Print

Author Topic: donkey kong games are so lame now  (Read 11941 times)

« on: May 18, 2006, 10:55:27 PM »
there dfeinitly are. who cares about donky konga and king of swing? donkey kong 64 was the last good donkey kong game (my opinion). why cant they make a game just like that? and donkey kong country was good too. they should make a game just like that for GBA or DS? does anyone else agree with me?

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 11:21:05 PM »
Well, Donkey Kong sure hasn't been doing too well latley, that's for sure, but I though King of the Swing and JungleBeat were pretty fun (though they aren't as good as the countries or DK64). On the bright side the upvcoming Bongo Blast, KoSDs and Diddy Kong Racing DS will all be with us in a short time, thus reviving DK's former glory.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 12:47:53 PM »
theres going to be a diddy kong racer for the DS?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
donkey kong 64 was the last good donkey kong game.

Lies! Try DK country! DK64 sucked. I quote from on magazine when I say this "After SM64 Breathed life into the 3D platformer genre
and Dk64 came along and sucked it back out. Although DK Jungle Beat wasn't bad...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 12:59:52 PM by solidmushroom »

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »
Are you all serious?Donkey Kongs games are amazing.ALL of them.
"A winner is you"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:09 PM »
Yeah all of the DK countries, originals, and maybe Junngle beat.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:02 PM »
First off, Donkey Kong 64 was NOT the last good DK game.  DK64 is possibly one of the most disappointing games I've ever gone through--way, WAY too much collecting.  King of Swing was a bit of a yawn fest as well, but DK redeemed himself in Jungle Beat.  That game is ludicrously fun.  The Donkey Konga games are fun too, but like the Mario Sports titles, I don't really think of them as being part of the core DK series. 

But yeah, other than Diddy Kong Racing on DS, there's not much in the Kong's future (right now) that looks too tantalizing.  Here's hoping we can someday get Donkey Kong Country 4 on the DS or something. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 03:45:31 PM »
Mario vs Donkey Kong is great, and the upcoming sequel will probably shape up nicely too. I've never cared too much for Rare's Donkey Kong platformers though.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 04:52:27 PM »
because of mario, metroid and zelda, donkey kong just got abandonded.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »
true, now his a forggoten chimp left in the back of nintendos mind.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 05:29:49 PM »
He is a gorilla.;)

He isn't forgotten.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 05:32:36 PM »
Wow, I can believe this many people hate DK64. I mean, I knew KoS wasn't that well liked (even though it's my second favorite DK game), but DK64 was a gold mine of fun in my opinion.

there's not much in the Kong's future (right now)
I have to disagree with you there for Bongo Blast is looking like a blast of fun to me.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »
All I'm gonna say is some of the Donkey Kong Country levels are like bad spin offs of the levels from Super Mario Bros.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 06:15:50 PM »
I liked DK64. 
I mean, sure, all I succeeded in the game was rescuing all the characters and then basically running around aimlessly for the rest of the game, but still!  It had its fun moments. 
And whatever happened to all those playable primates?  They didn't even appear as trophies in SSMB.  :(
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 06:25:40 PM »
It all went downhill after Rare left, and to think, we could have had Donkey Kong Racing on the GCN. <:-(

Print