Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 77637 times)

« Reply #345 on: October 21, 2006, 08:16:33 AM »
He thinks everything is gay. That's just how he is. There's no changing what he says, so might as well put up with it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #346 on: October 21, 2006, 10:36:44 AM »
He thinks everything is gay. That's just how he is. There's no changing what he says, so might as well put up with it.

True. It's obvious that if we have to tell NB not to use the word "gay" in the way he uses it for the ninth time, he just won't get and we should stop wasting our time on him. Why should we waste time fixing something that simply cannot be fixed? Besides, this is the toon disscusion thread, so we've got cartoons to debate about. Like Zatch Bell.

I watched this anime last night out of sheer boredom. Lemme tell ya, I'm not one to laugh at cartoons, but I couldn't help but to have a big smile on my face as I watched this 'toon. This episode wasn't focussed on Zatch and his/her owner. This episode focused on some kid with a duck beak and his owner, who was apparently a movie star with a thick itailian accent. They were trying to save a little girl's sheep from some guy and his dragon. The humor is constant, quirky and random. For example, at one part of the show, that movie star guy was walking through an inferno generated by the dragon. As he was making an awe-inspiring speech, the show switches to a shot behind the guy, showing the fire had burnt through the back of his pants, revealing his underwear.

I look forward to the next epiosode of Zatch Bell.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:38:27 AM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2006, 01:25:37 PM »
In my opinion kids' anime shows have become too annoying and formulaic to tolerate. Especially Naruto - its only redeeming quality is its hard-rawking theme song, which I can practice my rad air guitar skillz on. Other than that, totally overrated.

However, I do have a soft spot in my heart for Bobo bo-bo-whatever the crap it's called. It makes about as much sense as The Evil Bread. And that much weirdness takes serious effort.
every

« Reply #348 on: October 21, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »
I saw Kiki's Delivery Service today (on a local channel, which I find a bit odd), and enjoyed it quite a bit.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2006, 05:25:01 PM »
I wish some of the more specific-genre animes would get sent here. I want an anime that I can relate to!

« Reply #350 on: October 21, 2006, 09:00:18 PM »
I can relate to Kinnikuman because of Wrestling. Although it's not the kind of wrestling I do, it's just a little something, you know?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #351 on: October 21, 2006, 09:31:52 PM »
In my opinion kids' anime shows have become too annoying and formulaic to tolerate. Especially Naruto - its only redeeming quality is its hard-rawking theme song, which I can practice my rad air guitar skillz on. Other than that, totally overrated.

First of all, if it was a kids show, it would be dubbed into Y7. It got a rating of PG. If you think the show is bad, you should watch the earlier episodes such as the ones in the Wave Country arc, then you'll understand. The show also exploits many feelings suck as betrayal, loneliness, and anger. Unless you're talking about the later episodes where they are mostly filler, then I can understand why you think it's crap. But, I'm assuming that you're watching the one on CN.

I can understand if you think it's stupid and I respect that, but it's not overrated.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2006, 12:10:32 AM »
"Overrated" is overrated.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #353 on: October 22, 2006, 08:28:45 PM »
I'm still trying to get my movie preoject off of the ground.  I am currently planning that and a subsequent cartoon series based on it.  You all should remember my movie from a character I have alluded to about 100 times.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #354 on: October 22, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »
I don't remember what the heck you're talking about.
That was a joke.

« Reply #355 on: October 22, 2006, 10:53:05 PM »
I second Chup.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #356 on: October 22, 2006, 11:25:48 PM »
Never mind.  It's in the old Movie Ideas topic.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #357 on: October 23, 2006, 10:04:37 AM »
Hey, that reminds me! Cyber-LepreClaw, Ninjas vs. Pirates and Citizen Pain, all coming to a theater near you!
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #358 on: October 23, 2006, 03:59:21 PM »
I have hundreds of ideas for a webcomic/animated series I hope to make someday. 'Fraid I can't tell you them at the moment. Maybe some other time when I have time to spare.

Print