Print

Author Topic: What Amuses You?  (Read 18323 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 12:29:14 AM »
We'll still see him on saturdays. John's funny enough to fill up your week. (Speaking of, why is he never on MSNM? Or is it just that I'm not...? Well, my internet should stop shutting down on us now)
Today we were in Target and I was standing somewhere. My sister says "MOVE! You're in my way." And I wasn't even in the way. I'm not THAT huge, there's an aisle otherwise clear of people. So my dad puts his hands over his mouth like a megaphone and says "Attention shoppers, please clear the aisles. You're in my daughter's way." I just busted up laughing, I didn't care who was watching. On the way home I made a hand-megaphone and said "Please clear the road, this car contains a V.I.P." She hit me. Oh well. I have one crazy family.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 02:07:27 PM »
XD I love that.  And I love this topic.  Three thumbs up.

What amuses me?  I laugh at funny thoughts I get in my head that anyone else would call stupid or insane.  I love comics like Dilbert, Garfield, and Far Side.  Dilbert is rediculous office humor, Garfiled is funny overweight/stupidity jokes, and Far Side is... far out there.  I also like Bible jokes too.  Like one year I was working in the kitchen of a Bible camp and one day was temporarily in charge of getting more cereal when we ran out.  So this girl in line for food asked me if I could get her some Life cereal because we had ran out.  So I left, came back with a box, and then said, "I have to come to give you life more abundantly!"  Ha, you have to know it.

I also like random jokes, pointlessness, and obnoxiousness as long as it doesn't cross the line*.

* This line that Y.R. speaks of is in his own definition and held to be judged by his own ideas.  Not all obnoxiousness may be judged the same way in all situations and all feelings.  Results may vary.  Please ask a doctor about this if you are nursing, pregnant, or may become pregnant.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 02:12:47 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 03:02:07 AM »
I am easily amused by many things that are even remotely funny.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 09:05:29 AM »
It's funny when someone makes stuff out of Legos. I respect those people, because they have A LOT of time on their hands.
every

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 09:32:33 AM »
I like many kinds of humor: parodies/spoofs, some bathroom humor, the Rocky and Bullwinkle humor that tests one's knowledge, Monty Python, the surrealism in Spongebob Squarepants, and much more.  I'm usually pretty funny, if you read any of my humor fanfics on fanfiction.net (Most recommended is Super Smash Bros. Insanity)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 12:42:14 PM »
I laugh at everything. People always tell me I should act my age, but I can't help but laugh at toilet humor and fart jokes. Political humor also amuses as do parodies of religion. Both subjects always seem to play some role in huge decisions so it's nice to see them ridiculed. Racial and sexual humor get two reactions out of me: " Holy crap, that's screwed up" or "So freakin' true". I also laugh at tasteless humor, which has gotten me in trouble before. Slapstick is great too.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 01:07:29 PM »
Glorb: >_< Legos rule!  They stretch your creativity and teach you about building skills while you're a kid!  When I was young I loved legos and built lots of cool junk.  Mostly stuff like little buildings and ramps that you could roll marbles around.  Never dis' da 'go's!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »
Randomness makes me laugh, which is a good thing, I guess, since my life is pretty random. Also, for you Pittsburgh folks out there, columnist Bob Smizik in the Post Gazette usually makes me laugh too, since his sports stories are so true yet he writes it so the players sound even more pathetic than they are.

I also got a lot of laughter out of the time my best buddy and I threw old computers from our school into the dumpster. I don't know why, but I laughed so hard at it. I think it's because I'm not really that up on technology and I've wanted to do it to so many of the computers that my school and college use/have used. I know Mac OS 9 (and the one that came before it, System 7) and that's about it. The school actually gave me this ancient Macintosh because the new computer dude didn't know how to use it and they knew I used the older Macs. I've only turned it on once and I don't use it much at all, but it looks sort of cute on my desk next to my iBook. It's one of those little fellows with a built in monitor called a "Color Classic". They say it can handle the internet with some card that they put in it for me, so maybe I'll try it if I ever get more adventerous with computers. (And for the record, I have a couple other old Macs sitting around--my old "Macintosh LC" from my childhood that is in its box (maybe it will be worth something?) and this black and white one which looks sort of like the "Color Classic" that's probably as old as I am called a "Macintosh SE" that I use for Quicken because nobody would probably steal something that old, plus I don't have a newer version of Quicken--my dad found this computer and had no use for it so I use it for my bank account. It's actually a really easy computer to use).

