the final frontier (space)
If space is the final frontier, maybe in the next platformer they can go the opposite way and shrink Mario down to explore the microuniverse to jump around molecules and atoms.  But that would probably result in the same gameplay as Super Mario Galaxy; Nintendo will most likely build the next Mario game around a new gameplay element rather than the setting.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »
They should make future Mario games play similarly to SMB3, but in full 3d, and perhaps with all of Mario's moves from SM64.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2008, 06:41:11 AM »
They could make it about parallel dimensions/multiple universes. Super Mario Universe would then be a fitting title.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2008, 07:34:48 AM »
Super Mario:
World===>Galaxy===>Universe
...is there a pattern, perhaps?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »
Actually, Land -> World -> Solar System (Sunshine) -> Galaxy -> Universe. Not that Sunshine actually covered a whole solar system, of course.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »
The way I see it:
Beach Resort (Sunshine) -> Kingdom (SMB) -> Land -> World -> Worlds (the different maps in SMB3) -> Galaxy -> Universe
You didn't say wot wot.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2008, 11:50:12 AM »
I hope Nintendo thinks outside the box and makes the next game Super Mario Room.
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:34 PM »
The next big Mario game would probably not be on a handheld system, like the DS.  Those games are small.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »
I hope Nintendo thinks outside the box and makes the next game Super Mario Room.

How ironic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
Well, nobody ever said that the area trend had to, or could be, or should be continued. When Galaxy's name was announced, I just thought of it as a nice revisit to that and nothing more. And, in Galaxy, Mario does not explore just one galaxy. Every LEVEL is a Galaxy, so you're effectively playing Super Mario Universe but with a better name. Super Mario World is named kind of weirdly, as well... but I suppose "world" has a different meaning in the realm of video games anyway, with every level in Super Mario 64 and every continent in SMB3 being called worlds. Or perhaps SMW was meant to be a huge twist in the way you play Mario games on the new Super NES: Super Mario Whirled! And some doof misspelled the title for the box and title screen.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print