Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 200163 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:02:01 AM »
"No! Well, I must confess, every once in a while, I get a strong urge to have sex with a man. But I just pray for a while and the feeling goes away. Can't let Satan get to me!"

Are you serious or are you just trying to be funny.

Edit: Never mind I get what you were doing.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 01:14:42 PM by MushroomJunkie »
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
What I was saying is that being gay is an inclination or temptation, not a lot in life.
Whether that's what you were saying or not, the fact is, you're incorrect.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »
You can think whatever you want and be wrong, TurtleKid but answer me: if a government's job is to protect, why does the government have a right to decide who can marry whom?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »
Because being gay can make diseases such as AIDS spread  5 times as fast (or faster) then if everybody was straight.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »
How does that make sense?

Also gay or straight you should be smart enough to know how to avoid those diseases. Why people have so little self-control as to keep them going is beyond me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »
Uhhh.... AIDS has to be spread sexually or through blood transmissions. Any fluid, really. So if you're straight and get AIDS from a gay man... you're either a heroin addict or lying about being gay--which all the more reason for people to stop convincing homosexuals it's a choice.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 06:44:51 AM »
I dunno.  I know straight guys who turned gay, I'm gonna have to agree with everything Turtlekid1 said.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 07:04:14 AM »
Well, in the case of Lindsay Lohan, that's just your usual celesbian attention-getting. But, like nearsightedness or asthma, it's not impossible for homosexuality to develop later in life. Heck, I heard some guy turned gay after a car accident (rear-end collision? That's not my joke.), though he may have just been looking for a quick buck in court.

Here's the thing: Right now, CNN is doing a segment on how gay characters in TV shows/movies is kind of becoming a "thing", and that's where I draw the line, because that's just bigotry in the opposite direction. Now, that's not a homophobic statement. I'd be just as irked if it suddenly became "in" to add tons of female, black, or handicapped characters to media just 'cause.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 07:36:42 AM »
Did you forget the blaxploitation era?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »
You can think whatever you want and be wrong, TurtleKid but answer me: if a government's job is to protect, why does the government have a right to decide who can marry whom?

First off, people should have enough of a moral compass to know what perversion is; the government shouldn't even have to interfere.  But apparently people don't.  The fact is, if it bans something like this, the government is protecting.  It's protecting over 200 years of a Christian Nation's heritage and culture from being over-run by something perverse.

Whether that's what you were saying or not, the fact is, you're incorrect.

Alright, I guess we should shut down all the AA meetings because people are born alcoholics, and there's no way they can change that.  Oh, and stop drug rehab, too, because drug addicts will always be drug addicts.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 02:00:30 PM »
The fact is, if it bans something like this, the government is protecting.  It's protecting over 200 years of a Christian Nation's heritage and culture from being over-run by something perverse.
That's what they said when they segregated blacks. Look how that turned out, hm?
If you actually clicked the link I posted, you'd find that the Bible does not refer to homosexuality ever. Therefore Christianity neither condemns nor approves of it.

Alright, I guess we should shut down all the AA meetings because people are born alcoholics, and there's no way they can change that.  Oh, and stop drug rehab, too, because drug addicts will always be drug addicts.
You seem to ignore that alcoholism is something of will, not of birth. Sexual orientation is hard-wired into a person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »
Did you forget the blaxploitation era?
I meant now (though we could be due for a resurgence).

It's protecting over 200 years of a Christian Nation's heritage and culture from being over-run by something perverse.
Whatever. Does "Freedom of Religion" mean nothing to you? Yeah, this is a predominantly Christian country, but that doesn't mean we should keep segregating people.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 03:24:00 PM »
That's what they said when they segregated blacks. Look how that turned out, hm?
If you actually clicked the link I posted, you'd find that the Bible does not refer to homosexuality ever. Therefore Christianity neither condemns nor approves of it.
You seem to ignore that alcoholism is something of will, not of birth. Sexual orientation is hard-wired into a person.

So is alcoholism.  People's bodies are different in how they react to alcohol.  Some people get drunk/addicted more easily than others.

Yeah, now you can't say anything negative about a black person without it being a "racist" remark.  You can't not hire them for a job because they're not qualified for fear of being labeled a "racist".  They went too far in the other direction.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
If you actually clicked the link I posted, you'd find that the Bible does not refer to homosexuality

Sodom and Gomorrah.  In the Bible the city was burned down because it was filled with nothing but gays (and the small family that weren't which God protected and lead them out of the city before he burned it).  The Bible states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
So is alcoholism.  People's bodies are different in how they react to alcohol.  Some people get drunk/addicted more easily than others.

Alcoholism is genetic, yes. But does being gay behind the wheel kill people? Does being gay at work slow production?

Yeah, now you can't say anything negative about a black person without it being a "racist" remark.  You can't not hire them for a job because they're not qualified for fear of being labeled a "racist".  They went too far in the other direction.

Again, Fox News.

Print