Print

Author Topic: News on Mario Kart for GameCube!  (Read 2169 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 26, 2003, 06:54:47 AM »
I just went to n-archives.com and found a bunch of new information on the GameCube Mario Kart game, tentatively titled Mario Kart: Double Dash...

The following news is taken directly from n-archives.com:

Gamers have been anticipating the new Mario Kart to be revealed at E3, but Nintendo spilled the beans and leaked out a bunch of information to the press early. This new Mario Kart, dubbed Mario Kart Double Dash, is bringing a bunch of new features to the classic Mario Kart formula and makes use of the GCN's power with next-generation graphics.
Nintendo has revealed the playable characters. Note that this may not be a final list and more characters may appear in the game. Sonic is nowhere to be found on this list, and Toad is surprisingly absent.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Yoshi
Birdo
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Koopa
Paratroopa
Daisy

Double Trouble
Each character will be able to team up with another. That's right, there's two people per vehicle. One character will control the steering and acceleration, while the other will control weapons. This is a brand new schematic to the Mario Kart formula. Each character will have 8 unique weapons and 6 standard ones, meaning that the dozens of possible combinations should warrant some extra replay value.

Another small addition is that each character has their own distinct vehicle. No more different colored karts, here. Donkey Kong, for example, has a barrel with wheels to ride on, and Bowser's ride is appropriately grim. Mario has his own blue and red buggy with the signature 'M' plastered on the front. Judging from the available screenshots, there will be several new additons track-wise as well. One screenshot looks like Delfino Plaza from Super Mario Sunshine, although it has not been confirmed. LAN Play will also be introduced for the first time in the series. That means that you'll be able to hook up two GameCube's with two tv's, with two copies of the game. Hopefully the net code will allow for online play, although online play will most likely not be offered by Nintendo themselves. Of course, one-console multiplayer will be supported as well. We'll have more on Mario Kart: Double Dash for GameCube as it breaks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With all the new additions and LAN supported play, this new Mario Kart game is going to be GRRRRREAT!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 07:02:00 AM »
 Gasp! The triumphant return ... Koopa is back from the SNES version! YAY! Geez ... stick Birbo in a kart? Somehow, I don't think so ... GonGon from Super Monkey Ball, anyone?

Well, it all sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm going to www.game.uk.com to pre-order it, right now. Three cheers for Nintendo!

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 10:39:20 AM »
Sweet.

Actually, It'd make a LOT more sense if they took out Diddy and replaced him with Toad (although the Kart team-up wouldn't work then). Diddy isn't a Mario character, even though DK crosses into both universes. Toad's been in all the other Mario Kart games, so why should he be missing now?

Hmmm...*Actually* Maybe Toad could replace the Paratroopa. Koopa and Toad would make a great match-up, like they did in SMK.

Still, I'm kinda reluctant in having Diddy in a Mario game, even though I love both the DK and Mario series. The two just shouldn't cross.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 07:39:53 PM »
I was wondering where Wario & Waluigi had gone.Why dont they have a track on Kitchen Island,where Wario lives?I know theve already done that with sherbet land,but it would be cool racing through stove canyon,or parsley woods!Id probably be wario & waluigi all the time!

Im the king,
you dino-guy,
ill smash you now,
so say goodbye!
Find your inner monkey.

Print