Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 77641 times)

The Chef

• Super
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:38:08 AM »
I made this thread for discussion about cartoons, seeing is how Nintendo Bros.' polls sparked a lot of toon discussion. So the last thing we left off at was about the Simpsons. Hopefully the mods will merge those posts with this topic.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:22:49 PM »
Um, what was wrong with the last topic?
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »
Nothing, he just wanted to create a topic where we could all come and talk about cartoons instead of getting off topic in the other one.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 09:11:13 PM »
We are getting off topic right now, if you haven't noticed.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:24:56 PM »
The other one wasn't off topic; it was a natural progression of the discussion.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 02:38:42 AM »
Well, this thread certainly got off on the wrong foot.

To clear things up, I don't hate The Simpsons. I hate what it has become. I also hate the cheap shots the crew takes at Family Guy since they claim FG is a rip-off of the Simpsons. Wow, both of the dads are complete idiots? Both are about a family? What else can we find good sirs?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 12:13:31 PM »
I don't really understand the popularity of Family Guy. The jokes on it can be found on any other show.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
No way, Chef. Out of any show I've ever seen in my life, Family Guy tops them all in terms of comedy.

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »
No.You can find that king of humor anywhere.(South Park.Only it is 100x funnier than Family Guy)
"A winner is you"

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 06:01:28 PM »
No, SP has that stupid kind of humor, The Simpsons RULES all.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »
Family Guy is still my favorite.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 06:25:39 PM »
FG is okay, but Simpsons is my favorite, SP is stupid.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 06:36:55 PM »
South Park is more intelligent than both combined. If you fail to see that it's a personal problem.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 09:43:42 PM by TEM »

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 09:27:48 PM »
I'm not a fan of either "Simpsons" or "Family Guy". I don't find either very funny and because of that have hardly watched them. "South Park" would be good if they cut out all the sexual content--get rid of those bad jokes/words and you have a clever show. I've seen more of "South Park" than the other two combined, but have never watched it on a regular basis--usually just when someone has the DVDs and pops one in. I'm one of these people who would much rather watch sports on TV (unless it's poker, which I just find to be really boring on TV).

I guess I'm just not that into cartoons. I never saw many at all when I was little and I didn't even know what Nickelodeon was until I was in kindergarten and other people talked about it! In fact, I didn't even see a "Bat Man" cartoon on TV until I was nine. Some of the animated/computer movies they make (such as "Finding Nemo") are quite good though.

But yes, "Simpsons" and "Family Guy" do nothing for me. I'd rather watch sports or "American Idol".

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 10:23:09 PM »
Tell me, why do you post in a cartoon discussion thread for the sole purpose of stating how you aren't into cartoons?
That was a joke.

Print