Print

Author Topic: BEST AND WORST IN SERIES? Week 31: Villian(s)  (Read 18711 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
The Chef, you're putting WAAAAY too much faith in Mario. It's widely accepted that DK3 tanked because it was bad, not being able to live up to its predecessors. Not because Mario was replaced by Stanley the Bugman, who was made just to save Mario's rep if DK3 tanked. Which it did.
No! I don't want that!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »
Gentlemen, I wasn't being serious with that last one. Gimme a break.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
So you're saying you fueled our side of the discussion on purpose?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
Wart doesn't have a trophy in either game.
Wait... I could've sworn there was one in Melee, at least.

Technically, Mario was in Luigi's Mansion...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
Nope, no Wart Trophy.

I thought DK3 was a fun game, if not, a little perverted...:P

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »
Mario was in Mario is Missing, too. Come on.
That was a joke.

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 06:29:45 PM »
I don't think many people would want to play to the end, though.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 08:04:32 PM »
He's in the intro.
That was a joke.

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
Wario's Woods was cool (and Toad's the star). Mario is Missing sucked because it wasn't fun, not because it didn't have Mario (just try saying the game would be enjoyable if you were Mario rescuing Luigi). I thought DKC3 did poorly because Super Mario 64 just came out or was coming out soon, and yeah, that definitely would have distracted from the game. I didn't like DKC3 as much as the previous games, just wasn't as memorable, but I think the game was still good. If nothing else, it still had amazing music. I played through Mario is Missing... it was the first game I ever beat... I know, that's sad.
You didn't say wot wot.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:40 AM »
I agree that Wario's Wood rocked and that Mario is Missing sucked, but regardless of how true what you were saying in the rest of your post is (I never really played DKC2 or 3, since I only owned the first), I think you have Donkey Kong Country 3 confused with Donkey Kong 3 (which pretty much did suck).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 08:01:48 AM »
Now, when discussing Wario's Woods, is it assumed one is referring to the SNES or NES version? (one of the rare instances where Nintendo put a game on two different generations of consoles at roughly the same time, if I'm correct. Then there was that Wario Blast game with Bomberman on the GB, but that was something else entirely...) Because I've played only the NES version and... it's pretty fun, I guess. It's been a while though, so I'm not one to judge.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »
Wario's Woods definitely is awesome, but part of me wondered if it went overlooked because there's no sign of Mario in it.

I can't be the only man in the world who doesn't think DK3 sucks entirely, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »
Generally, I actually pay more attention to a game if Wario's in it, owing to the usual quirkiness of his games and how few of them there are.

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »
Wario's Woods definitely is awesome, but part of me wondered if it went overlooked because there's no sign of Mario in it.

I can't be the only man in the world who doesn't think DK3 sucks entirely, though.

Wario's Woods should be remade for the DS, with Wario Ware characters replacing those from Wario's Woods. Also, all remakes should follow the same guidelines as the recent Kirby Superstar Ultra. That was an awesome remake.

DK3.. Are we talking Donkey Kong 3 (with Stanley) or Donkey Kong Country 3 (with.. baby Kong. What's his name)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
Kiddy.
That was a joke.

Print