Poll

Should there be a sequel to the Super Mario Bros. Movie?

YES SIR
I DON'T THINK SO
undecided
Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. Movie 2  (Read 4508 times)

« on: February 16, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »
Please leave any comments but only select one option.
I see poop.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 03:43:42 PM »
ARGH! Stop making topics in the wrong forum!
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 05:31:45 PM »
I voted yes. I liked the first one.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »
NO! The first SMB movie was just weird.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 06:31:17 PM »
The movie had a few good points, yes, but its good points were outnumbered by the bad... The Goombas and Koopas were deformed, Bowser was a human, Luigi was mustacheless and hatless... The actors are probably too old to do a sequel now anyway. It would be better to remake the movie with 3D computer animation, IMO. They could have it premiere on Nick or something, it wouldn't have to be in theaters... In other words, I voted no.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 08:36:02 PM »
No thanks, laowl.

I did like the first one, though.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 08:37:48 PM »
The thing about the Koopas, Goombas, and King Koopa (I want to call him the good old name of Bowser but that's not his name in the movie >:(.) just really ruined it, the fact that Luigi was played by what's-his-name (Note: I don't mind the actor) was too young.
I'm a horrible person.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 08:56:57 PM »
Yeah, aren't Mario and Luigi twins, and that Mario is only a few moments older?  If another SMB movie is made, I want the friendly-looking Yoshi, a reptilian Bowser, a mustached Luigi, Toads that look like Mushroom people, and Goombas and Koopas that LOOK like Goombas and Koopas.  In other words, I'd like the characters' appearances to remain true to the games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 09:13:45 PM »
I can't remember when or where, but I've said something like this before:

If you want to see a SMB movie that's perfectly 'N Sync with the game then watch a video capture of someone playing it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 10:44:47 PM »
I mean, seriously. It looks like Bowser gave away his monstrous features to the goombas and koopas. Yoshi got his share, too.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 11:34:52 PM »
I loved SMB the Movie. It may be a little, well, akward, but I thought it was funny. They also left it wide open for a sequel, but never made one. That's why I think there should be a sequel. The bad thing about making a sequel so late, though, is because it's best to use original actors. I loved Mario(I forgot the actor's name) in it. Daisy was also a great actor. The thing is, they made Daisy way too Peach-y. It would make so much more sense if it was Peach. Daisy is just a "tom-boy"; as it says in SSBM.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 11:49:09 PM »
Yeah, I did like some parts, but Daisy just wasn't the person to cut it (Actor for Mario = Bob Hoskins btw.), but I liked the video game stories better, I'd love to see a movie for M&L:SS or M&L:PiT.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 11:53:19 PM »
Heh, a Mario and Luigi game would pwn.

*Goes off to continue game-making*
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »
The Mario Bros. Movie was my favorite movie of all time. Sure, it may be.....odd, but hey. It's Mario and Luigi.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 11:22:59 PM »
As someone said before, I want characters that look actually like the video-game characters, I don't want pseudo-dark actos playing my favourite game characters!

Print