Print

Author Topic: All Across America  (Read 3279 times)

fuzzy

• Banned
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:00:36 PM »
Where is the best place to live in America?
I want to live in the best place in America when I grow up just like everybody else, so if you could possibly rate the general area you live in by eye appeal, excitment, crime, etc. it would truly be appreciated.  Thanks!
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 11:59:17 PM »
Hanford, CA: 0. If you like nasty-smelling cows, a bunch of drunks who daily drive into telephone poles and put your power out with lazy electricians who can't fix it within 5 hours, intense heat in the summer and intense cold in the winter, brown skies, and much, much more then it's a perfect 10! Stay away.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:02:27 AM »
Sammamish, WA (a suburb of Redmond, near Seattle)
8/10

Pros: mild climate, good economy, fantastic library system (I can watch just about any movie for free), great education system (though things may have changed since I got out of public school), no regular natural disasters, near the home of both Microsoft and NOA, no state income tax, liberal state (pro if you're a liberal)

Cons: poor public transportation, very high sales tax, we might have a catastrophic earthquake in the next century, liberal state (con if you're a conservative)

EDIT: I mistakenly claimed that Washington had no property tax.  I meant to say income tax.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:30:18 PM by Hirocon »

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
West Jordan, Utah
7/10
Pros: New housing developments are very nice looking.  School systems seem to be working out well.  Hardly any natural disasters.  Crime rate is low.  Conservative place.  New public places look very nice.  Plenty of parks if you are two years old.  City is planning to reduce pollution by 15%  Beautiful mountains on windy days when pollution gets blown away.  Salt Lake City is close by, which is a nice place.  Perfect temperatures in the fall and spring.  

Cons: May be a major earthquake soon and will turn into a wasteland if Yellowstone volcanoe explodes.  A little undeveloped, so a lot of construction and empty fields.  Not a lot of folage since fairly new.  Old housing and public areas are just plain ugly! Lots of tumbleweeds.  Conservative place. Almost all hostpitals are located on a fault.  Neighbors the city of Kearns which should be blown up because it is so ugly and run-down.  Fairly windy all of the time.  May get a little hot in the summer and a little cold in the winter, but is not bad.   
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:31:16 PM by fuzzy »
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »
Dude, if the Yellowstone volcano blows up, the whole planet will be a wasteland.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:00:30 PM »
Not the whole planet, just the whole continent(at least that's what I heard).

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 03:10:27 PM »
I disagree with BP. Hanford is not that bad...yet it's not the best place in the world probably. What BP says about the cow crap is false...it's just because he lives farthur in the outskirts than I do, which is really saying something. I like it because it's a small little town of about 45,000 with pretty nice people. I don't know why you hate it so much BP.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »
North Ohio

Pro: YOu get winter and summer, 90 degree days, along with pleanty of snow. You can slead ride, and swim. There is pleanty of water, and you have large metropolises with suburban areas and rural areas. YOu can't go wrong with living in North Ohio.

Con: I dont think that there are any.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »
Illinois!
9/10

Pros:

You get all 4 seasons
Famous buildings (We have the tallest building in America!)
Famous places (First McDonalds, first Ferris Wheel, ect.)
Famous people
Home of the White Sox

Con:

Weather is (sometimes) unpredictable
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 07:24:22 PM »
You never rode the bus that picks up the filthy gangstas in Hardwick. If I lived there I'd never leave my house.
I guess if you like McDonald's this is the place to live. How many do we have now, 3 or 4? @_@ We do have a pretty nice GameStop though. But this isn't the place I want to spend the rest of my life.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 07:54:52 PM »
Colorado

Pros: Jake Plummer, Carmelo Anthony, Todd Helton

Cons: Zacharias Moussaoui, Alferd Packer (previously)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 08:05:22 PM by bobman37 »

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 08:54:57 PM »
You never rode the bus that picks up the filthy gangstas in Hardwick. If I lived there I'd never leave my house.
I guess if you like McDonald's this is the place to live. How many do we have now, 3 or 4? @_@ We do have a pretty nice GameStop though. But this isn't the place I want to spend the rest of my life.

Hardwick my friend is not Hanford...notice how it has a completely different name. Yes you are right about the McDonalds...it would be better with an In N Out. But we do have a Cold Stones!! :)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 11:04:03 PM »
Northeast Oklahoma

+ usually good contrast of seasons, cost of living is acceptable, crrrrrrrrazy random weather patterns, fairly safe area

- crrrrrrrrazy random weather patterns, gets a little too hot in summer
That was a joke.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 09:25:03 AM »
San Diego

Pros: Uh, it's been called the finest city on the west coast, really nice weather, tv shows hardly get prempted, stores everywhere, pretty liberal and generally nice people. Also, very little crime.

Cons: Expensive to live here, Duke Cunningham controversy, crappy football team who's demanding a new stadium despite the fact that they suck, the impending threat of a major earthquake.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print