Print

Author Topic: The Toon Discussion Thread  (Read 77645 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 04:07:23 PM »
That was so awesome, it spun off into it's own kick-awsome show.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »
Mabye you can assume that Animaniacs is the empire of cartoons.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2006, 11:27:33 PM »
What in the hex does "the empire of cartoons" mean anyway? ?? ??? ???? ?????
That was a joke.

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2006, 01:32:34 AM »
Hmmmm....

*And so starts another episode of Vidgmchtr's Opinions Which Someone'll Definitely Argue Because They're Extremely Opinionated Themselves and Will Not Back Them Up with Anything Except "HEY I CAN HAVE MY OPINIONS TOO SHUT UP".*

The Simpsons:
It's funny, and I'll watch it if it's on and there's nothing else to do. Though, I agree with a lot of people, it's getting old, and 22 minutes of nothing but funny jokes turned into 10 minutes of funny jokes and 12 minutes of.....meh.

Family Guy:
This cartoon is awesome. I'm quite glad it was put back in production. Though, the 4th season hasn't been as funny as the previous ones (a lot of the jokes run long, to the point where it's not as funny as it is annoying). A favorite episode of mine in that season would be Jungle Love, in which Chris goes to South America as part of the Peace Corps to escape being a freshman at high school.

South Park:
I also like this cartoon quite a bit. Though it can get very vulgar at times, it does have the ability to make me laugh hysterically (just like The Simpsons and Family Guy). My all-time favorite episode of South Park is "Good Times with Weapons".

ZIM:
A great cartoon with an unfortunate premature death. If only Nickelodeon allowed Mr. Vasquez more freedom with it, it probably wouldn't be off the air. The dark, crazy humor is what makes me like this cartoon so much (I have the whole series on DVD). Probably my most favorite episode would be "The Frycook What Came From All That Space", or "Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars".

Rocko's Modern Life:
Another great cartoon that ended too early in its life. Nick seems to keep the crap, and cancel the good stuff (or annoy the creators into cancelling it themselves). A lot of the humor in it WAS very "mature", but so subtle that children would not be able to catch themselves.

Spongebob:
NO. NO NO NO. I'll say nothing more.

Ren & Stimpy:
Though in my opinion, not as great as ZIM or Rocko, but still very funny. I'm sure it'd be even funnier with the assistance of drugs. :D

The End.

ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF Vidgmchtr's Opinions Which Someone'll Definitely Argue Because They're Extremely Opinionated Themselves and Will Not Back Them Up with Anything Except "HEY I CAN HAVE MY OPINIONS TOO SHUT UP":

"No! He's NOT A KAPPA, NOR WAS HE BASED ON ONE!"
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2006, 01:36:37 AM »
Your cartoon habits are identical to mine. I shall not argue, and anyone that disagrees with you disagrees with me as well.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2006, 12:09:06 PM »
Hahah, Vid's lame attempt to start an arguement failed!!! I kinda with you two anyway, but you left out DB!

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »
What in the hex does "the empire of cartoons" mean anyway? ?? ??? ???? ?????

Exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

"No! He's NOT A KAPPA, NOR WAS HE BASED ON ONE!"

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Kappa Mikey?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2006, 12:46:31 PM »
Nope, some people had an arguement on the General Mario Chat about if bowser is based on a Kappa, when he isn't.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »
Sometimes it makes me wonder if the people behind certain cartoons were on drugs when they came up with the idea for that show.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 01:13:48 PM »
Please post an example.

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »
Bobobo, for one. That show is obscenely stupid, and I hardly understand what's going on half the time. I guess the Japan version is better, but I've never seen it, so I'm making a raw guess.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 01:23:23 PM »
I seem to recall a cartoon that I don't really like, but it was actually kind of a hit show for 4kids.  It's called "The Cramp Twins."  I hated it because it knocked one of my favorite shows off of the air.  Which is the same reason why I personally dislike the Power Rangers.

Call me erratic call me what you will.  Say I'm old fashioned, say I'm over the hill.  Today's music ain't got the same soul, I like that old time rock and roll.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2006, 01:54:57 PM »
I seem to recall a cartoon that I don't really like, but it was actually kind of a hit show for 4kids.  It's called "The Cramp Twins."  I hated it because it knocked one of my favorite shows off of the air.  Which is the same reason why I personally dislike the Power Rangers.

Call me erratic call me what you will.  Say I'm old fashioned, say I'm over the hill.  Today's music ain't got the same soul, I like that old time rock and roll.

You're just like me Jman.

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2006, 03:35:56 PM »
Bobobo, for one. That show is obscenely stupid, and I hardly understand what's going on half the time. I guess the Japan version is better, but I've never seen it, so I'm making a raw guess.

lol, I know.  That show is hilarious just because it makes no sense whatsoever.  The characters stray away from the plotline so much in that show, and simply bend all the rules of sense, that you feel as though you're watching a show made by a four-year-old!  When I first saw it, I was expecting it to be a serious anime show.  I ended up laughing until I had a side ache.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2006, 04:04:04 PM »
One of my favorite cartoon was Captain Planet, man I loved to watch that show every morning before going to pre-k or kindergarten, whichever.  I always loved to say "The power is yours!" almost everywhere I went.  Goodtimes, I have a bunch more I used to watch, I'll post every other day.
I only watch [adult swim]

Print