Print

Author Topic: Awards/Scholarships You Have Received  (Read 8471 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
I got a plaque for distinguished portfoilo and an honorable mention in the Sister City's Art Contest. ^_^
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 07:24:43 PM »
I got Perfect Attendence in 6th Grade. I'm also getting a silver trophy for bowling this year.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 07:32:12 PM »
I got like 4th in a spelling bee in like 4th grade. So I guess that would be a big thing for me.
I see poop.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 07:39:26 PM »
I've never gotten any awards in school, or for anything really. The only "award" that I can say I have is that I made the FF's 145,000th post. It isn't much of an award. :-\
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 01:13:33 AM »
More like an accomplishment.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 01:29:03 AM »
I got the academic award when I graduated from primary school- a while ago now. *Goes all misty-eyed*

Oh, and... Ringsonic won the Literacy award at that same school. No joke.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 03:12:46 AM »
I got the academic award when I graduated from primary school- a while ago now. *Goes all misty-eyed*

Oh, and... Ringsonic won the Literacy award at that same school. No joke.

well Mr tough gut, if thats who your are beat mario, take that! let see you try better. plus it's not really your idea its partly, because I took only a bit, so that nothing really. I've twisted it, making it outstanding. Mario, grabb bowsers tail, swing. Throw! Into the bombs, kabom! End of story. i really appericate it, saying that, i haven't really meade the same thing. Thank youuu very much.

The future is all me!
See me, now you don''t
G unit man!

There's no way...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 09:14:55 AM »
I was king once in elementary school and won the citizenship award for my entire seven elementary school years.  In high school my creative writings were chosen as the best in the class every time.  It was kind of embarrassing to have my teacher read every story to the class.  I'll save scholarships and grants for another post. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »
School. Ok then:

Last year, I was the captain of our school's JETS (engineering contest) team which took first place in the nation for our school's division. Paradoxically, it only got 4th in the state. (Only multiple choice was graded for state, which we didn't rather poorly on, but only essays were graded nationally, which we did amazingly on.)

I have finished top 10 in the state in several mathematics contests. I finished T4th in the 8th grade Indiana Mathematics League contest. I would have gotten T1st, but I misread my own handwriting after correctly working a problem and marked the wrong choice. As in, I had everything right, but when I marked my answer, I mistook a "D" on my diagram for a "B" and that led me to mark an incorrect response.

I won my 2nd and 3rd grade spelling bees. My 5th grade teacher's spelling list included words like "up" and "no" (I wish I were kidding) and as a result I lost my spelling abilities and did terrible (by terrible, I mean not winning) in the 7th grade spelling bee. (Although, getting the only word you can't spell in the round before, round of, and round after you miss the word is a bit of bad luck, in a sense)

I got a poorly-fitting medal once for scoring 790 on the old SAT-M in 8th grade. I was pretty pleased with that. I later won a $100 bet when my dad got drunk once and told me I would "never score 800 on the SAT-M" ... which I did on my first and only attempt at it in high school.

I have a lot of scholarships and the like for academics, also. I won't go into those.

So... ya. I did well for myself in school. Accomplishment wise. Other facets of my personality faltered quite a bit, but at least I was good at academics.

Ultima Shadow and Lizard Dude's posts set my faith in the public school system at a new personal low. Which is really, really low.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:45:39 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 01:20:08 PM »
At my elementary school, I always wanted to win the classwide spelling bee, then compete in the best person from each class, but I always got stuck on words that I know would have two options of how to spell it correctly, like "leisurable".  I had to guess if there was another E like "leisureable", kinda like in "changeable".  That one made me so mad!  That was fifth grade, I won classwide in eighth grade, then beat the fifth, sixth, and seventh grade spellers and got to go to Berkeley to take another test with a bunch of good spellers.  Except those kids were the type that studied spelling, and the words were all foreign to me, so I didn't pass through that test.  But I did get a T-shirt and a bag.

I also drew the cover for the yearbook for the year which my class graduated.  There were no other entries, so.... yeah.

I was about to compare myself to everybody else and feel bad, but then I remembered that comparing yourself isn't a good thing to do, so Go Me!  And You!  and all of Us!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
I received an award last year for a charcoal portrait I did of myself.  I got to go to Utica and dress up, and have my peice in an art gallery.  It was fun.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »
My school's marching band won the Colorado State Band Finals for the first time. Now we're the defending State champs of 4A competition, so next school year we're heading to Indianapolis to compete in Bands of America Grand Nationals. I can't wait!

We are also the defending Grand Champions of the Zia Marching Festival in Santa Fe, NM, which is huge because our distant rivals, the 5A-dominating Colorado band Pomona, got a lower score than us. Our excitement was indescribable.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »
I received an award last year for a charcoal portrait I did of myself.  I got to go to Utica and dress up, and have my peice in an art gallery.  It was fun.

Good for you! *claps hands*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 05:02:02 PM »
Only visually artistic thing I've done that has received any special award from anywhere was a random photo I took with a piece-o-junk disposable camera on a vacation to Michigan when I was in middle school. I noticed a double rainbow (two rainbows right next to each other) and took a picture from off the dock downstairs. When it developed, it looked rather cool, so I submitted it to a contest and it won an honorable mention award for whatever reason. Funny how random whims turn out sometimes.
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 05:19:14 PM »
Wait, what's the SAT-M?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print