Yes
42 (71.2%)
No
9 (15.3%)
Unsure
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Print

Author Topic: A Survey This Is  (Read 114755 times)

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2006, 10:34:45 PM »
someway, religious conversations, unless the person youre talking to is, wahts the word, tolerant, it'll turn into a war of who's right or wrong
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2006, 10:38:40 PM »
Now, Insane Steve was stating his opinion the correct way. That's what people admire. Very well done, I.S.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2006, 10:39:27 PM »
And there lies the problem in religious discussion.

An unfortunately high proportion of the world is NOT tolerant enough to discuss religion intelligently. This results in, at best, unintelligent flamefest arguments (as we witnessed earlier), and, at worst, wars and genocide.
~I.S.~

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »
well said!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2006, 10:41:44 PM »
Excacly. Insane Steve has the right idea. We could all learn from him. ;)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2006, 10:42:45 PM »
I believe in Insane Steve.  Wait.  What was the question again?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2006, 10:43:25 PM »
:) smilies express you: now back on topic. eh, the question was: Do You Believe In God, truly?

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2006, 10:47:12 PM »
I sort of feel guilty saying this... but He sort of gives me something to look forward to after death.

EDIT: I get very shy about certain subjects, two of them being my name (my real one, not bobman37) and religion. I won't be posting here often.
EDIT: He being God.

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2006, 10:47:55 PM »
What does?

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2006, 10:48:02 PM »
who? God?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2006, 01:30:21 AM »
I sort of feel guilty saying this... but He sort of gives me something to look forward to after death.
Why feel guilty? That's the only thing a Christian should look forward to after death. I wonder if there are video games in heaven...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2006, 01:52:10 AM »
ya. i dont nessacerialy look foward to dying but i know that when i die, it'll be a good thing. in Islam, you go straight to heaven if you die while doing something for the sake of God, such as fighting in a righteous war of going to hajj. the hajj is our pilgramidge and many people die there

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2006, 05:17:46 AM »
My disbelief of evolution is logical, actually. If we acam from monkeys, why are the monkeys alive today not humans? And why is there nothing in between monkey and human? It's a stupid idea.

Evolution doesn't automatically kill species once a new species comes from it. Sometimes that happens because the new species uses similar survival tactics and space and are a bit better at it, and sometimes the new one is worse and just dies out (possibly spawning some new variations before extinction). Evolution happens by chance genetic mutation, so if the mutated ape just had mutant babies, which then had mutant babies and so forth to spawn a new species, the "original" apes (which of course are just one more step in a great tree going all the way up from basically strands of molecules) are still existing and doing their thing. Maybe they die, maybe they don't. We have gorillas, we have chimps, we have humans. The stuff we don't have, you probably haven't heard of... because they're extinct, ya know?

Evolution doesn't have a purpose; there is no goal. It just happens. There are and were things between monkeys and humans. Heck, I don't even know what you mean by "monkey". The hominoid superfamily has many branches. Some primates split away from our path earlier than others.

It is not a stupid idea. Go, like, learn something before spouting off meaningless and unfounded arguments under the guise of "logic".

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2006, 11:16:07 AM »
Woo! *Claps for LD.*
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2006, 01:14:43 PM »
you got a point there, Lizard Dude

Print