Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2500080 times)

« Reply #8640 on: October 23, 2008, 03:26:04 PM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8641 on: October 23, 2008, 04:28:18 PM »
Yeah, I tried that once... weird.

And now, a trio of quirkiness!

What looks like a PS3 and plays bootleg NES games? This! And I can't give you a link, of course!

You loved him before... now he, the best of both worlds, is back!

Oh, and this:
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #8642 on: October 23, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 02:55:15 PM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #8643 on: October 23, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
Time to get some more randomness into this forum.

<a href="http://www.homestarrunner.com/dween_cakes.html> Eh! Steve! [/url]

(Sorry, LD.)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 06:18:45 PM by luigalaxy »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8644 on: October 23, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
My brother made his own Eh! Steve! T-shirt.

« Reply #8645 on: October 24, 2008, 01:18:55 AM »
Crank your speakers to extreme levels and watch this.

« Reply #8646 on: October 24, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »
Glorb, you're gonna be waiting for a long time. I miss megamush and his awesome non-capitalization skills.

Yeah! Whatever happened to megamush?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8647 on: October 24, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »
My name has been changed by Deezer, thanks to him. My name was luigalaxy and now is Luigalaxy. Such drama!

Crank your speakers to extreme levels and watch this.

Link is broken. Though, the video name looks cool, so please fix it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:48:56 PM by Luigalaxy »

« Reply #8648 on: October 24, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
Names can be changed?
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8649 on: October 24, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »
Congrats on the name change! I've always subconciously equated an uncapitalized name with unprofessionalism (don't take that the wrong way, though. It's not you--it's me).

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8650 on: October 24, 2008, 08:06:34 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8651 on: October 24, 2008, 08:28:12 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?p=60696#comments

Epic fail, even by NP standards.

« Reply #8652 on: October 24, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »
A comb is a device made of solid material, generally flat, always toothed, and is used in hair care for straightening and cleaning hair or other fibers. Combs are among the oldest tools found by archeologists, having been found in very refined forms already in settlements dating back to 5000 years ago in Persia.

Combs can be used for many purposes, including:

Keeping long hair in place.
Decorating the hair.
Matting sections of hair for dreadlocking
Keeping a kippa in place.
Separating cotton fibers from seeds and other debris. The cotton gin, a mechanized version of the comb, is one of the machines that ushered the Industrial Revolution.
Making music. Stringing a plant's leaf or a piece of paper over one side of the comb and humming with cropped lips on the opposite side dramatically increases the high-frequency harmonic content of the hum produced by the human voice box, and the resulting spread sound spectrum can be modulated by changing the resonanting frequency of the oral cavity. This was the inspiration for the kazoo. Moreover, the comb is also a lamellophone. Comb teeth have harmonic qualities of their own, determined by their shape, length, and material. A comb with teeth of unequal length, capable of producing different notes when picked, eventually evolved into the thumb piano and musical box.
Making comb-marbled paper
Combs are also a favorite spot for police investigators to collect hair and dandruff samples that can be used in ascertaining dead or living people's identities, as well as their state of health, toxicological profiles, and so forth. The phrase often used by police detectives: "we are combing through the evidence" relates to the actual use of an over-sized, novelty "Acme" comb at the scene of a crime.

Sharing combs is a common source of parasitic infections, as one user can leave a comb with plenty of eggs or even live parasites, facilitating the transmission of lice, fleas, crabs, mites, fungi, and other undesirables.

Combs can be made out of a number of materials, most commonly wood or plastic. Ivory and tortoiseshell were once common but concerns for the animals that produce them have reduced their usage. When made from wood, Combs are largely made of boxwood, cherry wood or other fine grained wood. Good quality wooden combs are usually handmade and polished.

A hairbrush, which is larger than a comb, is also commonly used for shaping, styling and cleaning the hair.

A little known fact is that the spaces between the teeth on a comb are called combdrums.

Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

« Reply #8653 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »
http://gonintendo.com/?p=60696#comments

Epic fail, even by NP standards.
Tons of magazines do that. It's more like epic normal.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8654 on: October 24, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
A hairbrush, ... is also commonly used for ... cleaning the hair.
I usually use shampoo for that, but whatever.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print