Hillary Clinton
1 (2.9%)
Deezer
9 (26.5%)
Write-in
5 (14.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: Election 2012  (Read 12658 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:49:41 PM »
A little early? Maybe. Pick the Republican ticket for 2012.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »

Write-in candidate: Alternate Reality Obama.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »
Deezer-Condozella Rice '12

... Now that I think about it, I should of chosen Dry Reagan. Actually, he should be in Super Smash Bros. 4.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:33:48 PM »
Deezer and Write-in... I don't know, no one there really appeals to me.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »
A robot.

In other words...

An artificial conservative!

Anyway, I and many other Fungi Forum users will be voting next time. I believe in Obama and if he does a good job, I'll vote for him to continue (if he runs again). If by some chance I'm wrong and he doesn't, I'll be voting for someone else. I'm not dependent. But my money's on voting to have Obama reelected.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »
Why is Sarah Palin even on that poll?

After single handedly destroying John McCain's chances of being elected, there's no way the Republican Party will ever consider bringing her into the national stage again.

Not to mention her dim-bulb moments eclipsed even George W. Bush's worst slip-ups.

edit: who is gearge?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 06:30:53 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »
Good ol' Gearge.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 06:47:53 PM »
Why is Sarah Palin even on that poll?

After single handedly destroying John McCain's chances of being elected, there's no way the Republican Party will ever consider bringing her into the national stage again.
Read this. McCain lost because his base didn't see him as conservative enough. Palin was an attempt to appeal to them, and she worked as well as could be expected. (That the media hated her is a natural consequence.) Without Palin, Obama would have had an actual landslide, because more Republicans would have stayed home. After four years of a Democrat-controlled Congress and the most liberal president in U.S. history, hardcore conservatism will likely be in vogue again for the Republican party, and for many people, Palin is the new face of that wing of the party, alongside figures like Steele and Jindal.

I could also have answered by saying "Well, why are Deezer and Dry Reagan on the poll? Lighten up a little!"
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »
Where's Cthulhu?
every

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
Without Palin, Obama would have had an actual landslide, because more Republicans would have stayed home.
Obama did have an actual landslide.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:49:58 PM »
52% of the popular vote is a landslide?

Look at the county electoral maps in that link I posted. He did almost exactly the same as Kerry. The only real difference was that McCain didn't do as well as Bush.

A landslide is something along the lines of Reagan or FDR's electoral maps, where the average person looks at it and immediately says "Wow, that's a lot of red!" or "Wow, that's a lot of blue!" Obama's electoral map is Kerry's losing map plus a handful of swing states. The average person looks at it and says "Yeah, that's generally how it looks, only with a bit more blue places than normal." From a campaign that was claiming it would get 400 EVs, it's actually pretty disappointing, especially considering how much money he spent to get there. The fact that he got the triforce of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida (all by very narrow margins, incidentally) does not make it a landslide. If he hadn't gotten at least two of them, he would have lost.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:51:30 PM »
This appears to be a common trend right now, the reply to which I've generally seen along the lines of "it was a landslide. Get over it."
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »
the triforce of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida

I lol'd.

Sqrt2

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 07:31:52 PM »
Gotta go with Palin-Deezer, I'm afraid...
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 07:39:53 PM »
The only sensible choice really.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
I'd like to be Sarah Palin's running mate, if you know what I mean.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 09:24:36 PM »
Wait, I thought I heard Glorb or MJ somewhere in this thread.

Whatever happened to MJ, anyway?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »
He OD'd.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:44 PM »
I'd like to be Sarah Palin's running mate, if you know what I mean.

Dude, she can violate my right to privacy anyyy day.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »
I'd like her to fire my state trooper!
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 05:13:26 PM »
Since there is no option for Obama I assume this is either a joke thread or prejudice.  Which is it?

Oh, never mind.  I see we can only pick the republican ticket so the later is true.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
Who will run against Obama in 2012?
The question assumes that Obama and Biden will survive their term and run for reelection.

Oh, never mind.  I see we can only pick the republican ticket so the later is true.
Did you want to put Obama on the Republican ticket? Or do you object to the idea of party primaries? Or... uh... something else? I'm not sure.

If the poll included all the possible/likely Republican candidates and all the possible/likely Democrat candidates, the Republican vote would be much more split. That would be an unfair representation.

"Lighten up a little!"
Also this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:28:42 PM by CrossEyed7 »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 05:48:19 PM »
Sorry for my improper use of sarcasm.  I'll try to be more obvious next time.

<sarcasm>
* Luigison goes to eat babies.
</sarcasm>

BTW, when did Hillary Clinton switch parties?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
She had her heart set on running in 2012 if McCain won... maybe she'll go through with it anyway. Maybe she had already been raising money for a 2012 run in the background and won't want it to go to waste. Maybe she'll Bull Moose it. It'd be fun to see her around again.

(and sorry about my faulty sarcasm detector)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 11:32:16 PM »
Palin - Jindal 2012, man.
= = = = = = =

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 06:16:33 AM »

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 07:03:37 AM »
I think it could be Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee. The Republican party usually seems to take turns and since these guys were close at times on winning the GOP ticket, I think they have a good chance. I really don't think Palin is going to run in 2012. She's mainly popular with just the Republican party, not so much the people of the United States. At least Romney and Huckabee are popular with the Religious Right. Maybe I'm wrong though.

But either way, 2012 is going to be earth's final year, so I don't care. :P
Professional Paisano here

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 08:18:35 AM »
If Palin does win in 2012, the Mayans were right.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 08:27:25 AM »
Deezer because I'm a smart alack.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
If Palin does win in 2012, the Mayans were right.

Not really. You don't instantly become president upon winning the election. If the Mayans were right, the world would be over before Palin takes office. But you knew that right?
= = = = = = =

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 08:07:18 PM »
The Mayans just won't allow it!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print