Poll

When is it okay for people to start getting busy?

Middle school/Onset of puberty
High school - Freshman
High school - Sophmore/Junior
High school - Senior
College
Post-college pre-marriage
Post-marriage only
Never
Print

Author Topic: Start Having Sex  (Read 16477 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
Religion tells-- nay, commands-- me to wait.

Regardless, I think you should wait anyway. A high schooler or college student may be old enough to understand it and do it correctly, but he is BY NO MEANS old enough to raise a kid, because GLHF when your condom breaks. Having intercourse before marriage is just stupid.

***There is a difference between "sex" and intercourse. I answered the poll in regards to intercourse***

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
I'm kinda worried for her since she treats it the same way you'd treat a round of Halo or something.
What's her gamertag?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 07:08:23 AM »
Boy, I'd love to see Capture the Flag over at that guy's place.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 07:40:07 AM »
I was going to type out a long speech about how you should wait until after marriage for numerous reasons but then I realized; do I really have to worry about people on a Mario fansite forum having sex?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »
This varies depending on the person, and I can totally see myself, for at least one person I know, picking each of the high school or later options.

Also:

Though I have yet Insert Tab A Into Slot B

It's seriously a LOT harder than you'd think. Like, the instruction manual is written only in Korean or something.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 12:51:48 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 09:03:19 PM »
Religion aside, I feel that post marriage is the best way to be sure that a marriage will work in the first place. And if you don't want to get married, then you probably don't have enough emotional maturity to bear/raise children-- you see where this logic is going?

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 09:34:44 PM »
Why are you people so obsessed with kids? It's not that hard to avoid them.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »
Religion aside, I feel that post marriage is the best way to be sure that a marriage will work in the first place.
But that's the opposite of what Dan Savage taught me!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2008, 02:32:52 AM »
Why are you people so obsessed with kids? It's not that hard to avoid them.

If we were always perfectly in control of this result, then I'd be happy. Not because people would be completely free to mock the closeness intercourse can create, but because there'd be less unexpected-- perhaps unwanted children.

/!\ RELIGIOUS STUFF ZONE /!\

From what I recall, the Christian/Judaic argument is that intercourse is somehow holy and involves the joining of a man and woman to create a temple for God, just as was intended from the get-go. I kind of understand it-- and kind of don't at the same time. It's rather nice from a romantic standpoint, I think.

I also recall that marriage as a formal institution is not originally required by Judaic values, but monogamy is: as intercourse results in this aforementioned joining, they are recognized as joined by God and hence married: "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." This troubling (in any age) concept appears all over the Bible, in old and new testaments. Somewhat amusingly, Jesus's disciples complained, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry." Thus, I think the creation of marriage was more of a necessary thing to provide some sort of peer pressure for couples to be faithful to each other.

I still support post-marriage, though, as people aren't "forever faithful" at the drop of a hat. Or belt.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:37:25 AM by Suffix »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2008, 08:07:40 PM »
I'm sure many of you could predict what I'm going to say next.

Post-Marriage.
Not only post-marriage, but completely inside of that marriage.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »
Not only post-marriage, but completely inside of that marriage.
What're you some kind of prude?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2008, 09:17:58 PM »
If that's your definition of "prude," I'm proud to be one.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »
Eh, I voted sophomore-junior year. If you don't want a kid, but want to have sex.... then learn how to protect yourself.... and last, I guess.... Guys, if you get a girl pregnant, you make [edit] sure you don't leave the girl because that wouldn't be right in any way. If you have a kid, I will forever hate you eternally if you decide upon an abortion. Don't put the blame on the kid just because of your idiot moves.... if you can't afford the kid, have them adopted; there ought to be a married couple somewhere in the country that wants a kid but can't have a kid themselves.

I was raised in a good family and brought up very well & knew my manners, but I still lost my virginity at 15, the second week of sophomore year. My parents would've kinda tripped on it when I was not legally allowed to be having sex (gotta be 17 in Texas) if they were to figure out I had and for the fact I was a bit young, but nowadays, it's not a problem. They raised me to learn things on my own, and they let me figure the sex deal out. I never had the talk; when I got older we just had the silent understanding that I knew what it was and that they knew it and as long as I was safe and knew the consequences it'd be cool... (exactly how they handled the fact that I dip tobacco, too). Since my first time I've had 3 girlfriends, first one lasted two weeks, nothing happened nor did I want it to, second was six months and she moved away... rarely did anything sexual with her.... and my current girlfriend of two and a half years, Meagan, I've had ugh, I'll say intercourse, lots of times. I really do love her in every way, and she loves me right back and we've had unbreakable love and trust between us for these past 800+ days, so I feel totally okay with having intercourse with her because in all honesty, I think she's my one and she thinks I'm perfect, too. How many girls out there are beautiful & hot, AND like Mario... and AREN'T nerdy/gothy/emo-ish? ahahaha I nabbed one of the best!!!

BTW, Meagan is not pregnant nor do we have a kid.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:10:40 AM by Sapphira »
Formerly quite reasonable.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 10:29:50 PM »
I'm not voting, because the correct answer is whenever the time is right. There are even some married adults not responsible enough to have sex.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 10:39:05 PM »
...And yet they do. That's where a lot of the world's problems come from.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print