Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477817 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »
Why would the castle need to be "powered"?

« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2006, 11:08:38 PM »
There doesn't seem to be any power plants or electricity anywhere.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #512 on: May 23, 2006, 07:16:26 PM »
Gee, never noticed that....

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #513 on: June 17, 2006, 09:08:02 AM »
Sorry about the double post and the bump, but after the posts in the Character Development thread, I found out that this thread needs a bump. Please don't be angry.

« Reply #514 on: June 17, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »
what's the Deal?? you bumped a topic? (Sarcasm) oh no!! i'm melting. (sarcasm)
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #515 on: June 17, 2006, 12:11:34 PM »
Should we start with the characters Wario and Waluigi?  Who are they anyway and why do they exist?
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #516 on: June 17, 2006, 12:32:42 PM »
Did we not already answer this like 20 pages ago....?

Wario's Mario's old school chum, something happened, Wario didn't like Mario, but I geuss he likes him now since they teamed up in SM64DS.

Until Waluigi gets in a real game I'm not gonna acknowledge his existance.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #517 on: June 17, 2006, 12:56:11 PM »
Wario and Waluigi aren't exactly evil--they're just greedy. They'll hurt or help the Mario Bros. depending on what they want. Wario wanted to crash Peach's party at the start of SM64DS but then maybe his goal changed to impressing Peach or getting more powerful from the stars. Either way, he was forced to help Mario.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #518 on: June 17, 2006, 03:30:59 PM »
Remember my idea of the 'Plumbing Academy' anime series? That would've explained how Mario and Wario(and Luigi and Waluigi) met. It would've been the stereotypical underdog vs. bully-type thing, with Mario being the one to stand up to Wario and Waluig and Luigi being there to "back him up". Other things would've been explained, such as the connection between TMK and the rest of Earth(it turns out to be those rainbow-colored doors from Mario Golf GB) and Mario and Luigi's true origin(their father was a plumber from Brooklyn and their mother was from TMK). This is all just fan-theories. No direct connections with any particular games, mainly because it happens before the games happen. I'd also like to point out that I refuse to dismiss any spin-off or minor game as 'non-canon'. I accept what is given to us by Nintendo and I try to piece it together to the best of my ability without removing any thing. Thank you.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #519 on: June 18, 2006, 03:55:00 PM »
Didn't someone have a theory on this thread that Wario and Waluigi most likely orginated from either an alternate universe or a test tube?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #520 on: June 18, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
I once heard this theory saying that a Magikoopa created Wario and Waluigi. Also, Ditto Mc Cloaker of the Gamehiker forums divised this kick-awesome backstory for the Mario Bros. It said that Mario and Luigi were handed over to a magic circus that travels between Earth and TMK  after the events of YI for their own protection. They were raised by the ringmaster who happened to be the father of Wario and Waluigi. The Mario Bros. always performed better than the Wario Bros., explaining their hatred. Part of this idea came from the fact that Italy was once known for it's circuses and Mario is quite the acrobat in DK '94(he even had his own show in the demo mode) Ditto also came up with the whole 'rainbow paths from Mario Golf GB' idea, which I thought makes perfect snense.

« Reply #521 on: June 19, 2006, 12:18:22 PM »
Here's how I see it:
There is a planet on another plane of exsistance, this is the Mushroom Planet. it Exsists entirely seperate from the fictional earth where Mario and his Brother Luigi resided in Brooklyn. on the Mushroom Planet esists the weird worlds of The Mushroom Kingdom (as seen in SMB, SMB3, and NSMB only) Yoshi's Island and it's surroundings (as seen in SMW only)and Sarasaland(SML1 and I consider what takes place in SML2 to esist in Sarasaland as well). Subcon(as seen in SMB2) exsists in another dimention, all of the afforementioned places have magical hidden warp zones that connect them, Mario, after saving pauline from a large ape in a constucion disaster, went back home to his brother, whom had discovered a warp in their basement, strange creatures emerged and after a grueling battle the brothers were sucked in and thuis begins their journeys in SMB1. all the other stuff is, as I see it, not story-cannocal, all the other games are just an attempt to make a creative game using familiar characters, there is no Isle delfino, no go-kart tracks, none of it. The only exception, and I hate to admit it, is Bowser Jr. he is as I see it Bowser's 8th child, not his only son.
that is how I veiw the Mariology
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:21:46 PM by BlueGriffin18 »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #522 on: June 19, 2006, 01:03:33 PM »
There isn't a Toad Town, or Rogueport either?
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #523 on: June 19, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »
That's kinda dumb saying that all the later games are not part of the canon just because they were being creative. BlueGriffin18, you are no Mariologist. That's for sure.

« Reply #524 on: June 19, 2006, 04:29:14 PM »
Oooooooooooooooooo....

Easy now gentlemen.

Blue Griffin 18, do you just not like the 3D games or...?

Print