Print

Author Topic: Do you got a girlfriend?  (Read 20912 times)

« on: May 15, 2005, 07:32:44 PM »
If this topic doesn’t get some attention then I don’t know what else to make that will. But I didn't make this just to get attention, I thought it would be fun to talk about.  So how many of you guys here have girlfriends (if you aren't married yet)?  What do you most like or dislike about them?  If you don’t have a girlfriend, then what are the characteristics that you search for most in a girl?  And for you girls the same thing goes for you with your boyfriends and stuff, so you can also join in.  I bet this topic has previously existed but there’s nothing wrong with bringing back the classics every once in awhile! (like Nintendo does XD)

As for me, I would so love to lie about this-- like my man Napoleon D.-- and say that I have a really attractive girlfriend in my school who loves Mario games as much as I do, but that’s not true so I won’t say it.  But as for things I look for in a girl… physical attraction doesn’t matter that much to me.  I just want someone who has the same morals and beliefs as me and is honest, fun-loving, and will put up with my occasional weirdness.  And since I’m kind of shy I’d definitely like to go out with someone at least fairly outgoing so they make me feel comfortable (but I could adjust to a shy gal too eventually).  How about you?

Quick Fact: I was going to start this thread out by insulting the reader of being a Mario-obsessed nerd without a chance of fidning a date (just as a joke) but fortunately I didn't.  Because who knows how close I'm aiming at myself after all!

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/16/2005 1:39:29 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 07:41:11 PM »
No.  My wife wouldn't allow it.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:49:29 PM »
I don't have a girlfriend, but the qualities I look for are girls that are nice to people, aren't taken, think I'm not deranged, and probably have some mental or physical problem that let's them be more understanding and accepting of how I am.  As you can imagine, I haven't found any girl to fit that.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 08:02:20 PM »
I don't have one, and I pretty much don't care.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 08:19:43 PM »
No girl friend, but what I look for is someone who doesn't judge others by looks.  Someone independant, who doesn't fall under peer pressure.  Although some would disagree, someone smarter than me (for some strange reason that just appeals to me).  I don't really care for the average blonde hair blue eyes look that much (but looks don't really matter to me), I like darker hair and green eyes.  But I will not judge on the appearance of girls.  You gotta get to know them.  Another thing: Preppies = NO.  It seems like everyone knows preppies, even if they don't even know your first name!  There's something intruiging about girls who don't dress in bright colors all the time, or who are usually quiet, and aren't constantly smiling every second like a barbie!  The quiet girl in honors class wearing the dark blue sweatshirt quietly reading (no one in particular).  A sense of humor is also a HUGE thing.  Alright, I think I'm done.

I hate how it's so freaking pressured to have a gf now adays!  It's like if you don't have a girl friend, your a huge loser.  It really annoys me.

Edited by - The Blue Toad  on 5/15/2005 7:22:27 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »
I can't figure it out.

P.S. The Blue Toad's description was nice.

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 08:29:10 PM »
I used to have two (not both at once). Neither lasted for over a month. Because, you know, I'm in high school and relate to no one, and I wasn't anything like either of my ex-girlfriends. High school dating is, for the most part, such a waste of time. Well, that and I'm very hesitant to open up to people, and I'm also terrible at remembering anything about anyone and always seem to be apathetic about relationships.

As of right now, no. I'm leaving high school soon. I'm just hoping that, at one point in my life, I'll be able to find someone, anyone, who can understand me, or, better still, help me fix my blaring social deficiencies.

And you do realise that most of the female members of this forum probably won't have girlfriends. Never know, though.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 08:33:35 PM »
> And for you girls the same thing goes for you with your boyfriends and stuff, so you can also join in.

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 08:37:32 PM »
Hooray for being really tired and missing important sentences. You know, when you are carelessly reading the post. Ya.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 08:45:32 PM »
I've had a few gf's over the years, but I'm so confused, because my ex and I broke up a few weeks ago, and we both knew we just wanted to be friends, but she's flirting with me again, even though we were happy being friends. And, then there's people that are saying that I should go out with her, and 20 people saying that she really likes me, and then others that are saying that she doesn't. So, I really don't know what to do. Maybe I'll change my name to Hinkleburg Von Strauss XI, shave my head, change my eye color and skin color, and move to Antartic. Sounds like fun.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker

Edited by - ledzeppelinrocks on 5/15/2005 7:47:54 PM
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 08:48:33 PM »
That's the best plan I've heard in awhile.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 09:44:08 PM »
The only girl I could really have a relationship with would be someone I was friends with for a long time already and knew all her friends well too. The girl who sits next to me in math class flirts with me a lot, but I can't even tell if she likes me that way or if it's just incessant flirting.  The scary part is that her twin sister is in my drama group while we film soap operas and I have to go to her house tomorrow, and she said her sister was really looking foward to me being there(eep).

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 09:48:36 PM »
I agree with Steve's post the most.

High School relationships almost ALWAYS end up in chaos. I have no idea why people do it. Every person I've known who has gotten in a relationship with someone broke up with them later. I ask them if they had anything in common. As I had expected, all of them said "no". This makes me believe that many people are swayed by the media that says "looks are everything". They only liked each other for their appearance, nothing more. I have asked them why they go through with it and why they don't just stop and live their own life, but have gotten hostile replies.

This contributes to why I don't care for dating at this time. It doesn't usually work until college or after, when people finally see that looks aren't everything.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 10:58:53 PM »
This is an interesting topic. I'll refrain from saying much (at least for now, anyway) as it'd probably turn into a long, elaborate rant about the world today.

I suppose I'll comment on some things some of you said.
"I don't really care for the average blonde hair blue eyes look that much (but looks don't really matter to me)"
~Ahem! *is offended* :P (Although most of those people are fake blondes, which is just...ugh.) (Yes, I know you said looks don't really matter, but I just felt like saying that.)

"Every person I've known who has gotten in a relationship with someone broke up with them later."
~Well duh. Almost everyone breaks up with a person at some point in time, or else everyone would be with the first person they're ever with for their entire life (which is possible, but not common--especially if it's both people's first relationship, and especially since most relationships are shallow, blah blah blah, etc). Or being with more than one person at a time, which is just messed up. XD
I know you hate Friends, but as Monica said to Chandler (while engaged to him) about a girl he had dated as a kid, "Did you break up with her?" To which he then gives her a blank look and says sacastically, "No, we're still together."

Okay, I ended up ranting there, which I wanted to avoid doing, but basically I'm saying that was a stupid comment, Vid. XP(BTW, that was NOTHING of a rant, compared to what I could go into. XD)

"I ask them if they had anything in common. As I had expected, all of them said "no"."
~That's just sad. And shallow. And...okay, I'll stop.

I also find in interesting that several of those descriptions of characteristics you guys like fit me... >_>; *Hides*

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/15/2005 10:08:40 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 11:08:50 PM »
You have a mental problem??

(see first post)

Edited by - Markio on 5/15/2005 10:09:19 PM

Print