Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 114756 times)

« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2006, 02:35:49 PM »
i dont believe we came from monkeys, either.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »
Let me amend: Biblical literalists need not apply.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2006, 03:09:39 PM »
Personally, I believe the bible is far too old and susceptible to editing to believe that every single bit of data that isn't moral-related is 100% accurate. I'm sure the occupation of spin doctoring began long ago with the corruption of ancient churches.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2006, 03:21:02 PM »
I think that God maybe created the images of life sciences (like we came from monkeys), so he could see who really believes in him, not relying on facts, but on the love all around you. Call me corny, but that's what I believe. And like Suffix said, not all of the facts of God's creation could be factored in the bible, since they were more primitive back then.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 08:12:03 PM by ledzeppelinrocks »
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »
Edit: WHOOPS, LD and Suffix already said everything I just did, didn't see those posts.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 03:45:07 PM by TEM »

« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2006, 03:41:19 PM »
i dont believe in evolution because i dont believe humans decended from apes and the such. it's my point of view, it's not religous
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2006, 04:06:18 PM »
Then what do you think? There was a poof and we, complex biological beings, came out of nowhere? C'mon. The Bible only states that God created man. How he did is open up to interpretation. One day is like 1000 years to God, and 1000 years is as a day. This means times dosen't matter to him. If you actually learn Darwin's theory you will find overwhelming proof that we did indeed evolve.

One of the best examples is an experiment conducted on domestic dogs. It actually proved that they evolved from wolfs, but were selected by people for their best traits. Over many, many years, they began to change physical appearance. This is supported by comparing Mitochondrial DNA in the dog to mitochondrial DNA to a wolf.

This is my opnion. I don't think it is too hard to figure out, especially since there is overwhelming evidance to prove evoution. And the beautiful thing is... absolutely none of this contradicts the truths found in Genesis!

Then again, I am going WAY off topic, according to the first post in this thread. I do appologize.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »
There wasn't any proof. It was only a theory. For all we know, the fossils and artifacts could have even been from an extinct species. I belive in evolution, but not that we came from apes. Homo Sapiens and apes could have just as easily came from a common ancestor. We could very well be related, but they're not our ancestors.

~Sorry to edit your post, but there's no need to quote the post directly above yours, especially since it was long. ~Sapph

EDIT: Sorry Sapphira, it's a bad habit. XD I'll be more aware.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 04:29:39 PM by Khold »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2006, 04:22:20 PM »
I suggest to anyone... please read this... Click here for an evolution lesson.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »
intresting

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2006, 09:20:55 PM »
~I'm censoring you. It's one thing to have opinions; it's another to blatantly insult and attack something. And that's all you did; you didn't even say WHY you think that. But seeing your attitude and total lack of tact, no offense, but it's not surprising that you'd act this way or hate any sort of faith. No matter what someone's religion (or lack) of it is, ALL CULTURES promote respect, and clearly that is something you do not have. Learn that. ~Sapph
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:38:50 PM by Sapphira »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
Please do not inslut my reliegion. Please do not insult anyone's reliegion. It just isn't polite. If that is the way you feel, keep it to yourself. You don't see any of the other non-believers here making fun of our religion.

In the mean time, you can be assured of my prayers.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2006, 09:27:21 PM »
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Ever since you came here, all I've heard was insults, criticism, and immature remarks. What you just said was VERY wrong. I'm sure a lot of people are highly offended by that. You either need to learn some respect for people's religion and comments, or leave.

I'm sorry, but this is really upsetting me.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2006, 09:27:48 PM »
Please do not inslut my reliegion. Please do not insult anyone's reliegion. It just isn't polite. If that is the way you feel, keep it to yourself. You don't see any of the other non-believers here making fun of our religion.

In the mean time, you can be assured of my prayers.

That is a load of crap because everyone else here seems to be able to say evolution is not true.

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2006, 09:28:38 PM »
Admins?

Print