Print

Author Topic: Where will you be 5 years from now?  (Read 12969 times)

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 03:59:08 PM »
Killing a drink?

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »
5 years from now, I want to be moved out of my parents house, possibly married, and going back to school.

Currently, I'm working on getting out of my parents' house (I'm just on the computer right now, trying to get the nerve up to go and tell these people I want to move into an apartment), and getting married (we are engaged! the wedding will likely be about this time next year, if all goes well).

About going back to schoool, though.. that's a tough one. I thought at one time I wanted to be a game programmer, but the thought of sitting behind a computer all day, typing lines of code just doesn't appeal to me.

I do want to try and get into the gaming business, though. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2006, 04:36:25 PM »
"Killing a drink" is slang for chugging down a beer. Mario_luigifan104 used the wrong term.

That was well said, Toad. But what do you mean by "possibly married?" Of course you will be! ^_^ I also thought once when I was little about being a video game programmer. But then I thought of what Toad just said. There isn't really a job in game programing that isn't 'boring'. Creating graphics takes a LONG time; Programing controls is hard; Designing sound files takes a long time; Even thinking up a great idea for a game is hard work. It seems laid back when you think about it a little, but think about it a lot more and you'll see. XD

I remember when I was ten-years-old I wanted to be a mime. One day a mime came to our school to put on a little show, and I loved it! Then next year in 6th grade I took theater arts just to learn to be one. I practiced a lot at home, showed off my moves(nah, they weren't that great), etc. When I reached the end of 6th grade though, I found out how low of a job it is. Then I just got bored of it.

The funny thing is, is that I haven't really figured out which college I'll go to. I've had my eye on two in Hawaii, though. I've talked to my parents about it, and they say they see me being a guitarist for a band-- exactly what I'd hope to be. So of course I'll be taking a major in guitars or music in general. Then probably a cooking class(not home-ed, I mean a chef).

I just started saving money for my car a few months ago. I'm saving 30% of all my earnings a week for a Mustang 05 convertible. That is my favorite car, and I plan on getting it when I move out to Hawaii. After that, I'll live in an apartment with a progressing job in a restaurant career. Mabey I'll have a band at that time, so it would make it easier. When I save enough money, I'll move into a custom home near the beach. I'll be like AC/DC! XD I have always wanted to learn to water surf, but we never got enough vacation time to where I could take lessons. I have learned to snowboard well, though. I only snowboard on Christmas break, though I haven't been since 2004...

Of course I won't stop playing Nintendo. I grew up with Mario, and I will never leave him!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 12:29:32 PM »
I won't stop playing video games, of course. I'll be playing MORE, since I'll have a job and can pay for them myself instead of waiting until Christmas.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »
I don't know what I'll be doing. I probably will never post in the Fungi Forums again, because I'll have forgotten about it. I mean, before now when was the last time I posted anything?
My life, as a squirrel.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »
I won't stop playing video games, of course. I'll be playing MORE, since I'll have a job and can pay for them myself instead of waiting until Christmas.

Funny. I thought the exact same thing 5 years ago when I was your age. I rarely play video games anymore. Except for the occasional SNES nostalgia run. Thanks, college.
~I.S.~

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2006, 01:53:03 PM »

Funny. I thought the exact same thing 5 years ago when I was your age. I play video games way more nowadays. Except for the occasional splurge of schoolwork. Thanks, college.

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 12:13:16 AM »
It took me 2 minutes to realize that LD's post was the exact opposite of Steve's.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2006, 09:14:02 PM »
Yeah, I still play my SNES a lot.  Ah, those nostalgia runs.  I'm still trying to beat LOZ: A Link to the Past.  My other file got erased, so I had to start a new one.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »
It's sad, the only Nintendo product that I have is an SP.  The only other time I play anything else is when I go to Bird Person's house.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2006, 05:25:04 PM »
You still want my GameCube? Because, you know, if my future Revolution plays the old disc of PMTTYD (I think it's just the Gamecube having problems), you'll be a very happy guy... If that's the case, you can have the 4x memory card, PMTTYD(new, works with GC disc) Mario Party 4, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and the Gameboy player. If the old disc still doesn't work on the REV, I'll have to keep the new one. If you don't want it, some eBay shopper will... and I might miss MKDD and MP4, so I can't sell those in that I can never play them again.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print