Print

Author Topic: If you got to make a Mario game.  (Read 2965 times)

« on: November 28, 2004, 04:04:16 PM »
All you do on this is make up a tital for a Mario game ,and try to explain it.[key words]:make it up. There will only be 10 games made up. Then I will rank them first to last. One story per person!
 Banned by Deez

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 04:35:03 PM »
Sorry! One game made up per person.
 Banned by Deez

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 05:23:36 PM »
My idea... Super Mario Metropolis! For GameCube, 1-4 players.

Mario and Luigi (2 or 1 player w/ AI) trek through Mushroom City (as seen in MK:DD), in search of a powerful artifact, stolen and hidden from Sarasaland. Obviously, Bowser and his troops will be invading the city, but more stealthily, in order to find the artifact.

Eventually, you will find that the artifact is hidden in a painting... But fragments of the painting have been painfully hidden throughout the city! You must scour the city, defeat Bowser's leaders and underlings, ask city people for information, and defeat Bowser for the final three pieces!

Features an incredibly detailed and large city, with multiple species of citizens, two players can share one screen or have two separate, fantastic buildings and most can be entered, taxi drivers, Yoshies (eventually), cinema sequences, and complete, spoken, dialogue!

In addition, a 4 player mode lets you run amok, in three different modes. The first involves grabbing power stars and battling each other while at it. The second is a Mario Kart-like race where you drive taxis to certain buildings, that act as checkpoints. The building numbers would be random. The third and final is tag, in which anything goes. You can get a ride in a taxi to catch up to your escaping friends, and then jump out and try to tag them.

This game would help you to better understand Sarasaland cuture and become "better acquainted" with its presiding ruler.

Isn't it great?!? I love it.

----------------------------------------
"Chocolate milk as a world-wide delicacy! Who agrees? Anyone?"
- Ian "Suffix"

Edited by - Suffix on 11/28/2004 4:21:56 PM
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:22:37 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 05:39:26 PM »
That's really thougtful.
 Banned by Deez

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 05:47:11 PM »
Go chocolate milk!
 Banned by Deez

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 06:12:14 PM »
Yeah!
[EDIT, 6 minutes later] So... Anybody else got ideas?

Edited by - Suffix on 11/28/2004 4:15:55 PM

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 06:18:27 PM »
Patience Grasshoppers.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 09:33:04 PM »
Luigi's Revenge

Gameplay: It's a GBA sidescroller modeled after SMB3 with a few (*cough*tons*cough*) of graphical modifications, but the same concept applies.

Plot: Bowser's cronies kidnapped Luigi, and replaced him with a possessed clone, and this clone formed a mass anti-Mario cult. Go through at least 100 levels of gameplay to defeat the evil clone (marked by his obviously different voice, and dark cape). Then you invade Bowser's castle and save Luigi...and the Princess, since the princess is the basis of just about every Mario game.

Notes: New enemies and powerups, with a few suprises.
-= Hammer(Like a sword but a hammer) =-

Sqrt2

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 07:52:49 AM »
Super Bowser Bros.

Play as Bowser/Kammy Koopa rampaging through the mushroom kingdom, stomping/blasting toads, and trying to 'rescue' the princess from the 'evil' mario bros. Power-ups include fire breath/magic upgrades and Invincibility Ztar's.

Nothing is impossible. My boss told me so.

Edited by - Sqrt2 on 11/30/2004 12:45:20 AM
AA fanboy and proud!

Print