Yeah, I ranted off there. Another thing I find relatively funny, speaking of computers, is some people on AIM. I've seen people with the most random screen names, or ones that describe them perfectly that just seem really funny. Also, the way some people talk on AIM amuses me not only because it looks sort of funny but because I have to look it up--my dad got me a mouse pad that I used to keep next to my computer that had the meaning of all of them on there. Things like "L.O.L" or "B.R.B". They sounded like college degrees or something to me until I decoded them. It's pathetic that my dad knows more about internet lingo than I do, but then again I don't spend four hours in front of the computer at a time (though I've been using it more since I started college since all my friends are on AIM at night and that way I can talk to more than one at a time--the phone limits me to only one but I like the phone better because there is nothing better than a good converstion!)

Another thing that makes me laugh is when people have funny accents. I'm from Pennsylvania, so I laugh at southern accents all the time. When the movie "Forrest Gump" opened, I was laughing like a madman at Tom Hanks doing the Alabama accent. A lot of things in that movie made me laugh, like that line about Apple Computer being a fruit company and especially the entire football scene. (I used to think Apple Computer was somehow related to the local orchard when I was a little kid, so it really made me laugh). I have to really control myself when people talk with heavy accents from other countries (British especially). I don't know why, but it just makes me laugh.

There is one big thing I don't find funny though, and that would be bathroom humor. Burps, passing gas, and bodily excretion does nothing for me. For some reason most of the guys (and a few of the girls) I know seem to think it's pretty funny, but I don't see what's so funny about something that's not only disgusting but also just part of human life. It's like laughing at someone because their small intestine processes food, and I know nobody here probably laughs at that sort of stuff.

I also don't find people getting cheap laughs at the expense of others very funny. I have a friend, she's like a little sister to me, who is very ticklish. She literally will scream like she's been murdered and kick whoever tickles her really hard if you get her. Well, a good friend of mine liked to see this reaction. He tickled this poor girl intentionally many times just to see this (I had to get in his way for him to stop it). I mean, her reaction was funny, but she was in so much pain as a result. So I didn't laugh at all when I saw this happen.

Well, that was a long post, but it looks like it's been a while since anyone on this board has been amused (the last update to this topic looks to be sometime in June) so I guess this makes up for the four weeks or so nobody posted?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 02:54:16 PM »
When there's nearly as much text in a single bumping post at the rest of the thread.  Good jorb.

When I post in a thread with out reading all the text of the preceding post. 

When I keep typing "when" even though the questions was "what".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
I don't know what amuses me.  When other people are laughing, I start laughing.  Unless they're laughing at me, then I pop a .47 calibur into their-- uh, I mean I feel bad when people laugh at me, so I try not to laugh at other people unless they're trying to be funny.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »
Sometimes people's attempt at humor is funnier than the humor they are attempting.  MB's THREAD thread title was hilarious to me, but this theard is about merely amusing things so I shouldn't have mentioned it. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:52:00 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 03:30:19 PM »
I just spew out wads of laughs every now and then.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 09:38:24 PM »
Sometimes I laugh randomly to myself. Well, not quite randomly... I'll be thinking of something someone said earlier (I tend to do that... when I say something, I'll say it again and again in my head... Sort of strange, I know) and just start laughing and my sister will just turn and look at me like I'm crazy.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 09:48:11 PM »
Nintendo's most recent press release amuses me.  It also fills me with hope the that Wii will have an early launch and angst because I don't know.  http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=9938

Perhaps the secret to the launch information for Wii is somehow encoded in the text of this news item.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 10:31:55 PM »
bobman: The same thing happens to me, laughing at things I laughed at earlier. It's kind of crappy, because the people around you are like "What's so funny?" and you have to come up with a good excuse for laughing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print