Print

Author Topic: Amazing Unexperiences  (Read 21583 times)

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2006, 08:22:44 AM »
DDR Mario Mix is actually a game my family didn't mind, how did you get one? Are they back in production?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »
Thank goodness I got that for Christmas!  I began to worry when I heard that they weren't getting restocked until the spring.  The game is a riot, and by that I mean it's not only fun but also super hilarious.  Every single time I play Garden Boogie and see the 3 Koopas waving their arms to the cool music I laugh hard.  I also love the Mario remixes, especially "Jump!  Jump!  Jump!" that makes you want to shout and jump off the walls.

Watoad: Don't give up on DDR!  It's so fun when you get good at it (and nice to learn a new type of game).  The first time I played it I had the same trouble you did and my feet kept missing the buttons until I wanted to play Kick Kick Revolution by kicking the TV off the stand.  But if you practice over and over then eventually you can get a mental picture in your head of where they are, like the buttons on a controller.  However, beware of the down arrow because that little monster is so easy to miss if you're not careful!  As long as the mat doesn't slide around too much, you really listen to the beat, figure out good foot movements, and never give up, then you can handle the tough stuff and move on to harder things.  You can do it!

Here's a little warning for beginners who are going to play Mario Mix.  When you play Deep Freeze and later songs on Very Hard, make sure you're ready to do crazy things that will make your legs fly around.  I really don't like to hear that this game is easy because I'm having enough problems with this alone!

BLF1: Hope you can get the game soon.

Oh what else haven't I done?
- Written Mario fan fiction (but may soon).
- Been to Disney World
- Seen Old Yeller, the Rocky movies, or some other popular shows
- Read all of the Chronicles of Narnia books (but I'm on the second one now)
- Rode a snow mobile, hot air balloon, or hang glider
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »
Hm. Maybe I should get DDRMM to exercise, like your old sig. I need to get rid of this egg nog...

What kind of mat does it come with? If it's a soft one that's can get all wrinkly you can glue it to one of those things you put under computer chairs, I think.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »
DDR:MM can seriously make you sore. I've burnt more than 320 calories on it (it tracks it if you set up a profile), and I don't play it too often. Also, note that the heavier you are, the more calories you burn. At 124 pounds, I don't rack up calories easily.

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »
BP: It's a big soft mat (I think you call it soft compared to the other ones.  I've only played on one other mat before for a Playstation one).  The instructions on it say to play barefoot but that's impossible because your feet will probably stick too much.  That's almost as bad as when I heard an instruction book say "use the smallest TV you have in the house and sit back as far as you can."  Then... buy glasses for yourself after too much eye strain. 8-(

Suffix: How long do you play it and what do you play on?  I play for around 30 minutes or more on the Very Hard setting (twice a day or more sometimes) and don't feel too sore (except for buckets of sweat), but I used to hurt a lot when I wasn't very experienced.  Maybe weight, experience, and difficulty play a part in duration.  I weigh around 180 pounds and think I burnt almost 2000 calories so far but I didn't start the tracker right away so it should be more than that.  I feel like going to an arcade now and seeing how I do there (am I just hungry for new music or want to show off?  Don't know).
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2006, 06:11:49 PM »
I do it on Normal, and I've played it for about 30 minutes every other day since December 30th. This is the first time I've ever experienced DDR, and I can say that I do enjoy it.

« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »
Oh yes, DDR is a very enjoyful experience. That is, if you have pads that live through a good pounding =/

Suffix, I'm a bit heavier then you and I bet way taller than you, so I guess I burn a few more calories. I never really use that thing; i just try to get AA on all the songs on Standard.

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
If you've only played Mario Mix and get to thinking you're pr0 at DDR, I'd just like to say watch out when you play other mixes.

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »
I don't have MM. I play Ultramix and Ultramix 2. And now, thanks to christmas, Ultramix 3.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2006, 11:13:29 PM »
I have never read a whole book that was required in English class, but I do currently have a 91%.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2006, 11:37:09 PM »
I've never milked a cow, though I've enjoyed the milk.

I've never fought the man, but he still won.

I've never understood shawnes posts, yet I still like them.

I've never wasted a million dollars, but I'd like to try.

I've never found the any key.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »
Today I got the urge to post in this topic, but I could think of only two things that I haven't done. (I'm sure there are more.) They are:
  • get stung by a bee; and
  • go west of Nashville.
And you would think unexperiences would come easily...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »
I have never listened to a whole Green Day song. (I might have, but I wouldn't have known)
I also haven't listened to really any really big bands that weren't from the 60's, or early 70's.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 02:55:37 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »
I have never..

- completely finished the first Metroid game (I can't stand it long enough to finish it)
- I've never imported a game (though am thinking about it, with Itadaki Street DS)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo_penguin

• Mushroom_Boy's best pal
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2007, 01:09:45 PM »
I've never buy something from Australia
I've never drink milk
I've never punched a kangaroo
I've never be in the same room with 10 girls eating burritos
I've never ride a horse
I've never beaten Final fight 3

when I remember more stuff, I will post, in other case I don't.
Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion".

Print