Print

Author Topic: What've you been reading?  (Read 30135 times)

« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2006, 11:02:16 AM »
Recently I read a magnificant, mind-blowing book called "For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to The Inner Lives of Women".  This really opened up my mind to the ways that most women may think and what they really want in life.  Do you think that it's impossible to understand women?  Think again.  Seriously, I think that all men should read this book before they get in a relationship with a girl because this stuff could save your behind!  While I read it I began to realize why so many couples argue about things you would think of as simply dumb and not worth fighting about.  It's because men and women have different needs and see things in different ways!  As I read through every chapter of the short book I literally gasped out loud and refused to believe my mind.  It all made perfect sense and sounded so right.  Seven little facts that can make a great difference.

I wish that I had the book with me to give a quick overview, but I'm not at home right now, but maybe some other time.  I hope that this information can prepare me to become a more understanding friend to girls and a better husband to my wife (if I do get married).  Excuse me for raving and advertising there.

Currently I'm reading the book "Seismic Shifts" which deals with making tiny little changes in your life that have a huge impact in everything you do-- faith, health, relationships, and more.  I think everyone should read both of these books, especially Seismic Shifts.

Last night I saw the good movie "Count of Mounte Christo" with a bunch of friends and I enjoyed that.  It confused me for awhile (a lot of movies like that do) but I understood what was going on at the end.  You just can't help but get so angry from seeing what happens to Edmund and feel great about his attitude through it all.  I wish there was more sword fighting though.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
I just finished reading The Collector by John Fowles, a book about a sociopath that kidnaps this girl and keeps her in his cellar.

Now I'm reading Pride and Prejudice.  I've only seen bits and pieces of the movie versions, but the book itself is nice, although a bit hard to follow character shifts in voice.

I suspect I'm just trying to finish summer reading before summer school.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2006, 05:09:20 PM »
I just tried to pick up Eldest after, like, a year.  I had stopped reading somewhere in the middle, and I forgot to mark my spot, so now I have no clue what's going on.  T_T
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2006, 06:41:01 PM »
I enjoyed Eldest almost as much as I enjoyed Eragon. I can't wait for the third installment in the Inheritance (sp?) Trilogy.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »
I just picked up More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »
Wow, it seems that there is a mixed attitude on The Catcher in the Rye here in the Fungi Forums (well, I knew that Sapph wouldn't like it at all). Personally, I really liked it, (Yes, I know that it was the reason my favorite member of my favorite band was killed) although the content was a bit inapproprate. Holden Caulfield seemed like a very believeable character, since he wasn't phony at all, and truly wrote what he felt. Well, over the summer, I had to read three books. One was To Kill a Mockingbird which was possibly one of the best I've ever read. I also read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which was very hard to understand, and I didn't really like it that much. The teacher said to try and read it again in the future, and I may like it more. Lastly I read (well I didn't finish it, but I will when I finish the other books I'm currently reading) Tunnel in the Sky, which was a pretty neat Sci-fi novel in the future. Sci-fi fans should really check it out. Next, for an assignment, I must read a book called Torn Away, which is about a boy from Ireland that has to go to Canada. It seems like a very interesting book. Bird Person reccomended Speak, so I'll try to read that sometime soon, and from what I've heard, I'll probably enjoy Of Mice and Men, so I'm going to read that. Lastly, a book that I'm really interested in is Go Ask Alice. I like gritty, real books about real (or seemingly real) people going through real life, so I assume that it will be a great, life altering (well, more for girls, but it could still change my life... I guess...) book. Well, that's what my teacher said anyway. It seems that the more a book is B&, the better it is. Heck, Where's Waldo? is pretty cool!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:51:19 PM by solidmushroom »

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
I'm reading "Buying Time" by Joe Haldeman now.  I just finished "How to Teach your Baby to Read" and read "How to Teach Your Baby Math" before that.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »
"And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2006, 03:52:30 PM »
I have been reading "The Stand" by Stephen King.  It is one of those Apocalypto books.
I only watch [adult swim]

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2006, 05:13:41 PM »
I recently read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I can't beleive I didn't read it sooner.

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2006, 05:38:31 PM »
Rading is fun, know why.... Because knowledge is Power!!!

sorry, I had to say that.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2006, 08:37:12 PM »
I'm currently reading "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories" and "The Giver."

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2006, 08:48:53 PM »
Nothing at the moment, but there's a bunch of Goosebumps books in my closet that I haven't read yet.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2006, 09:25:38 PM »
The Princess Bride by William Goldman.  Thought I should finally read it, since I love the movie.  Also, I'm reading Stephen King's The Talisman for my english class.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2006, 05:28:27 AM »
I read Black House, I really want to read The Talisman but I can't find it anywhere (Peter Straub co-wrote both books btw). I just finished reading Rose Madder, not one of Stephen King's best books.

Print