Poll

What are your views on homosexuals and/or letting them wed?

I accept them.
51 (66.2%)
I tolerate them.
6 (7.8%)
It's flat out wrong.
7 (9.1%)
I don't really care.
9 (11.7%)
I have mixed views. (Describe)
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Print

Author Topic: Homosexuality and Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 200204 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2008, 03:44:20 PM »
Sodom and Gomorrah.  In the Bible the city was burned down because it was filled with nothing but gays (and the small family that weren't which God protected and lead them out of the city before he burned it).  The Bible states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin.

I thought he also turned a lady and her kid into a big salty lawn ornament for watching him blow them up, pretty much just for kicks? I think that says something about the validity of this dude's methods.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »
He drowned everyone on the planet except Noah (who was a drunk) and his family an all those animals for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The God of the Old Testament is definitely not a god I'd worship.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 05:12:48 PM »
Supposedly, he drowned them because they were all sinning... but, what, like we aren't all now?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
The explanation for that, of course, is that God said he wouldn't flood the earth again. It's a nice (convenient) explanation for why a flood of that magnitude hasn't happened since. Of course, that story exists in a lot of cultures.

And I will point out that America is not a "Christian nation", and never was intended to be, regardless of the religious views of the founding fathers. They had more consideration than that.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 07:55:59 PM »
I thought he also turned a lady and her kid into a big salty lawn ornament for watching him blow them up, pretty much just for kicks? I think that says something about the validity of this dude's methods.

It was only the wife because God told them "Do not look back"  it was merely a test of faith in him.  He wanted them to believe that He would supply all their needs and they wouldn't need all their things back in Sodom.  The wife did not have faith in the God that delivered them out of the city.

He drowned everyone on the planet except Noah (who was a drunk) and his family an all those animals for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The God of the Old Testament is definitely not a god I'd worship.

He flooded the earth because the entire earth was filled with nothing but sin.  It was complete and total anarchy, murder, theivery, rape, and anything else you can think of people would do with no trial or punishment.  Nobody was good except Noah and his family.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 09:41:44 PM »
Supposedly, he drowned them because they were all sinning... but, what, like we aren't all now?

Ahaha!... oh, you were serious... we aren't nearly bad as they were then, even as deranged as this world can be.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »
Of course, that story exists in a lot of cultures.
I've never understood the logic behind this objection. If the flood actually happened, and everyone today is descended from the six sole survivors of said flood, wouldn't you expect every culture to have passed the story down in some form?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 10:27:50 PM »
I want to stay out of this board, but first I want my question to actually get answered. TurtleKid.

A government's job is to protect its people.
You with me so far? Okay.
So, if that's why we have a government, why is it their right to tell us who we can and can't marry?
Did you get all that?

Do not avoid the question. I will ask it again if you tell me "because it's disgusting," because that's just what you think, as much as I think eating chocolate cakes with mustard is, but it's not the government's job to stop the consumption of mustard chocolate cakes. Tell me why same-sex marriage is dangerous. Tell me how it is tyrannical. Tell me about any harm any given gay person has given you just out of their orientation. No, your disgust does not count. I mean anything that actually bars you from life, liberty, property/pursuit of happiness. That last one cannot be used to say that you're simply not happy with their feelings, as there are millions of things I'm not happy with, and it is not the government's job to make you happy, but to allow you to be happy, and you could certainly be if gay marriage were permitted--of that I am positive.

Do you have an answer?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2008, 11:31:10 PM »
CrossEyed, I think the flood happened in some form, but I don't think it's likely for the entire population of the world to have descended from six people or for the whole world to have been flooded. If that were the case, where did all the extra water go?
That was a joke.

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »
Sodom and Gomorrah.  In the Bible the city was burned down because it was filled with nothing but gays (and the small family that weren't which God protected and lead them out of the city before he burned it).  The Bible states very clearly that homosexuality is a sin.
It's obvious you never clicked the link.

It very well mentions Sodom and states that it was burned down because its people turned away from being charitable and put themselves before everyone else, including God. (Gay) Rape is never an issue. Rape was in fact used commonly among people during that time on their enemies to dehumanize them, regardless of gender. Orientation was never involved.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:51:29 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2008, 06:19:47 AM »
It's obvious you never clicked the link.

I did click the link and read it.  I'm sorry but I believe what the Bible says before I believe some unknown website that I've never heard of before.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2008, 07:01:20 AM »
You're not very open minded.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »
"I tried to be opened-minded, but my brain kept falling out."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
I think it says a whole lot that no one's answered BP yet.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »
Well he wants Turtlekid to do it.
That was a joke.

Print