Print

Author Topic: What are you learning about in life?  (Read 21844 times)

« on: June 10, 2006, 03:26:25 PM »
Hey there again!  I didn't think that I would get a new topic idea so soon, but when I feel like I get inspiration to create or do something, I can't rest until I get it done!

This topic is about the important things that you learn in life and what you want other people to know too. What are you learning from in books, movies, experiences, etc that we need to learn?  You can talk about things like education too, but I prefer to stick with lessons in life.  I also suggest that you let people know what you will talk about before you begin so they don't have to read the whole thing to find out.  Like, make a heading of what you are going to talk about such as "Truth and Consequences" (I underlined this paragraph and another so people would know it's the most imporant ones).  We can consider what kind of boundaries to have for this later. 

Maybe you think that you already know everything there is too know--like I use to think-- but now I'm really beginning to see how little I know and how much I can still learn.  And even if there are things you already know, sometimes we have to hear them a few times to really remember them.  That's the way I am at least.

One thing to mention, I want to say that I didn't copy The Fungi Gazette with this idea so you don't have to arrest me and throw me in the TMK Dungeon of Bread XD.  Second, I bet that some people may feel like I'm just making this topic as another way to talk about my beliefs and religion, but that's not the case at all.  I might talk about stuff like that later, but I'll try to have some restraint so I don't scare people away.  Now I'll share what I have learned (in a way)

Women Can Be Understood!

Recently I read a magnificant, mind-blowing book called "For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to The Inner Lives of Women".  This really opened up my mind to the ways that most women may think and what they really want in life.  Do you think that it's impossible to understand women?  Think again.  Seriously, I think that all men should read this book before they get in a relationship with a girl because this stuff could save your behind!  While I read it I began to realize why so many couples argue about things you would think of as simply dumb and not worth fighting about.  It's because men and women have different needs and see things in different ways!  As I read through every chapter of the short book I literally gasped out loud and refused to believe my mind.  It all made perfect sense and sounded so right.  Seven little facts that can make a great difference.

I wish that I had the book with me to give a quick overview, but I'm not at home right now, but maybe some other time.  I hope that this information can prepare me to become a more understanding friend to girls and a better husband to my wife (if I do get married).  Excuse me for raving and advertising there.  Have fun and let your minds grow by sharing and listening. (I sure hope this idea hasn't been done before ^_^:)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:40:22 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 08:19:22 PM »
I'm learning not to click topics like these.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 08:41:41 PM »
I've been able to do that for awhile, Chup.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 09:59:30 PM »
Global Warming

If we keep polluting the earth because of our own laziness or selfishness, then we will all come to regret this in the mere future.  If humans keep up the destructive means that have been going on for the last century, then the earth will become a destructive raging planet that nobody wants to live on anymore.  Temperatures will rise, storms will get stronger, the sea level will get higher, some species of animals will become extict, lots of humans will die, crops would be harder to grow, lives would be ruined, etc.  The list goes on and on.  If humans do not curb global warming soon, then we may pass a point of no return, and we have to live with a terrible environment for the rest of our lives and the many lives before us until the planet of Earth comes to an end.  There are lots of simple little tasks that we can all do to ensure a peaceful future on this planet.
  • Walk whenever you can
    Get a clean car
    Mow with an electric lawnmower
    Set the temperature in your house to be 68 of below in winter and 78 or above in summer
    Reduce, reuse, then recycle stuff
    Don't use a lot of electricity
    Get lightbulbs which are better for the environment
    See the movie An Inconvenient Truth
    Write letters to people who continue to abuse the planet for unecessary reasons
    Get Energy Star appliances for your home

There is some stuff you could do just to name a few.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 12:33:37 PM »
Well, I was watching Dragon Tales the other day until my sister starting complaining to my mother that I was turning sixteen in a few weeks and I was pathetic, so I put on Drake and Josh, which I think gets cheaper laughs and the plots are less fulfilling in the end.  But before I changed it, I learned that teamwork is both helping another while accepting help from another.  Not just one or the other.  TEAMWORK, YEAH!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 12:51:17 PM »
I have recently learned never to let my sister resize the desktop again. It's been stuck in "Cannot display this Video mode" for days now and we've tried to find solutions to fix it but none of them worked.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 01:23:40 PM »
CW and Vid: Lol, yeah I know.  I'm trying to experiment with new ideas and maybe this isn't the best.  I enjoy learning new things from people and passing it on, and thought that maybe others would too.

