Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 114476 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2006, 10:04:51 PM »
Heaven is what you want it to be, but without sin. That's why they call it heaven. I hope God doesn't consider Mario games sinful... Meeting the FF members after I die would be cool. Hmm... maybe, even if we can't play video games in heaven, we can "watch over kids" who do, and guide them to beat the other kids, who are guided by other members! We can have a guiding contest.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2006, 10:13:04 PM »
YSR:  I don't think I was.  I don't think orphanages are usually bad.  Just strange how in stories like that they're supposed to be bad.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2006, 10:22:39 PM »
BP: I'm sorry but I really doubt there are Mario games in Heaven. (I used to hope that too but right now I don't think so *cries*.  But it definitely will be much better than that).  Maybe we can run and jump on the clouds though! XD

Markio: Oh, I see.  Yeah, I forgot about that in those stories.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 02:40:58 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2006, 10:43:04 PM »
I used to think of heaven as a concrete thing.  Now I guess I view it like our souls pass onto the next world/dimension/whatever and we become part of this whole, good thing.  I remember in the movie AI, when David spents 2000 years staring at the Blue Fairy, and I thought, "Heaven must be like that".

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2006, 12:30:03 AM »
Maybe it's just a copy of Earth, just not... so crappy. I'll miss the Mario games, but I doubt they're in H*** either. In H***, all they've got is... E.T. for Atari, and Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing.
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2006, 01:09:34 AM »
You being the expert on what's in "Heck"...? ;)

Heaven is...paradise. Perfection. It's the pure presence of God, pure love and sense of belonging and joy. Total connection with...everyone there, with God. Complete knowledge and understanding, and no more fear or sadness. With that, I don't think anyone would feel the need for anything else....because you'll have...everything! Everything good! Nothing bad! This includes no boredom! No selfishness, either; it's all about God, and that will finally be what those there look upon, not themselves. Pure and absolute goodness flowing from everything!

"Heck," I imagine, is the absolute opposite; the total absense of all those things present in Heaven. Not to mention pain of all sorts, which, with the absence of all those aforementioned things, is pretty much automatic.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 01:13:52 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2006, 01:32:15 AM »
*Thumb-up*
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2006, 10:06:08 AM »
I don't believe in Heck.  I figure if you don't go to Heaven, you just don't go anywhere after you die and you're just dead.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #233 on: January 22, 2006, 10:24:12 AM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »
i believe in heaven and hell
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2006, 07:15:49 PM »
Heaven is.............The greatest thing anyone could ever find. It is 100% better then anything you could do on Earth. It is Jesus, God and everyone who didn't make fools of themselves on Earth. It is love, pure and simple.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 07:20:43 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #236 on: January 22, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »
 I believe that Heaven is a reward. Depending on your karma during your life time on Earth, you will be granted a better setting in Heaven.

In Hell, it's the same way.

« Reply #237 on: January 22, 2006, 08:54:09 PM »
I believe Heavon is your personel paradise with everything you've ever wanted and worked hard for.

Heh, I can't wait to see my personel Heavon.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #238 on: January 22, 2006, 08:58:02 PM »
Sapph: I was going to say something like that but then I didn't for some reason.  But I couldn't have said it better than you did!

PaperLuigi: I remember listening to a Keith Green song where he started it out by talking about Heaven.  He said something like "God made the universe in only 6 days, but in the Bible we know that he's been preparing a place for us for 2000 years.  And if it took Him only 6 days to make the world and 2000 years for our home in Heaven... then, man, we are living in a garbage can compared to what's coming up there!"

Luigison: Lol, that's a good one.  I remember reading a hysterical Far Side comic that had to do with Heaven.  On the top panel there's a picture of people walking into the gates of Heaven and as they passed through an angel stood by and said "Welcome to Heaven.  Here's your harp!" On the bottom panel there's people walking into Hell and the devil says "Weclome to Hell.  Here's your accordian!" That's a terrible joke but I can't help myself.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 09:02:49 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »
Hmmm......2000 years, eh? I can't wait to see it!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print