Poll

Has a video game ever caused you to cry--either directly or indirectly--in any way whatsoever?

Yes.
No.
There was something in my eye; I swear.
Print

Author Topic: Have video games ever made you cry?  (Read 28231 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 12:13:35 AM »
I do remember crying several times whenever I've gotten really, really far in a level or game and couldn't save it (at least not yet) and then someone would turn it off on me or the power would go out and I'd have to start over again. Or if I had just finished doing something really, really challenging or time consuming but hadn't gotten to a save point and the same thing happens.

Just like Sapph, I've cried because of saving points and someone turning it off. My anger usually results in me crying my eyes out so when my brother turned off LOZ:WW and I was trying to throw the bomb flower into the other statue. I had to go to bed and my gamecube (conicedently) was in his room. I asked him not to turn it off. But in the morning, I went back in to play and he had turned it off, just like I had asked him not to, and I went MAD. And you know why he turned it off? TO play SSBM.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 12:35:06 AM »
Well that is a good game...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 09:01:17 AM »
Well that is a good game...

But I had gotten there in friggin 1 night? How COULD he. He had no pity for me, which made me even angrier.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 10:39:42 AM »
Still, you have to admit:  SSBM is a really good game...
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »
I'm guessing LOZ:WW is a good game too.  SSBM is just a bunch of fast things that don't need savin' or the like.  Ya just play and finish, play and finish.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 11:09:46 AM »
I think on a few rare occasions I came close to tears out of frustration from a video game, but (like Vidgmchtr) I pretty much swear it off when I get very frustrated in a game.

:/
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:49 AM »
I sorta cried in Paper Mario 2: TTYD when the Bob-omb sidekick read his wife's letter when she was almost dead. A true heartbreaker.
My sister is a...(insert threat here)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 11:41:58 AM »
I have never cried about a video game. Ever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 01:10:16 PM »
Until my Dad beat Zelda:OOT I would cry when a game was beaten.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 01:16:42 PM »
I once cried of frustration on my umpteenth attempt to beat "Survival" mode on Gold in Star Fox Assault. I never did beat that stupid Queen Aparoid on that level of difficulty, and it made me really, really mad.

Thankfully, I've never broken a controller out of frustration.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 02:02:39 PM »
When I was in third grade, this video game came and took my lunch money.  I was so sad, I cried.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »
[WTD]?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 03:32:19 PM by Sapphira »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »
Final Fantasy [RPG] By The End Of The Game You Feel Like You Know The Characters So At The End When A Character Dies you Want To Cry

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »
I think I cried at the end of Super Mario 64 because the game was over and nothing was left to do.
I see poop.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2006, 07:52:38 PM »
Chrono Trigger.
Music.
Bittersweet situation.
That was a joke.

Print