Country
Classic Rock
Hip Hop
Modern Rock
Jazz
Classical
Pop
Print

Author Topic: Music you like  (Read 8175 times)

« on: February 24, 2006, 06:49:50 PM »
if you like them all then you may pick all seven. Please do comment though because i like to hear good comments.
I see poop.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 07:09:03 PM »
I should love to give you a good comment, but I am afraid that that is hard to do in such a topic.

Let me offer some kind help though.
There is a search bar, use it!
Also, very trivial things need not polls, it is impossible to have all the categories.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 10:42:36 PM »
Please do comment though

You first.

Seriously, I want to think that almost every one of your threads are excuses to clutter the forum with polls. I have a wonderful sticky on this sub-forum you should probably read. And ya, this has been done before.

For what it's worth, of those 7 I like Classic rock, Classical, and Jazz.
~I.S.~

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 11:38:48 PM »
You forgot techno funk. :-\

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 11:49:27 PM »
Ooooh, I like techno funk. I like to make little techno sounds on my guitar. It's best when using many octaves at the same time.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 12:20:57 AM »
 Hm. My roommate claims he knows how to play "techno-funk" after looking over my shoulder.

As for music, I'm not very picky. Though don't care for a lot of rap ( Sorry Deezer D: ), or country music. Aside from that, most music is agreeable with me.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 12:32:46 AM »
You mean you play guitar, Black Mage?

I like rock, classic rock, progressive rock, soft metal, classical, techno, and jazz.

Sometimes I like to play, what I call, 'spiritual' notes on my guitar. I can sometimes play my friends into a trance by playing my guitar in special ways. Using the wah-wah pedal is the main part. Effects like delay and fade work great. The riffs are supposed to be 'soothing' to the ear.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 01:31:07 AM »
Seriously, I want to think that almost every one of your threads are excuses to clutter the forum with polls. I have a wonderful sticky on this sub-forum you should probably read. And ya, this has been done before.

I agree with Steve. It looks like the majority of your current threads are polls, and I really don't feel like voting or posting in any of them.

Though, I did vote in this one, with classical, jazz, classic rock and...I forgot if I chose another one.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 08:42:04 AM »
Woah! Vid posted in a thread.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 08:59:54 AM »
Why isn't Acid Rock on there?
I only watch [adult swim]

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 09:45:35 AM »
And what about Hillbilly Banjo Bluegrass (it's Bluegrass with some extra hillbilliness) and Techno? Or Technobilly Technograss? Or Hilltechnilly Blechno? Or even Classical Jazznobilly Bluerock? CJBBR is great.
every

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 11:20:33 AM »
Some people are going along with this poll......others are bashing it. I can't decided which side I want to be on!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »
Pop-Very Catchy
Jazz-Same as Pop

I also like Waltz.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 01:09:21 PM »
The major gripe I have with this poll as a poll is that it fails the "Are there too many possible responses to make this a feasible poll?" test. Like Classical Jazznobilly Bluerock. The thread itself, while I know it's been done before, can stay, I guess. The major gripe I have with mario_luigifan104's threads in general is that they seem cheapened up JUST so they can have a poll tacked onto them. I think the only thread I've seen m_lfan104 make that wasn't a poll have the side comment "I would have made this a poll, but there were too many choices" added to the first post.

I can rattle off more genres I like that aren't in the poll (Techno, most video game type-songs, whatever Weird Al and the like is called, lots of non-mainstream things I find on the internet, etc.) than those that are. That is all. My music tastes don't fit into genres very well at all. I will say that I dislike most Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B, most Country (although I'm more tolerable to country), most Pop. Modern Rock is OK, although I prefer classic rock. There is one specific "music" group and about 5 or 6 specific "songs" that I absolutely cannot tolerate, and I sometimes take whatever measures are necessary (up to and sometimes including attempting to knock myself unconscious) to avoid listening to them.
~I.S.~

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 01:45:30 PM »
Music that I have zero-tolerance for is death metal. My brother plays it as loud as his speakers can go every day. It is SO annoying. The singing isn't even really singing. It's just growling that you can't even understand. And every song I hear sounds the same to me. All it 'sings' about is hatred, violence, Gothic, and cursing. Ugh, I just can't STAND it... One time on his birthday party, all night long he had his death metal on SO LOUD. I was in my room, trying to sleep, as I watched my Mario bobble-head slowly vibrate off the night stand.

I also don't like 'punk' or 'emo' music. I can tolerate it, though. They sing about hating their life and suicide. Surly they have better lyrics they can replace rather than talking about depression. I don't like to hear that genre of music.

My favorite band would have to be Dream Theater. They're a progressive rock band. Most of their songs are 'stories'. Each song is around ten minutes long. They, to me, have the most talent for music. Everything about them is good. Especially John Petrucci(guitarist). Almost every song I know was played by him. He can play so fast, yet so smoothly.

I think I've talked about Dream Theater before, though. Has anybody else heard of Dream Theater?

Print