Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
1 (33.3%)
lol wut
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Print

Author Topic: Fungi Forum Sportscenter  (Read 61465 times)

« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2006, 09:00:50 PM »
You're kidding? The Bears should be winning!

EDIT: Bears scored as soon as I turned it on. 23-10 now.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 09:02:34 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2006, 03:33:41 PM »
It was no joke. By the end of the first half, the Cardinals, a team usually overlooked, were pwning Da Bears 20-0. However, it would change. Mistakes led to touchdowns, and soon, the score flip-flopped to 24-23. Da Bears had scored three touchdowns by using their defense (a punt return, a fumble return, and a blocked punt return, all for touchdowns). Rackers, who had already missed two field goals that night, stepped up to the turf once more, this time for a 40-yarder. He missed. So, in a triumphant comeback, da Bears are still undeafeated, 6-0. This has been Sportscenter. Good night, everybody.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2006, 05:29:16 PM »
"Good Night, everybody!"

I could just imagine Yakko Warner giving that entire report for some reason.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2006, 09:48:28 PM »
Well, in a mostly slow game, tha St. Louis Cardnials have just beaten the New York Mets 3-1 to win the series 4-3. It was a tied game of 1-1 until a home run in the top of the ninth put the Cardinals into the lead. The Mets tried, but one last strikeout ended their season. So, it will be the St. Louis Cardinals vs. the Detroit Tigers in the 2006 MLB World Series. From the Fungi Forum news desk, this has been Sportscenter. Good night, everybody.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #304 on: October 22, 2006, 08:07:56 PM »
Fungi Forum Sportscenter NFL report: Dateline Seattle!

The Minnesota Vikings defeated the Seattle Seahawks 31-13 at Qwest Field in Seattle, Washington earlier today.  Also, the Seahawks lost quarterback Matt Hasselbeck late in the 3rd quarterback.  Chester Taylor set a new Vikings record with a 95 yard touchdown run, and the offense looked the best that it has all season.  Marcus Robinson caught a touchdown pass, runningback Mewelde Moore threw a touchdown pass, and the defense scored another touchdown with an endzone fumble recovery.  It's obvious that the Vikings made good use of the bye.  This has been the Vikings report!  Look forward to more action this next week!   

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #305 on: October 22, 2006, 08:25:38 PM »
Boy, a lot of good games happened today (unfortunately, our viewing area let us see the Lie-downs game...big woop compared to every other game). Well, there were a lot of great games and upsets today. For example, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated the Philadelphia Eagles with a record-setting 62-yard field goal with about two seconds remaining. The Atlanta Falcons also caused an upset against my team, the Steelers, 41-38 after a FG in OT. The Texans overwhelmed the favored Jacksonville Jaguars 27-7. The Raiders also received their first win of the season by beating the Cardinals (who just last week almost beat da Bears) 22-9.

Lastly, for those of you who aren't watching the World Serious, the score is 0-3 Detroit. This has been Sportscenter. We now hope you continue/ start to watch the game.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #306 on: October 22, 2006, 08:33:01 PM »
62 yard field goal?  Man, I'll have to watch the real SC to see that tonight!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2006, 10:16:47 AM »
Excuse me, that field goal was not record-breaking. The record is still tied by Jason Elam and Tom Dempsey, each completeing a 63-yard field goal.

Well, the World Series is tied up 1-1. The next game is scheduled tomorrow night @ 8:33 on FOX. Hope you all will be watching. Go Tigers!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »
And in a much needed update, the Cardinals win the World Series 4-1, the NFL is in week 9-10 I believe, and the biggest College football game of the year save the national championship, Michigan vs Ohio State, takes place today at 2:30.  Another game with bowl implications, the Gophers and the Hawkeyes is taking place right now with the Gophers leading 6-0.  Minnesota needs to win to go to a bowl game.

EDIT:  Dateline Columbus!  The Ohio State Buckeyes have defeated the Michigan Wolverines 42-39.  This is exactly how every 1 vs 2 game should go. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:20:00 PM by Jman »

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2006, 08:39:59 PM »
Yes! The Buckeyes have prevailed! Being a Buckeye fan, and being able to watch the game in a divided room of OSU fans and Michigan fans, I am very happy to see them win. National Championship, here we come...
In other news, the biggest (or so I say) rivalry in NFL, the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Cleveland Browns, takes place tomorrow I believe at 1:00 P.M. Eastern Time. Watch for Pittsburgh to win!

« Reply #310 on: November 19, 2006, 11:44:27 AM »
42-39 I believe. It was an awesome game.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »
21/20 UPDATE
------------
The Pittsburgh Steelers have overcome a difficult game against rival Cleveland Browns 24-20 after an amazing game and finish. Congratulations to the now 4-6 Steelers and the 3-7 Browns.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »
Boo.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »
As for the new poll, I think Chicago will beat Indianapolis in the Super Bowl. Indy can, after all, be beaten... We were shown that today. I believe both teams are now 9-1?

« Reply #314 on: November 20, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »
Well, in another disappointing game put forth by the Cowboys, the Colts managed to..............oh wait, the Cowboys won!? Heck yeah!!!! Mr. Meele, you should put the 'boys on the poll for that one! (Yeah, I know it says other)

Cowboys: 21
Colts: 14

*dances all over the dinner table*

Print