be taxed
0 (0%)
both
6 (26.1%)
neither
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Should religions stay out of politics or be taxed?  (Read 27779 times)

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2008, 11:57:41 PM »
If Turdlekid1 ever stops believing in God we are screwed.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 12:05:47 AM »
Should simply stay out of politics!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
I only take issue with the ridiculous idea that these things are not intrinsically bad, but only bad because God says so. They would be bad either way, as any sane person can understand.

God having created EVERYTHING, who else can say what is right or wrong?  It's not so much that God said pre-existing actions are moral or immoral, but that he created the moral/immoral actions.

If Turdlekid1 ever stops believing in God we are screwed.

I don't know whether to be offended by that speeling of my username or amused by the statement itself.  A little of both, I guess.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »
I think you're confusing your personal understanding of right and wrong with the culturally defined understanding of right and wrong.  In some cultures, what is wrong may not be defined as wrong in another culture.  Most people accept the definition of morality within their culture.  it's true that religion does influence some cultures to a great extent too.  That's why issues like gay marriage and abortion are so controversial.  But in the areas where homosexual marriage is legal, for example, it is not considered "wrong".  In that sense, the culture is influencing the local definitions of right and wrong.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2008, 03:47:50 PM »
TK, you need to start thinking on both sides of this argument or people are going to think you're a mindless idiot.

oh wait
"it's always the present"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
Everyone should try thinking on both sides.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:37:46 PM by Markio »
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 10:43:27 PM »
The post above me is true. If only it were to be put into action...
every

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »
Turtlekid is correct. Everyone else here is wrong. The end.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 11:31:48 PM »
Good thing that makes you wrong, too. *whew*
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 08:06:57 AM »
What makes your declaration of my "wrongness" any more valid than my declaration of your wrongness?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »
We have better evidence and your a dumb bum
"it's always the present"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2008, 05:52:05 PM »
The thing is, politics are based on reason rather than religion. It's simply not fair if I decided to rob a bank. It doesn't belong to me. I didn't work for the money there. Someone else did. If the Bible said it was okay for me to rob a bank, should it be that everyone in this boiling pot of a country just let me do it? And why is it okay for Christianity to govern the United States? Why can't it be Buddhism? Why does it have to be what you want even if it's not fair?

It's bothering me, seeing people* unable to think for themselves. People who let their parents think for them, who let their parents' political parties think for them, who let the Bible think for them. My family is pretty much entirely pro-choice, no questions asked. Me, I'm not so certain. For me it's a situational issue. That's just one example.

*Plural, as I know a huge number of people like this.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2008, 06:02:59 PM »
1. The thing is, politics are based on reason rather than religion. It's simply not fair if I decided to rob a bank. It doesn't belong to me. I didn't work for the money there. Someone else did. 2. If the Bible said it was okay for me to rob a bank, should it be that everyone in this boiling pot of a country just let me do it? 3. And why is it okay for Christianity to govern the United States? Why can't it be Buddhism? Why does it have to be what you want even if it's not fair?

It's bothering me, seeing people* unable to think for themselves. 4. People who let their parents think for them, who let their parents' political parties think for them, who let the Bible think for them. My family is pretty much entirely pro-choice, no questions asked. Me, I'm not so certain. For me it's a situational issue. That's just one example.

*Plural, as I know a huge number of people like this.

1. And remind me what peoples' reason is based on, if not their religous beliefs?  And before you say "I'm not religous, I'm and atheist," yes!  Atheism is a religion and a faith like all the others.  Instead of worshipping a god, you worship your own intelligence.

2. If the Bible said it was okay, there would likely be no earthly law against it today.

3. Because Buddhism, Hinduism, and the like have been proven to run a country's economy into the ground.  Look at India, for example.

4. I will say this again: I agree with and obey them.  Why does that mean I let them think for me?  Because I'm not a non-conformist?  But, now that I think about it, God being the omniscient being he is, he is always going to know what's best; I'd love to have him think for me.

Print