Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
1 (33.3%)
lol wut
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Print

Author Topic: Fungi Forum Sportscenter  (Read 61117 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2005, 10:27:51 PM »
you know who can burn?...

..uh, Vikings and Broncos supporters.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2005, 11:05:53 PM »
Okay, let's face it. The Cowboys are goin' to the Super Bowl and kickin' some serious booty. Say hello to the new 2006 NFL champs!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 01:25:58 AM »
The Miami Dolphins were undefeated in '72.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 09:12:53 AM by Yoshi55 »
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 10:37:26 AM »
Okay, PL. Hello, Steelers!!!!!! XD Yes, no more Randy Tree Moss. He better put a belt on while in Oakland, or my fav. defense guy, Warren Sapp, will masacre him.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 05:42:36 PM »
The Steelers? Muwahahahahah! Let's watch the Cowboys beat 'em in the Bowl 42-0! Okay, let's face it. The 'Boys will be lucky if they even make the playoffs. But I hope they'll do it anyway.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2005, 09:41:20 AM »
Let's watch NFL in 1972. It would be better.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2005, 10:03:22 AM »
LD a Vikings fan...I never thought of that...Or is he being sarcastic?  You never can tell with the Lizard.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2005, 10:06:35 AM »
I can tell you one thing... the Browns aren't going to win the Super Bowl. Gosh, I hate the Ravens. I hate Art Modell. The Browns could have been so good! But.. NOOOO... we have to MOVE them. Then they bring back this joke of a team. Psh.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2005, 08:05:53 PM »
Yep, I like the Vikes, but only because I was brainwashed as a small child.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2006, 01:01:10 AM »
I can tell you one thing... the Browns aren't going to win the Super Bowl. Gosh, I hate the Ravens. I hate Art Modell. The Browns could have been so good! But.. NOOOO... we have to MOVE them. Then they bring back this joke of a team. Psh.

Yeah, they weren't even that great with Kellen Winslow Jr. on their team.  Don't worry, it'll just take some rebuilding to resurface the Browns.  But not as much rebuilding as Detroit.  When a guy running around the stadium with a sign saying "Fire Millen" gets louder cheers than on field performance, you know you have problems.  Joey Harrington either needs to seriously step it up, or the Lions need a new QB.  I personally think it's going to be Seattle vs Indy in the Super Bowl, but anything can happen. 

Yep, I like the Vikes, but only because I was brainwashed as a small child.

Brainwashed?  How was that?  I have been a Vikings fan since about 1997, when I seriously started watching football. 

Big games coming up in week 17.  Can Kerry Collins and the Raiders play the spoiler to the Giants' postseason hopes?  And can Washington shut the door on Dallas' postseason hopes with a victory against the Eagles?  Find out
today, actually.  yes, it is officially 2006.  This has been Sportscenter, the Fungi Forum report, for now. 

Boy, I never thought so many people on here liked the Vikings.

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »
Well my dad really really likes them and I grew up in that environment and just kind of adopted the same views.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2006, 05:17:23 PM »
Wow! The Browns won, but we'll have to wait until next year. :(
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Jman

• Score
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006, 07:20:05 PM »
An update on the NFL Sunday games:

Houston loses (but really wins) the Reggie Bush Bowl 17-20 to the San Fran 49ers.  They will get the number one pick in the 2006 NFL draft. 

The rout was on in KC as the Chiefs beat Cincy, who were resting many of their starters. 37-3 was the final in Dick Vermeil's final game as an NFL coach.  he announced his retirement earlier in the week.

The same happened in Minnesota as the Vikings beat around the Bears' fourth and fifth teamers 34-10.  Even though they missed the playoffs, the Vikings turned the corner with a 7-2 record over the last nine games.  Perhaps a turnaround is in the Vikings' immediate future...

It was Pittsburgh holding off the Lions 35-21.  Jerome bettis rushed for three TDs in what may be his last game as a Steeler, and maybe of his career.  Boy, a lot of these guys that I've grown up watching are leaving.  Favre, Bettis, Vermeil, maybe Brad Johnson too.

Jacksonville really hammered Tennesee.  if anyone knows the final score on that one, tell me.

Washington trailed 17-7, but rallied back to beat Philly 31-20 to lock up their first playoff trip since 99.

And those are all the important games, so I'm done.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 11:07:17 AM by Jman »

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2006, 07:22:11 PM »
How about Dion Sander's last game, eh?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006, 07:33:44 PM »
And how about how the Packers toppled the oh-so-overrated 'Hawks 23-17? Which, I suppose, is bad, because this means the Packers don't get quite as good a draft pick next year.

Breaking news: Mike Tice has been fired. Good riddance.

Print