Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
1 (33.3%)
lol wut
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Print

Author Topic: Fungi Forum Sportscenter  (Read 61103 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2006, 11:00:58 AM »
Oh wait, I thought I covered GB already.  Being a Minnesotan, I'm not very fond of the packers, but I still felt good for Brett to go out and win possibly his last game 23-17 as the Pack had it under control for most of the game.  They came out and played arguably their most consistent game since they beat the Falcons back in November. 

Edit: Cleveland beat Baltimore 20-16.  After trailing 16-6, the Browns made a second half surge to halt Baltimore's two game winning streak.  Deion Sanders played possibly his last game for the Ravens.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 11:03:58 AM by Jman »
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2006, 12:26:07 PM »
I'm a Bears man. They used to stink, but they're on a roll this year. And the Packers are seriously over-glorified.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »
The Vikes beat Chicago yesterday, but that's because they were resting all their good players for the playoffs.

I am now taking predictions for the Rose Bowl.  I won't see it, because I have commitments on that night.  Who will win: Texas or USC?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2006, 01:45:48 PM »
Sometime next year...In the great tradition of college bowl games, there have been many great games that have been played.  But you've never seen anything like this before!  Airing only on FFSN (Fungi Forum Sports Network, the same network that airs SSB Live) next December 31st, join Mario and Luigi as they lead the Golden Mushroom University Toads against Bowser and the King Koopa State Spike Shelled Koopas!  Featuring different Nintendo characters on both sides of the ball, don't miss kickoff at 6:00C/P next New Years Eve!   

Jman

• Score
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2006, 03:25:45 PM »
Crap!  I killed another topic!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2006, 12:13:51 AM »
This is a FFSC special report:

The Penn State Nittany Lions have won the 2006 FedEx Orange Bowl over the Florida State Seminoles.
26-23 was the final.  This game had it all.  Missed opportunities, great defense, and a stretch in the third quarter where neither team could muster even a first down until Penn State did it with 1:14 left on a defensive penalty.

Both teams played their hearts out, with a few FSU players suffering cramps and dehydration late in the third overtime.  That's right, third OT.  Penn State scored first, FSU answered with 13 straight, PSU scored a TD and went up by one at the half.  After a scoreless third, PSU got a safety early in the final quarter.  This gave them a 3 point lead, but they turned the ball over on a fumble, and FSU went down for a tying field goal.  PSU had a chance to win it, but their freshman kicker Kevin Kelly missed from 29 yards out, and we went to OT.  In the first OT, both kickers missed field goals as Kelly blew another game winner.  In the second OT, both teams scored TDs.  And in the third, after a FSU miss, Kevin Kelly redeemed himself.  To sound cliche, the third time was the charm as PSU won by the final score of 26-23.  Easily the best BCS game I've seen in a long time.

And that's the Sportscenter report.  Someone else post results from the Rose Bowl, because I won't be here.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »
What about the Fiesta Bowl?! THat was an amazing game, two of my favorite teams put face to face! Wow!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Jman

• Score
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2006, 04:00:51 PM »
Yeah, that was a great game.

This is yet another FFSC special report!

The Texas Longhorns have pulled off the shocking upset over USC, the #1 team in the nation for the national championship!  I will post the details of the game when I have time, but for now, Texas 41 USC 38.  An instant classic for the most prestigous prize in college football.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2006, 04:02:27 PM »
Dudes, I can't cover every single game (partially because I don't have ESPN.)  if any of you other guys saw a game and care to post it here, by all means go ahead.  I'm not the only sports reporter around here.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2006, 05:09:23 PM »
I would, if I had the time. I will do it on the weekends.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2006, 06:54:22 PM »
Okay, I'm from Texas and I was rooting for the Longhorns. Say hello to the best team in the nation, fellas.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2006, 07:42:15 PM »
Hellooo, Fiesta Bowl champions, the Ohio State BUCKEYES!!!! And USC lost! XD.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2006, 09:29:07 PM »
I am so very happy that USC lost. I can not controll my excitement. What was it, a 40 some game winning streak? BROKEN?! YEAH!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2006, 11:05:46 AM »
I wanted USC to win. Texas is too... full of themselves. That said, Green Bay should draft Vince Young. Yes, I know, I just said i didn't like Texas, but that doesn't mean the quarterback isn't any good.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2006, 12:42:52 PM »
I saw just the first half of the Washington-Tampa Bay game.  Who won that one?

Print