Poll

Has a video game ever caused you to cry--either directly or indirectly--in any way whatsoever?

Yes.
No.
There was something in my eye; I swear.
Print

Author Topic: Have video games ever made you cry?  (Read 28321 times)

« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2006, 04:27:13 PM »
Well, they gave him amnesia as an excuse, but when the fans demanded real answers, we got Shadow the Hedgehog, the most pitiful excuse for a Sonic game ever. (Worse than Sonic Shuffle, actually.)

Actually during the final fight against Black Doom, Eggman reveals that he saved Shadow somehow from his death. I'm not sure on the details though, but Shadow never actually died.

« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »
You mean you've been a fan of Shadow this whole time yet you've never even played his debut game?

Of course I've played that game! I have it! I just never knew that Shadow died until I played Sonic Heroes. I was kidding about the blasphemy. Y'know what? I'll go back and edit it. Get rid of the whole thing.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2006, 06:05:53 PM »
Actually during the final fight against Black Doom, Eggman reveals that he saved Shadow somehow from his death. I'm not sure on the details though, but Shadow never actually died.

I knew that. The point that it was the lamest excuse they could've come up with. I'll bet it took all of two seconds to think of it.

Of course I've played that game! I have it! I just never knew that Shadow died until I played Sonic Heroes. I was kidding about the blasphemy. Y'know what? I'll go back and edit it. Get rid of the whole thing.

So you didn't play all the way to the end?

« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2006, 08:54:31 PM »
Sorry, it's just that you answered him on how he died and got me confused. But stiil, you're right. It was rediculous. Eggman wasn't even outside of the ARK when Shadow "died." How could he possibly save him from burning up in the atmosphere?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »
Well, you could say that he didn't burn up in the atmosphere, as Sonic was able to leap out of the Death Egg and fall all the way down to Earth (and land on the Tornado) in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, but then again, we don't know how close to Earth the Death Egg was.

Sorry, got a little off-topic here.

« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »
So you didn't play all the way to the end?

Can't. I'm stuck in Cannon's Core.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »
The end of OOT, because it was over!!!! no delete my brain so I can play it again with that same fresh feeling! It will never happen. I hope LZTP is good.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2006, 06:25:45 PM »
Can't. I'm stuck in Cannon's Core.

At which point are you stuck? Perhaps I can give you a hand.....

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »
Eggheadman's part. I can't get those stupid blocks to stay in the right spot! (And yes, I do know how to work the time switches, thank you very much.)

« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2006, 04:27:04 PM »
I have a new moment that almost made me cry in a video game..

***spoilers ahead***

IN Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, when you get to Star Haven (or whatever the area is called after Star Hill.. it should be Star Haven, but only if you've played previous Mario RPG's.. anyway..), there is a star door there that says you may only pass if you get grown up Luigi to bring this box back to the front area, so you can hit it to prove your worth.

After you get the block and bring it back, Luigi tries to hit it, but it moves (several times), then door calls Luigi forward again, and  asks a question, then offers only 3 answers. When you try all 3 answers, the door will say you should've picked the fourth answer, at which point Luigi says there was no fourth choice(I'm assuming this is what he said.. darn M&L gibberish..), and after a short arugement with the door, Luigi breaks down and cries because he thinks they can't get into the area because of him, at which point Mario and babies start arguing/hitting the door with the hammer.

I almost cried at this scene myself, for it was a very touching scene, after the door let the babies and Mario beat on him for a bit..

*sniff* Poor Luigi..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »
I completely agree with what Toad said. Not only did that part make me cry, but I refused to play the game for the rest of the day. That didn't seem to keep me from becoming the first person on GameFAQs to reach level 100 though. Heh heh heh.

And lookie here. I even have a video of that part. Recorded it myself. ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejw-zCBjc6M

Also, there was a part or two of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon that made me a bit misty-eyed...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2006, 06:55:43 PM »
I can't beat 100 man melee.  No matter what I do, those #^&$&* computer players cheat me out of a win every time!
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2006, 08:47:11 PM »
... I will... just quietly slink away from this... considering... I beat 100 man melee *slinks away*

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2006, 11:13:31 PM »
Yeah, my only recommendation for you is to find someone you're good with and use him/her to their full potential. This doesn't go for Cruel and 15 Minute melee, however...

« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2006, 12:23:56 AM »
IIRC, I was able to do a 100-man melee quite easily...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print