Print

Author Topic: What are you learning about in life?  (Read 21845 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 11:43:28 PM »
We already had those cars. Then, they were killed.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 12:59:41 PM »
Reality sucks.

The easiest way for me to escape reality is by playing video games.  It relieves the stress I get from the cruel world.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 01:14:09 PM »
LD: I meant that global warming could be a small problem that is blown up to look like a huge problem to take money.  Not that I know this is the case or that anyone/everyone does it, but I just have a bad feeling about it.  On the other hand, I suppose that anyone could do that, even those who deal with well-known causes like starvation.

Fuzzy: I agree with them about the balancing thing.  We can't force people to accept our views and we have to find a sane balance in life so we don't lose our minds.  I'm sorry about your disappointment but we have to find things that aren't too difficult to do but could still make a big difference.  I try to save energy where I can.

Kojinka: That's probably not a good idea-- trying to escape reality.  I used to do the same thing and found myself losing out on many of the good things in life.  Life is terrible at times but it can also be wonderful too.  If you're going through rough times I hope you'll make it through.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 11:41:42 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:27 PM »
Wow, I had no idea that electric cars were that good!  It is a shame that they were killed.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 09:04:06 PM »
I didn't say I don't enjoy life.  I just said that I play video games to relieve the stress that  I sometimes get from the terrible stuff in life. (and because they're fun!)  Believe me.  I had to suffer through my roughest times back in 2004 when my mom died.  I think I've made it through that one.  I just continue on with life.  I'm trying to think of the good things that are currently going on with life, ummm... crap.  The terrible stuff is outnumbering the good stuff. :( I think I might still be going through some rough times.  I'm doing my best to pull through.  In the song of Little Orphan Annie, "The sun will come out tomorrow."  I finally realize the meaning of that song.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 03:10:18 PM »
Oh, excuse me for that.  I thought you meant that you would only play video games to relieve stress and do nothing else.  That's another story.  I'm sorry for saying that without thinking, and for the situation with your mom.  I would be so heartbroken if that happened to me.
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 08:02:33 PM »
Oh, and something I learned was that if something is going to happen and the future and you can't change it, make sure there is nothing you can do to change it, then accept that it is coming and be prepared for it, but don't lament over it during the present because that can ruin a perfectly good present when the future thing hasn't even happened yet.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 03:28:06 PM »
Okay, I'm not coming to this thread to complain or start a fight. I came here to explain what I've learned about life.

Life. What is life? What does it mean? Well, It's not something that can be achieved or won. It's not about being better than everyone else at everything possible. It's not something that one person has that another doesn't. It's a gift from God. The fact that life is something everyone can love every day is God's greatest achievement. In a way, he himself is a scientist, creating the universe's greatest invention. Choosing life each day and just living is the most wonderful thing you can give back to him. That's what I've learned about life.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 04:01:11 PM »
Exactly.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 04:11:30 PM »
Markio: Yeah, that's so true and very easy to forget.  We can't change the past so we just have to learn from our mistakes and keep moving forwards.  But I think you could have found an easier way to say it. ;)

PaperLuigi: Yes indeed.  But even greater and much more difficult is to live your whole life for God.  That's simply what I believe but for myself I'm seeing that it seems true.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 11:37:04 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 07:54:07 PM »
An even greater thing to point out. Living for God is the absolute. That is life. That is what I have learned. Thanks YR.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 08:01:21 PM »
Whatever!

P.S. God is great!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 08:23:51 PM »
Does Fairemaster have to make his posts so big with only two sentences?  It takes up space.  I think life is about responsibility.  That way it is like we were all created for a purpose.  Not just to occupy space.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 08:25:10 PM »
Haha. I was thinking the same thing.

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 08:40:23 PM »
i'll shorten the post

P.S.If you any Reasonable complaints i'll change.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print