Print

Author Topic: More modern dreams.  (Read 20433 times)

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 02:44:10 PM »
My dreams are almost always random, there is almost never a complete or at all a story line.
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »
I had a dream about the Crash Bandicoot games having a multiverse last night. The only reason I could ever have for even thinking of something like that is probably because Cortex's voice in the first game is different from any other game in the series. The dream focused largely on him, anyway.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »
Ok, I had a dream for the first time in a LONG time, and it was weeeiirrd. I was on some kind of train or bus with 3 friends (friends from real life, and not random dream people). One suddenly says "Man, I gotta go to the bathroom." So he gets up and we look out the window as we pass an outhouse, and he gets out of the vehicle without the it stopping. While he's gone, we pass an old, abandoned Disneyland (or at least the Matterhorn, which isn't a ride at all anymore) and he suddenly is up ahead and he gets back on as the train keeps going.
Somehow, I find myself in some cold, London-like town. It's actually a little too cold for me. I step into this bar-like place, where the guy behind the counter asks me if I still use emulators. I told him "no" and ordered something that was $1.25. Even though the place looked like Britain, I still used U.S. money. I was actually allowed to sit at the bar table. I didn't order beer or any alcoholic anything, it was like hot cream soda. I fiddled around with my wallet, found a quarter, a couple of fives and a twenty, but "Man, I NEVER have ones in this thing!" I said. I found a one in my wallet after saying that. Then this guy comes in and starts playing his DS. Then it ended.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2006, 09:17:17 PM »
I haven't remembered one of my dreams in well over a month and a half. I record the more vivid ones. They are all very nonsensical and bizarre, and probably weirder than most people's dreams here.

The last one I remember, from May 15th:

I had this really weird dream that I was trying to stop some evil super villian from taking over the world (usually, I'M the super villian), except that I didn't know WHO I was trying to stop. Anyways, what somehow happens is that I go on the set of a game show, which for whatever reason, mainly consisted of being asked a bunch of trivia questions by a giant robotic insect while you're sitting in a porta-potty. Anyways, a few round of this occur. I remember that no one did very well as this at all. Then, I was called up to play. I found the trivia questions rather easy, myself. I remember getting 8 correct in a row (supposedly, 10 in a row won you the grand prize there) and then I just walked out of the porta-potty for no reason... and the insect said something like "A-ha! I know who you are. I got you, finally!" and lands on my head, and proceeds to rip it off in a bloody, disturbing spectacle. Turns out the entire show was a front for the major villian to find people like me and kill them off.

Which is scary, because I haven't died in any of my past dreams.

And this was no exception -- a bit later, in a Hawaiian-ish lounge, me (the real me) and some other secret-agent looking person are sitting on lounge chairs and talking about what was going on at the show, which was on the TV in front of me.

(paraphrased)

Me: Ya, I basically built a near-perfect robotic version of myself to check that out. It looked really suspicious. I mean, a TRIVIA CONTEST?! Sheesh. Basically, it was designed to look incredibly realistic if, say, its head were ever ripped out. I mean, you can't tell the difference between me and that thing.
Agent: Ya, [nickname for me I can't remember], but how much did it cost you?
Me: 14 billion dollars.
Agent: Isn't that a bit much?
Me: Relax. I stole it from the government!

riotous laughter ensues

And I woke up during this laughter.

Yes, I DISTINCTLY remember the "I stole it from the government" line. And that it cost $14B.
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2006, 10:12:05 PM »
Ok, I had a dream for the first time in a LONG time, and it was weeeiirrd. I was on some kind of train or bus with 3 friends (friends from real life, and not random dream people). One suddenly says "Man, I gotta go to the bathroom." So he gets up and we look out the window as we pass an outhouse, and he gets out of the vehicle without the it stopping. While he's gone, we pass an old, abandoned Disneyland (or at least the Matterhorn, which isn't a ride at all anymore) and he suddenly is up ahead and he gets back on as the train keeps going.
Somehow, I find myself in some cold, London-like town. It's actually a little too cold for me. I step into this bar-like place, where the guy behind the counter asks me if I still use emulators. I told him "no" and ordered something that was $1.25. Even though the place looked like Britain, I still used U.S. money. I was actually allowed to sit at the bar table. I didn't order beer or any alcoholic anything, it was like hot cream soda. I fiddled around with my wallet, found a quarter, a couple of fives and a twenty, but "Man, I NEVER have ones in this thing!" I said. I found a one in my wallet after saying that. Then this guy comes in and starts playing his DS. Then it ended.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2006, 11:08:15 PM »
That was a VERY delayed double post.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2006, 05:14:05 AM »
GRRRRRRRRRRRGH! Stupid Direcway... I was going to post that earlier (around noon) but my internet went out just before I posted it. So I held onto the page, and it came back on at about 6, looks like. But it died AGAIN, but apparently it posted... when it actually came on (9 freakin' PM) I posted it again.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2006, 09:09:06 PM »
I am a very freaky dreamer. I once had a dream where I was at school and my class and I were setting up X-mas decorations. Then, all of a sudden, I blurted out in my dream: "Wait. It's not Christmas!" Then the dream sort of melted and I woke up.

I also was half-asleep when I heard the phone ring in reality. My mind was still in some sort of dream mode, so I held my hand up to my mouth and said "hello?" Weird.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
That really didn't sound that weird to me, maybe its just too organized for me.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006, 12:59:56 AM »
Heh heh, that was humorous to me. I've never been a sleep talker. I used to sleep walk, 7 years ago, but never talked. But according to my sister, I snore loudly.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2006, 07:11:53 AM »
Then get this. Once, in my sleep, I told my grandma: "I have a hard time throwing rocks at you."

Just a few nights ago I had a dream of Petey Piranha eating a person.

I also once had a dream where I was in a school race that involved running up the stairs and, to me, an unknown floor. Somehow I won third place, and after my two friends from school got their first and second place medals, I walked up to receive my third place one, but I woke up, looking for my medal. (This also falls under the category of realistic dreams; the ones that feel so real you think they are real).

My dad once had a dream that a tornado was coming toward his house. The tornado then fell over and kids came to play on it; they went from one side of the tornado to the other, like it was a slide.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »
Oh, sorry, I was talking to IS.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2006, 07:12:59 PM »
I had a dream last night, but I can't remember what it was about. :(
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »
Lol, you told your grandma in your dream that you hve a hard time throwing rocks at her? Man, that's evil. Yet I can't stop myself from imaging you telling your grandma that.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2006, 11:53:31 AM »
Last night I had a dream where there are four roommates: A businessman, a young guy, a younger businesslady, and everyone's favorite Italian plumber.  The young guy said funny stuff in his sleep, so, because he was getting annoyed by the spastic Mario, the businessman dragged the napping young guy next to the napping spaz.  Then, at some point, Mario kissed the younger businesslady.  Like I said, Mario was a spaz in this.  Then I supposedbly woke up, and it was raining.  I looked out the window, and saw my dad moving some farm machinery.  We have a garage now, but the setting here was what our front yard looked like before the garage was even put in.  Had the sidewalk going down a slope to the driveway, and I'm pretty sure the porch, which we tore down a few years ago in place of the garage, was there.  Okay, I live on a county highway.  In the dream, I walked to where the driveway meets the highway, and some big farm machinery was driving by.  A farn disk just narrowly missed me and the mailbox.  Then the dream ended, and I woke up for real.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print