Print

Author Topic: New Zelda for Wii  (Read 7540 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »
As you may have heard, a new Legend of Zelda game for the Wii was confirmed during some sort of conference with Miyamoto around E3. All that was confirmably stated was that he hoped to unveil it next year, in addition to the following piece of concept art, which was briefly kept private but has now been intentionally released to the public:

The number one thing everybody's noticing is, of course, that not only is Link right-handed (few surprises there), but he has no sword (and possibly a rounder shield, but I can't see how that matters). Also, the Wind Waker Fairy Queen-esque being behind him has been compared to the missing weapon in question...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:29:32 AM »
Maybe it's just the angle, but the shield looks like it's smooth, like there's no emblems on the front. That might be significant.

Some people are speculating that he actually is left-handed here, and he's using the shield as a weapon.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
Now, this is all just speculation, but I'm guessing that the weapon Link starts out with may be some sort of basic sword. Later on in the game, Link finds a better version of that sword. And judging by the angle of that shield, I'm guessing that bombs, and possibly even a bow and arrow, may be available, too. It's a stretch, but who knows, maybe I might be right.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »
If he doesn't have a sword in the first promotional image, what the hell makes you think this game is going to be like every other Zelda game, Mr. Wisearse?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 10:03:29 AM »
The fact that it's a Zelda game.

Hey, for all I know it'll be a 1v1 fighter, who knows.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
Right. Because every Zelda game is known to have a three-day time limit like Majora or be split into multiple versions like Oracle. Sure. K. Uh-huh.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
You guys are unbelievable.

It's a poster. Don't start speculating anything until they reveal a bit of gameplay.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 11:18:38 AM »
Glorb's stereotypes are accurate. Why is the Chef pulling in comparisons of single games? Glorb cites stuff that Link does get in every Zelda game.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
As I understand it, Miyamoto actually made a point of noting that Link had no sword.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »
Then maybe he's gonna go Captain America this time around.
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 05:10:23 PM »
I'm thinking that it's a cart racing game.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 05:25:52 PM »
I'm thinking that it's a cart racing game.

Crosseyed7 needs to transform the above statement into a piece of box art, pronto. He's already proven himself capable of such a feat.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »
I'd say that the Fairy/Master Sword resemblance is more pronounced when compared the other way around, but that's just one more opinion.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
Did you just post those pictures to expedite people viewing them or did you not actually follow the links in the first post?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »
HOLY [dukar] GUYS

THAT GIRL MIGHT BE A SWORD

ALSO LINK ISNT HOLDING ONE SO YEAH SHE MIGHT BE A SWORD
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »
Sarcasm, I'd hope.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 08:18:08 PM »
You linked a garbagey thumbnail instead of the actual thing.

I really don't think there's any reason to doubt that chick has a strong connection with the absent sword. People are way too cautious about pre-release assumptions, you know... We've got people saying it's too early to assume that Johto's gym leaders will be in HeartGold and SoulSilver on the left, and people thinking Link will go a game without a sword on the right...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 08:32:28 PM »
Did you just post those pictures to expedite people viewing them or did you not actually follow the links in the first post?

The first option. I'm not stupid; just strange and impulsive.

Of course Link will need a free appendage in this game. How else would he steer his kart? Or, perhaps this fairy will be the swordish equivalent of what Ezlo was in the Minish Cap, manifesting itself in an object and all...

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 05:14:01 AM »
That's crazy talk. No one would ignore the links in an OP and just start posting ignorantly.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »
DUDE I JUST REALIZED

LINKS NOT HOLDING A SWORD

THAT GIRL MIGHT TRANSFORM INTO A SWORD MAYBE
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:11:33 AM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
PACTOROK
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 11:22:37 AM »
GUYS

CROSSEYED IS CRAZYBEAST AT MAKING FAKE GAME COVERS

HE SHOULD GET PAID FOR THIS
every

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »
This whole thread was worth it just for the Zelda Kart image.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 03:07:57 PM »
This whole forum was worth it for just for that Zelda Kart image. Wow.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 06:57:56 PM »
Indeed, though the Cataquacks could go.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »
I hate how everyone always uses Sword Girl for snaking.
every

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 07:51:43 PM »
I wonder if there will be a biggoron sword girl (or something similar.) in this game.
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »
I wonder if there will be a biggoron sword girl (or something similar.) in this game.

'Facepalm'

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 07:08:30 AM »
I'm torn on whether I want this, uh, sword girl to pull a Midna before the game ends. On one hand, hey, we get some hotness. On the other hand, we may end up with three pages worth of Deviations fetishizing pouring liquid girls into a mold and then pounding them with a hammer.

Print