Print

Author Topic: fans of other things  (Read 17061 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »
My favorites: Return of Ganondorf and The One Ring to Rule them All trilogy.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 01:55:47 PM »
Neil Cicierega

WIN

Anyways, here goes:

Lemmings (The game. It's so fun.)
The Kingdom of Loathing (Whoever said you "can't get addicted" in this game was sorely mistaken)
The Simpsons (cool show)
Any poker show (fun to watch)
Really bizarre music (Right now, I'm into "gabber" -- which is essentially fast-techno-ish music ... it's hard to describe.)

As for internet movies, Disaster Labs is probably my all-time favorite humor site (not linking because of a lot of questionable content, but just Google it if you're interested)... I personally find LF really overrated -- his graphical prowess is astonishing but I find his humor quite a bit stale. If I want to see cool graphics I'd go to an art site. Or something.
~I.S.~

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 02:30:01 PM »
Worms: Open Warefare.

Teh awsomeness.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 03:00:31 PM »
Worms: Open Warefare.

Teh awsomeness.

try gunbound. www.gunbound.com. i used to play this game.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »
Veronica Mars: Possibly the only thing on this list that doesn't include some sort of fantasy element, or an extended universe. I've been with it since the beginning and I'm not abandoning it when it jumps to The CW this fall. The connections people make between Buffy annoy me since I hate the Buffy/Angel-verse, but I can live with it.

DCAU: Beautiful animation, awesome voice-work, and great continuity. They've aslo pushed the envelope many times during the many shows, which has become quite rare these days.

Wrestling: I got into it in 2000, lost interest in 2002, then got back into it in 2003. It's been pretty hard to get used to sporadic appearances of Stone Cold and The Rock, and the death of Eddie Guererro made me realized how much he was one of the reasons I got into it in the first place.

Nintendo: Specifically, Mario (duh), Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars and Pikmin. I like pretty much any Nintendo franchise but the ones I listed I feel most close to.

Power Rangers: So I got into the show late, when it was losing popularity, but to this day I've been watching religously since mid-Turbo and I don't regret it. Well, maybe I do regret making my mom waste lots of money on the many toys and megazords but I still have most of them in top condition today, and they may save me from financial problems in the future.

Family Guy: I had loose interest in this show back when it had early life on Fox a few years back. It wasn't until I watched the first season in 2003 with my cousin during Christmas and even then I still didn't have cable which made it very hard to watch. I was so happy when I heard it had been resurrected by Fox and I have never missed an episode since it's return.

The glory days of Cartoon Network: I fondly remember watching Cartoon Cartoon Fridays without live action hosts and lame puppets. I also remember Toon Heads and Weekday Toonami, and Cartoon Theatre on Saturdays. Too bad at this point there's just no way they can ever go back to what they once were.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 02:24:49 PM »
Zombies: Because they're cool.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »
Pirates: Because I'm old-fashioned. ;)

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
Ninjas: Because they can beat zombies and pirates.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 03:05:13 PM »
Zombie ninja pirates are even better than them, they can beat everything!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 04:39:58 PM »
The glory days of Cartoon Network: I fondly remember watching Cartoon Cartoon Fridays without live action hosts and lame puppets. I also remember Toon Heads and Weekday Toonami, and Cartoon Theatre on Saturdays. Too bad at this point there's just no way they can ever go back to what they once were.
Ah yes.  I remember those days. *sniff* Good times... good times.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »
Me too, it was totally freakin' awesome!!!!! Now the cartoon network is shameful crap and they actually have live action hosts. Also, they got rid of all of the good shows that they used to show, like dexter's lab, Powerpuff girls(yes I watched that, don't laugh),Time squad,Samurai Jack,courage the cowardly dog, and of course, boomerang. Boomerang rocked!

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 04:47:47 PM »
im a fan of SNL. does anyone else watch it anymore?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 04:49:46 PM »
My mom liked it a long time ago, when it was good. Now she thinks it is idiotic and I agree. Then again, that's what happened to all that and Mad TV. Skit comedy shows like that are dead now.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »
Yet there are still people who actually find that stuff funny. Shows the current state of our society. :|

Anyway, I thought I'd list a few more things.

-Pirates
-Ninjas
-Robots
-Zombies
-Dinosaurs
-Cowboys (classic ones, not gay ones)
-Aliens
-Monkeys
-Bald guys who squrt fruit smoothies out of their ears

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
Fan of:

-Legos