Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2499273 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11115 on: September 29, 2010, 07:53:22 PM »
So I finally manned up and got a Steam account... now what?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11116 on: September 29, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
Pay way too much for games that really aren't all that great and eat up a ton of memory (assuming they'll even run on your computer).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11117 on: September 29, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »
No, you be a man and play Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

And I can heartily recommend a good number of the games on this list.

« Reply #11118 on: September 29, 2010, 08:28:57 PM »
I'm still waiting for Left4Dead to come down in price; I'm not paying $30 for a mildly entertaining game. There are other games I want too, like Portal and Team fortress 2.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #11119 on: September 30, 2010, 12:38:25 AM »
Steam

Pay way too much

games that really aren't all that great

Can the Pointless Thread not go 24 hours without another ridiculous and wrongheaded Turtlekid1 post? Steam regularly sells the finest games known to mankind at prices like $5. In fact, I would say Steam has the highest awesome-to-price ratio of any videogame store in existence, digital or RL.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11120 on: September 30, 2010, 08:26:25 AM »
Well, in any case, I'm registered as GrayVOR if anyone wants to... I don't know, whatever it is you can do when you know someone on there. Send a friend invite, or recommend stuff, or whatever.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11121 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
Can the Pointless Thread not go 24 hours without another ridiculous and wrongheaded Turtlekid1 post? Steam regularly sells the finest games known to mankind at prices like $5. In fact, I would say Steam has the highest awesome-to-price ratio of any videogame store in existence, digital or RL.
I'll admit I'm mostly referring to Portal, which was disappointing.  No way I'd pay full price for that game.

« Reply #11122 on: September 30, 2010, 12:35:47 PM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11123 on: September 30, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »
I'll admit I'm mostly referring to Portal, which was disappointing.  No way I'd pay full price for that game.

YOU DIDN'T PAY ANYTHING FOR IT.

« Reply #11124 on: September 30, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
Something is seriously wrong with you people. The posts on this page are absolutely shocking in terms of what you guys deem "fun" and "expensive".

Well, I guess I shouldn't say shocking, because I already knew most of you already have bad taste in games.

« Reply #11125 on: September 30, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »
Most games taste bad, what with all the plastic covering them.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11126 on: September 30, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11127 on: September 30, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »
YOU DIDN'T PAY ANYTHING FOR IT.
...and?

« Reply #11128 on: September 30, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
Steam gave Turtlekid1 what is probably unarguably the finest single videogame ever created by mankind for the price of absolutely free and he calls Steam a store that sells overpriced games that aren't great.

I was going to comment further on this but then I realized it has about as much logic as an ordinary Turtlekid1 post.

Every day I come to realize more and more: you cannot argue with a person who is literally insane and refuses to view reality as such. You're just not playing by the same rules.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11129 on: September 30, 2010, 08:48:26 PM »
I found Portal to be lacking.  Not because it's too short, as it's often accused of being; rather, because quite frankly, the gameplay was lackluster and repetitive.  It was sort of cool and novel at the beginning, but I grew tired of shooting blue and orange rifts into the same gray walls sometime around test chamber 10.  Playing with a mouse and keyboard was one of the worst control schemes I've ever dealt with, alongside the likes of Super Metroid.  The music was nearly nonexistent (I'll admit that "Still Alive" was excellent).  The writing was good, but I'm more likely to play a game with questionable writing and good gameplay (Kingdom Hearts, Metroid: Other M) than one with good writing and questionable gameplay (Portal, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time).  It is not the finest single video game ever created by mankind, and the point certainly isn't unarguable. 

And as such, it's overpriced.  It's a good thing I got it for free, because I would have been royally ripped off had I not.

"Literally insane"?  Have I ever told you about that pet peeve I have about people misusing the word "literally"?

Print