Print

Author Topic: Appraisal  (Read 4486 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:12:48 AM »
I am not looking to sell this, but I am wondering what it may be worth.

I have three original floppy disks for Mario Teaches Typing. They work on the Macintosh and were purchased in 1994. I don't know if they would work on a newer machine or not, but the one I had back then was a "Macintosh LC" (which I have since packed up, it has its original box and everything). Amazingly this was the only Mario game I had until 1997 when I got a Nintendo 64. I also have the manual for this. I don't think I have the box (although I am the only person I know who keeps his Nintendo 64 games in the boxes).

With that in mind, are Nintendo 64 games worth more with boxes and those little cards that begged you to get "Power Nintendo" or whatever the magazine was called?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »
I appraise them at $3.
I keep all my games in their boxes when possible.
That was a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:23:23 PM »
I still have my game boxes from RCT when I bought that! I never throw away boxes, unless of course, it's a used game, in which case, the game box is useless.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
If you get a used game in a box, you throw it away?
That was a joke.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 10:59:45 PM »
If I got a used game in a box, I'd keep it. My friends with Nintendo 64s (some of whom have since gotten rid of them) used to keep their un-boxed games thrown everywhere in their entertainment centers.

Not only did it look sloppy but what if they stepped on one of those things? I've heard of guys tripping on golf balls left on fields and being sidelined for months as a result, so I'd hate to see this happen to someone leaving a game somewhere. Also, they would have nowhere to store their manual and if they step on one of those, I'd be worried about breakage.

Of course, I'm one of these "keep the original box" guys. I have the box for my computer and keep my old one in its box (I haven't used it in years). Heck, I keep my artificial Christmas tree in the original box.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 09:29:32 AM »
People who leave messes like that are fools. I myself have no need for the boxes because I keep all my games in special protective bins, with one bin for each system. I also keep the manuals in the bins as well. What really matters to me is if the cart itself is in good condition. I just so happen to an aspiring game collector (although I haven't really started a steady collection yet due to funding issues) and this is the system that I follow.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 09:32:55 AM »
If you get a used game in a box, you throw it away?

No, They never come in real boxes.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print