Poll

What kind of person are you?

Liberal
Conservative
Centrist
Statist
Libertarian
Print

Author Topic: Liberal or Conservative?  (Read 22326 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »
It's already been proven that that "Worl'd Smallest Political Quiz" is oudated and too confined. Hence why the vast majority of people who take it end up with Libertarian or Centrist.

However while I'm here, I've got to say that based on my own experiences, I find it a little ridiculous when people under the age of 16 have strong political views. It's teenager syndrome. People of that age tend to have this idea that they know a lot more than they actually do. Back when I was groing up, from the age of 10-14, I blindly regurgitated my father's political views without thought. After that I randomly began to get that sort of rebellious streak in me at which point my political views leaned more to the left side. Now that I'm a full fledged adult, my politics have shifted back towards the right, however now I have my own views rather than simply rehearsing what I hear my father say. I suppose it all goes back to the old saying "If you're young and conservative, you have no heart. If you're old and liberal, you have no brain."

And no, that little rant wasn't aimed at anyone in this thread. Just a brief reflection. As a political science major, I find the process of developing one's beliefs, as well as their reasoning, pretty neat.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2008, 09:56:58 PM »
If you're old and liberal, your brain hasn't yet succumbed to dementia.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »
Well, my roommate had me take a Political Compass test (just google it if you're interested), and I ended up as a Left Libertarian, in similar location to the results of Gandhi, the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela.  So I guess I'm libertarian.  My roommate is from China and his result was similar to Stalin, tee hee.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2008, 08:00:32 PM »
After McCain's loss, I'm done with the Republican party. I registered with the Libertarian party the other day.
= = = = = = =

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2008, 07:36:17 AM »
Ah, but if the republican party is smart, they'll go much farther right in 2012.  Don't know if that's a good thing for you, but...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
I admire the Libertarian Party's extreme pro-civil rights view. They say that the government's only responsibility is to protect its citizens, but I wonder how much power the corporations would get under the lack of regulation that is favored by the Libertarians.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »
Honestly, I'd rather see the republicans go more conservative in 2012. I like Palin. Part of the reason I didn't like McCain much was becaues he kept trying too hard to be the nice guy. The moderate. What did it get him? Alienation from his core voter base and the Obama campaign was still able to portray him as the big, bad, Bush buddy.

Really, the republicans are going to need to go Palin/Jindal in 2012. Bobby Jindal is their secret weapon right now. He's 37 I think now, so in 4 ears he'll be the prime age for running, so until then he can train in secrecy to prepare for the upcoming battle against the evil emperor. He's Luke Skywalker in a way.
But yeah. If that's not the ticket, I'll probably vote for Bob Barr should he run.
= = = = = = =

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2008, 07:03:16 PM »
I hope there's a Mars colony by 2012.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
It'd be nice if we still had moon technology. If nothing else, it would make for less fodder for the conspiracy theorists. But as it stands, NASA doesn't expect to get people on Mars until 2037, after a 2020 moon mission, according to that thing I read. Google'll probably get there before them.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »
I believe the government should be divvied up more amongst the people and the states on non-major issues such as drinking age, death penalties, drugs, smoking laws, sex rights and Animal rights. I believe in the protection of personal freedoms rather then sacrificing them for public safety. That's all I really care about because I loathe politics.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:18:17 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2008, 08:30:56 PM »
Back when I was in Space Camp, they were planning on Mars in 2020. Too bad they fired NASA people so they could use their paychecks to make DTV converters for the mindless masses.
That was a joke.

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2008, 03:31:29 AM »
He's Luke Skywalker in a way.
More like Darth Maul.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2008, 09:57:30 AM »
Jabba the Hutt.

Also, please stay on Earth.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
No way! Space expansion FTW!

Although experimenting with resonance cascades would likely yield more results.
every

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2008, 04:13:36 PM »
Take me to your leader!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print