Print

Author Topic: Old Koopas VS. New Koopas  (Read 6576 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 01:51:42 AM »
Well, evolution might occur much quicker and more differently in The Mushroom Kingdom...

For Example: Koopas might have originally been bipedal. Maybe they couldn't find any food while walking erect (Why you see them standing up straight in SMW2), and started crawling on all fours, looking for some insects in the ground and other things to eat. Thus, each new generation of Koopas started having shorter legs and walked on all fours. By the time Mario was an Adult (SMB), the koopas were quadrapedal. Then, they couldn't find anymore things in the ground, so they started to try and stand up and walk erect again to find food on trees, etc. (SMB3)
So then each new generation of Koopas could have longer legs, better for standing up (SMW).

Of course, I could be wrong.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 08:13:40 AM »
I like the newer koopas better. But were do they get boots??
SIG VIOLATOR

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 01:42:47 PM »
Another good question.  I always figured they just made them themselves.  Either that or they evolved naturally.  One theory that a friend of mine suggested was that they might be some sort of fungus or moss that grows on thier feet and provides them protection.

The same thing could be said for the Yoshis as well.

-----------------------------
"MTV is to music, as KFC is to chicken."- Lewis Black
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 02:58:31 PM »
Or maybe that's just how the artists designed them?

.tneb ytilaeR dna dewols emiT
.tnew namggE eht no dna no tuB

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 04:05:31 PM »
Or that.  ^_^

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2004, 09:43:23 PM »
Red Paratroopa's post is the best post I've seen since oh before you were born.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 03:03:45 AM »
But how can yoshi be born with boots?
anyway,how can paratroopas loose their wings when you bounce on them? My answer to this thread is: they walk with four legs,but when they evolved,they learned to walk with two legs,but they still could change to "four-legs" style.

Push button, Receive coffee!

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »
Well, the whole idea with that is that they aren't really "boots", so much as a form of calcified "hooves".  I know it's a stretch, but it's an idea.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2004, 09:57:40 AM »
Here's my theory:

No one is born with boots.  They put them on.  Koopa Troopas are like humans, as in they can walk on two legs and crawl on all fours.  They used to crawl because the levels in SMB had areas with low ceilings in which they had to crawl underneath, like in 1-2.  As shown in SSBM, When you stomp on a koopa, his wings fall off and he falls.  It's like Mario shrinking when he hits an enemy.  A koopa loses his wings, and then his shell, or sometimes just his shell, if he isn't a paratroopa.  Yoshi isn't born with boots, but he is born with the saddle-like thing on his back, as it isn't tied onto him and would fall off if it was just a saddle.  Yoshis have the red spikes, so apparently, the "saddle" looks like a flatter, wider spike.  And no one is born with boots.

I wish I was in the forest with a dragon right now.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2004, 01:21:10 PM »
Well actually, the Yoshi's ARE born with boots on.  If you look at the newborn baby Yoshis in Super Mario World, as well as in various other games, you can see that they pop right out of the egg with the boots already on.

As for the saddle, I always figured it was actually a shell.  Or the remnants/beginnings of one, evolutionary wise.

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2004, 11:41:41 AM »
but how can in SMW2 yoshi's island there be koopas that walk with two legs?
Because...
SMW2: mario is a BABY and koopas walk with TWO legs.
SMB: Mario is ADULT and koopas walk with FOUR legs.

maybe they want to crawl...

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2004, 11:50:37 AM »
SMW2 was before Bowswer needed contacts.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2004, 04:23:16 PM »
Lol, ahhh back to the old contact lens theory.

Seriously though, my theory on the koopas is that the bipedal koopas are native to the Dinosaur Islands (mainly Yoshi's Island).  Where as the quadrapedal koopas are native to the Mushroom Kingdom.  Did I already propose this idea?  If so, please forgive me.

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2004, 06:43:36 PM »
I go with the regional theory more than all others.

In addition, the bit about why the paratroopas lose their wings? Their wings are shedable, not part of their bodies. I know we shouldn't take everything (or most anything) from the cartoon series, but I will point out a quote by a Troopa in a SMSS episode:

Troopa: "Why didn't I JOIN the paratroopas? They get parachutes."

This indicates that the wings are part of the whole paratroopa battle suit, so when Mario jumps on them, they self-disintegrate from the impact.

---
"Forget important questions; we have fantasy to debate over."
---

TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario
TAYL: Talk At Ya Later
Lazer Mario

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2004, 07:20:15 PM »
It's simple Koopa Anatomy 101.
"When a Paratroopa's shell (Fig. 1) is subjected to great force, the wings involuntarily retract inside (Fig. 2). It takes 2 days for full recovery of the wings."

"I''m a stupid fatty who swings his arms from side to side and pushes a button to receive bacon. The universe is permeated with the odor of Shawne Vinson. Does that make me a nut?"- DotheLizardkoopaChupVinsonluigi
This is a secret coded message.

Print