Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 114743 times)

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2006, 09:29:36 PM »
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Ever since you came here, all I've heard was insults, criticism, and immature remarks. What you just said was VERY wrong. I'm sure a lot of people are highly offended by that. You either need to learn some respect for people's religion and comments, or leave.

I'm sorry, but this is really upsetting me.

You know what, fine, believe in your stupid fairy tale creature you call god. I don't even care any more, it's not like I can have an opinion that is different from everyone elses on this board.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:31:40 PM by Game Over »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2006, 09:30:41 PM »
i dont believe in evolution because i dont believe humans decended from apes and the such. it's my point of view, it's not religous

My disbelief of evolution is logical, actually. If we acam from monkeys, why are the monkeys alive today not humans? And why is there nothing in between monkey and human? It's a stupid idea.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2006, 09:32:41 PM »
Game Over, that's enough. Instead of expressing views, you succeed only in aggravating others. You can have the wildest opinions imaginable, but if you can't stop making people mad by insulting their views, then you have no right to even post.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:35:03 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2006, 09:33:59 PM »
you being aggresive
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2006, 09:34:48 PM »
Oh, why argue about beliefs?  The main part of religion is faith, so obviously you have to have faith that something is right to you, personally.  If not, that's your preference.

Also, I remember hearing that it was impossible for God to have created the world in one week, but that it is the same mircale of creation whether it took many centuries or not.

I'm not sure where I stand on evolution.  It's a neat concept, though.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2006, 09:36:03 PM »
Game Over, that's enough. Instead of expressing views, you succeed only in aggravating others.

Man, get off my back. Don't even try to tell me that crap. All you guys ever do is tell me I'm offensive for having my own opinion and then say that a statement that wouldn't offend a first grader is offensive. Where do you get off huh?

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2006, 09:36:25 PM »
stay cool, Game Over
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2006, 09:39:02 PM »
Man, get off my back. Don't even try to tell me that crap. All you guys ever do is tell me I'm offensive for having my own opinion and then say that a statement that wouldn't offend a first grader is offensive. Where do you get off huh?
Perhaps you should re-read the rules... Or actually read them this time.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2006, 09:41:17 PM »
Game Over, this is your last warning. One more firing of insults about ANYTHING, and you're banned. You can believe whatever you want and have your opinions about anything, but you'd better change your attitude FAST, or you're gone. This includes a retort to this reply.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2006, 09:47:53 PM »

You can have your own opinions and state them, but you don't have to say that Christianity is a crappy fairy tale. Insane Steve stated the same things in you, but in a tolerable tone. It wouldn't offend an atheist first grader. But think about it; even a Christian first grader wouldn't be as offended because they are young and likely don't catch up on everything and actually care until they're about 11 or 12. And you aren't in a good position to ask where people get off.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »
thank you. well stated, Bird Person!

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2006, 09:53:47 PM »
no, i said i didn't believe in evolution. i believe that God created humans and all humans decend from Adam and Eve and their offspring

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2006, 09:56:13 PM »
That's what I believe, too. I like how you are very intelligent in your religious beliefs.

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2006, 09:58:21 PM »

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2006, 10:32:55 PM »
See... this is the one thing I hate about religious/political arguments, anywhere. They always seem to turn into flamefests.

Well, that, and it's extraordinarily difficult (in many cases impossible) to change someone's viewpoint on religion or politics.

The major reason I am an atheist is because I have a hyper-anaylitical mind. As such, every one of my beliefs MUST have some sorts of scientifically proven foundation behind them. A skeptical thought process, if you will. Many of the stories in the Bible require some degree of faith in order to be believable. Most people have faith, therefore they believe in the existance of a higher power. I, on the other hand, do not have faith in anything, really. As such, religion seems... contrived to me? Hard to say.

As for the value of religion in life, I believe that if a belief in and following of God improves your life, then by all means pursue religion. After taking a detailed stock of my life thus far, I determined that I personally receive no benefits from following religion, and I could be spending my time improving myself in other ways, so I just dropped it. Having parents who fully support your choice of religion (or lack thereof) helps quite a bit, also.

I only really get angry when people try to shove their religious beliefs down my throat, or discredit me as a person for not believing in God. Which, I don't think anyone's done on this thread. Anyone who can still post here, that is.
~I.S.~

Print