Print

Author Topic: How can you re-install drivers on your computer?  (Read 3793 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« on: August 22, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »
So I finally found the disc that came with my computer that holds all the software that's already in my computer. And after the motherboard of my computer was replaced someone told me that the reason I had no sound was that the drivers were somehow un-installed (I don't know what these "drivers" are) So I popped in the disc and It was all really confusing, there is nothing on there that says "Install drivers" or anything of the sort. I don't want to damage my computer by fooling around in there, so I was hoping that one of you more "computer experienced" people here could help me out here. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »
I hate when people deliberately tell you vague descriptions of the protagonist of their problem and ask for help. What is the CD?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »
Well I see that it's round, not any other notable characteristics on this disc. I'll just post what it's for. "Reinstalling V.9X (Capable)/ 56K Data/ Fax Modem software for windows. It says it contains drivers, diagnostics and utilities, online documentation, and "Modem on hold" Hold on, I'll post what it says on the menu screen a bit later. I'm just posting what It says on the disc.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:00:11 PM »
If it says that, then it looks to be just software for a modem, not your whole computer. It is possible to find the drivers on the net if you have the make of motherboard, though.

Also, drivers are bits of software written so Windows (or whatever you're using, I'm just assuming Windows here) can co-operate with your computer and everything plugged into it. If there are no drivers for a chosen device, or they're incorrect, Windows won't be able to use the hardware, or it will use it at less than desirable performance.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
I'm having a similar problem. Someone told me to replace remove the sound drivers on my computer because they didn't work, so I deleted it and now I don't know what to do...

Print