Fuzzy: I'm thankful for your concern.  I think that most people don't think about this topic very much because (1 they don't understand it, (2 they don't believe it,(3 they don't want to make the huge changes in their life, or (4 they don't think there's any way to stop it.  For myself I kind of worry that it could be just a scheme for taking money (to use for other purposes).  But I do think that we should be responsible with how we treat the environment and I'll try to find out more about this soon.

Markio: Yay, Dragon Tales! XD

Being Healthier

I'm reading a book called Seismic Shifts (how to make little changes in life with big results) and it talked about very simple things you can do to start losing weight and feeling better.
1: eat your food slower and enjoy it, and stop eating as soon as you feel satisfied but not full. So... you want to be ^_^ and not X_X.
2: drink a lot more water instead of pop/soda and other carbonated drinks.  At first I grew irritated from drinking so much but found out how much this can help with a lot of things
3: plan on what you're going to eat before you start a meal, how much you're going to eat, and decide when to stop eating
4. exercise (duh).  Find activities that are fun to do and also get you in shape (such as sports and DDR!).  But be careful not to overdo it.
5. Take off one day a week to relax and not work as hard as you usually do.  Rushing around 7 days a week can make you really tired or even sick.  You can focus better after a break.
6. Don't worry abou things you can't control.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:39:21 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 01:32:18 PM »
How could global warming be a scheme for taking money?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 02:45:22 PM »
I am so angry at my parents for not replacing the gas lawnmower with an electric one!  In the long run it will save them a ton of money, but they still wont do it!  Gas mowers are really bad for the environment.  I was shocked when I had first found out how bad they are.  It costs about $35 a year to maintain a gas mower, but it only cost about $5 a year to maintain an electric one!  My parents are just being lazy and selfish.  They could care less about how bad gas mowers are for the environment.  This is why I must do something about it.  But what?  Do they really expect me to buy one with my own money?   

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 03:06:44 PM »
Wow you are really serious with the environment!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:38:55 PM »
Electric Mowers are really bad for you when you run over the cord and you have to get a new cord. Electricity uses natural gases, nuke power, and coal. Therefore, we are hurting the environment by using electricity. THerefore, by coming to the Fungi Forums, you are killing the Ozone Layer. In fact, cutting the grass disturbs the natural ecosystems of the prarie-- lets not cut the grass at all!

C'mon... seriously, if you over analyze everything, you can find bad stuff with it all. Don't over-analyze. You are using a little bit of gas. I guarantee that your grass cutter is not as bad as that SUV you have.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
Electric lawnmowers do not come with cords anymore because they use a charging capability.  It is better for a lawnmower to be powered by electricity then be gas.  There is a big difference.  I know that every time someone uses electricity they are contributing to the greenhouse effect (not destroying the o-zone) but I am not wasting the electricity.  That is the big thing.  Leaving an appliance on when you are not using it is bad.  Just use electricity responsibly.  Of course it would be nice if my computer ran on solar energy, but it doesn't.  I wouldn't call my front or backyard a prarie either.  And did you know that using a gas mower for an hour is equivilent to driving a new car for 39 miles?  I just can't use a small device that will do that much damage.  It is just ridiculous.     

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 06:47:52 PM »
^ I was right about you being obsessed. Every post you make has to do with saving the environment. It's getting kind of annoying. You wouldn't want to turn out like Yoshi55.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 07:05:38 PM »
Who is this Yoshi55 that everbody thinks is annoying? 

Take action about the environment and I will stop being annoying.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 10:51:58 PM »
In short, Yoshi55 was A NARROW-MINDED TROLL.
Why? In short, he called anyone who disagreed with his opinions a n00b.
Why is this something The Chef should have said? Not the opinion part, but the fact that each and every post he made had to have something to do with the '80s.
I'm certainly not calling you a narrow-minded troll just for being an environmentalist. Maybe someday you'll invent a car that not only keeps the air clean, but cleans the air. and how happy will we be then?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:54:27 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print